My Bulking Diet

This is my bulking diet what do you guys think?

Meal 1: Oats, whey powder and egg whites

Meal 2: fruit

Meal 3: two cans of tuna and a baked potato

Meal 4: 3 chicken breasts whole meal pasta

Meal 5: 3 chicken breasts rice (sometimes steak instead of chicken)

Meal 6: lots of milk with whey powder and some chicken

Thanks for any help.

Where’s the fat? I hardly see any.

You need some protein with meal 2.

Anyone?

[quote]Emre wrote:
Anyone?[/quote]

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459429

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459431

It looks ok to me but overall i think you could use more calories. Try adding more fats into your diet, like olive oil, fish oil an natural peanut butter. Also with meal number two you’d be better off adding some protein, try a handful of almonds and some beef jerky. If it was my diet id throw in some veggies like broccolli too.

Like i said not too bad might be a little low in calories for bulking. Stick to your meal plan but don’t be afraid to get some extra calories from junk food everynow and then.

And also dont worry about just eating the whites of the egg, eat the bastards whole.

I agree with the fats, toss in some olive oil and some red meat. Also I’m not sure what your starting point is but unless your like 135lbs I have a hard time believing that this few calories is gonna add weight for ya.

[quote]Emre wrote:

Thanks for any help.

[/quote]

Hmm, vegetables don’t add much calories but they do add lots of usable vits and mins. And yeah, like they said, fats. Here’s what I would do… Add cheese and/or sour cream to that potato. Toss the pasta with steamed or grilled veggies and olive oil. Add a garden salad to meal 5 and add chopped nuts or seeds and some flax oil. Take a few fish oil tabs or the straight up oil.

I would hate to see your cutting diet. MORE FOOD. Do you weigh 140lbs or something?

Meal 2 is fruit? Um protein?

How much do you weigh and how often do you train? We gotta know???

Unless you’re really bad about putting on tons of fat with a surplus of calories, I’d bump up the calories by dirtying it up a little bit.

Fat’s not the enemy, even sat fat has redeeming qualities.

[quote]Emre wrote:

Thanks for any help.

[/quote]

I eat this much food when I diet.

[quote]Emre wrote:

Thanks for any help. [/quote]

Looks like you’re eating about 2400 cals. a day. How much do you weigh? I could eat what you’re eating (indeed, that’s close to what I eat) and still lose about a pound a week.

Are you like 160 pounds? Even then, you would not be eating enough!

In order to really comment on you diet, we need to know a little more information.

1. How much do you presently weigh?
  2. An idea of your training schedule. Here is why, in order to gain mass you need to consume more calories than you are burning.

So for example if you are training 5 days a week and only consuming 2400 calories a day, you won’t experience growth, in fact you may lose wieght. The general rule for growth is to break the muscle down,feed it and rest it. Depending on what your goals are will dictate the amount of calories you need to consume. There are many different idea’s on the subject, but here is what has worked for me.

I take my target weight multipy it by 18. That gives my caloric intake for the day( approx 4000-4200). I will eat 7 meals a day (only 2 feedings are shakes, the balance comes from solid food) and continue to bust my ass in the gym. Remember, if you don’t continue to train hard, you defeat the entire process.