My Calves Experiment

Have a calves day.

Good luck & wish you satisfactory results.

Walking on your toes when ever you aren’t in shoes definitely helps, also sprints, preferably in spikes or bare foot on grass, really build the calves.

I as a kid had to have implants in my shoes because I walked on my toes too much. Whenever I wear shorts, my calves are normally the first thing people notice.

I don’t quite remember the article, but it was definitely from here, that has the calves idea that I use.

Basically, you can do it on just about any calves exercise, and just figure out a weight that works for you. You aim for about 12 reps in each ‘position’. First, toes pointed straight forward, then toes pointed outward, then toes pointed in. And you do these in a row with no breaks. Normally the first set ends with 12-12-12, my next is about 12-8-8, and then like 12-8-6

Not sure if you’ve tried something like this, but it definitely gave me a little something extra.

[quote]sid132 wrote:
why not try doing calves first thing in your routine?? depending what ur split is that is [/quote]

I do that 3x a week.

[quote]antman wrote:
Walking on your toes when ever you aren’t in shoes definitely helps, also sprints, preferably in spikes or bare foot on grass, really build the calves.[/quote]

eh I ran the 100 for my HS track team. No calves growth there lol.

oh i dont know then haha most people in my gym just do 2 sets of calve raises at the end of a sessions and always complaining they dont grow. just like the quads and hamstrings thing some guys seem do do squats front squats hack squats leg presses and then just a couple sets of leg curls.

One of my college strength coaches said that when he was in high-school he and some of his friends decided to start walking on their toes. He still does. “Yeah, he said,we looked like idiots but all of us have awesome calves”. And he did. Too bad his brain did not improve in the process.

I think it just comes down to matching the intensity you bring to your favorite bodyparts and bring that sort of attention to calves. I mean I don’t think I’ve EVER heard a lifter so, fuck bruh I’m so amped to do calves todays!! I just can’t wait!!!

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
I think it just comes down to matching the intensity you bring to your favorite bodyparts and bring that sort of attention to calves. I mean I don’t think I’ve EVER heard a lifter so, fuck bruh I’m so amped to do calves todays!! I just can’t wait!!![/quote]

hahah so true. I just can’t handle the pump I get from doing calves. After just a few sets it’s so bad I can’t even move, I enjoy the pump I get from working all other bodyparts but calves just hurt like a bitch.

The problem I see with your idea is that you have to always think about it. I love bodybuilding but that would just become such a pain in the ass after awhile

[quote]AndrewGpv03 wrote:
Hey bro try doing with Dante from DC recommends doing… for your cardio set the treadmill to max incline and walk on the balls of the your feet. Try 2.0-3.0 mph… higher speed for more cardio, lower for a longer TUT for your calves.

I started with 20 minute sessions and have moved up to 1hr sessions (1 hour the balls of your feet is interesting) because I too want to bring my calves up…[/quote]

Doesn’t Dante say something about not going over 30-40min.?

[quote]pinkponyz wrote:

Oh my, 1 hour sessions… If I lean well forward and focus on pushing with my toes, I’m starting to make pretty ugly grimaces at around 10-15 minutes…[/quote]

Yea i got tired of that fast lol

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

hahah so true. I just can’t handle the pump I get from doing calves. After just a few sets it’s so bad I can’t even move, I enjoy the pump I get from working all other bodyparts but calves just hurt like a bitch.[/quote]

Yea I was thinking about that earlier today doing curls. Pushing with arms, back, even shoulders now I can take it and sometimes even like it but calves are just painful

I’ve been doing Donkey raises with a technique i read in a fairly recent Tmag article, 3 foot angles (straight, in, out) and each set has 3 parts-
from bottom strech to parallel, from parallel to top and full strech to contraction 12-15 of each position. seems to be working, the last set is ROUGH.

Ive also just started taking a page out of i believe Nate Green and John Romans ‘book’ and doing this new thing called Jump rope, or Yump rope, it could be a soft ‘J’, apparently you just BOUNCE on your toes and let this rope pass around your body… extra cardio and calve work!!