My buddy got jumped

Get a Taser. Zap his ass and let the cops serve that warrant. At the least he will piss all over himself. They are probably legal in your state. Checkout the following website. Some states do not even require a permit.
http://www.taser.com/pages/citizen/citizen.html

Me Solomon Grundy

tell your friend to check out www.scars.com - it’s the fighting technique that was taught to NAVY SEALS. My friend bought some info on it a couple of years ago when it was first released and it talks about how to strike people and get the job done quick. It doesn’t matter whether you’re big or small, they show you a style of fighting that injures/cripples your opponents and for every strike there is a body reaction which you train for so you can follow up with another devasting move. I saw the video once and the instructor demonstrated how to properly do a head-butt. He hit a guy with a full-protected motorcycle helmet and he wasn’t wearing any protective equipment and knocked the guy down with only the head-butt and no damage to himself. That sucks nowadays that you just can’t get revenge on people without getting into trouble. Tell your roomy to kick his ass next time any means possible so the guy will never bother again. Fighting isn’t supposed to be fair, just get the job done.

well you mentioned the guy took your buddy down and got him on his back.
brazilian jui-jitsu utilzes a defensive and offensive position when someone is put on their back. it’s called “the guard”. (I apologize if you are familiar and I explain it like youre totally ignorant about it).
it’s a position where the person on the bottom (on his back) wraps his legs around the attackers torse (kinda looks like missionary sex to be honest) but from that position the bottom guy can control the guys hips, pull his attacker close to avoid being hit, reverse the position to end up on top (best option IMO)break his arm (armbar) or choke the top man with his legs (triangle choke).
go to this website for photos.
www.bjj.org
You’ll see what I mean

I agree that being aware of one’s surroundings and receptive to things like listening to foot steps approaching quickly, a shadow behind you that seems too close, etc.
All that guard stuff i mentioned before is good but my advice for people in a street fight is anything neccessary. If I end up on my back, I’ll use my Martial arts training but I’ll also use good old fashioned eye gouges, strikes to vulnerable ears like the throat, groin, floating ribs, headbutts, biting etc.
a palm heel strike to the nose is a favorite too.

I should have read further in your post. The following is a link you should checkout. If the guy really out weighs you by that much look into fighting styles that use Judo or grappling. Pressure points are always good. Keep in mind that if you don?t hurt him bad enough the first time he is going to come back with something more (i.e. some kind of weapon).
http://www.kyusho.com/toc.htm

Me Solomon Grundy

Well he didn’t exactly get blindsinded did he!!?!?
He had plenty of time to react. I would go with frontfacelocks advice and learn BJJ or some other form of MMA grappling. Realistically he’s not going to be able to submit the guy from the guard until he’s trained for a while, but he could definitely lock the fucker up and protect or nullify the attack substantially. After a couple of weeks training have him roll with you since you’re a big guy and he can see if he can tie you up.
Most people will calm down or give up if you frustate their attack.

I lived in some bad areas. Several of my buddies had been jumped. One was stabbed and nearly died. The main thing is to pay attention. If you’re always thinking about potential avenues of escape, potential ambush spots, etc. you don’t generally get blindsided.
If you doop de doo out to your car thinking about a what’s going to be on Friends tonight you’re fucked.

Running footsteps are one clue. You hear those and you best react. My buddy that got stabbed did and that’s what saved his life. As he turned the knife missed his center of mass and got shoulder instead. He was able to fight off the guy with the knife (he got stabbed a few more times) and his buddies and run to get to a safe spot. He weighed all of 130 at 5’8" and had no special martial arts training.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I’ll have him read the post and get to studyin’.

Just talked w/my roomate and the cops got his ass and are booking him now.

why doesn’t your buddy go blind side him and beat the living shit out of him.

My buddy got jumped too. I responded like a democrat. I decided to ask his assailant his motives for the attack. When he said, “I just hate the guy.” I asked him about his childhood. When he told me his dad left when he was zero, I decided to blame it on the Republicans. They didn’t give his alcoholic father enough financial support. He should have been given free housing/transportation/and alcohol. Then he would have had time to nuture his son so he would have never attacked my friend. You need to sit down with the attacker and delve into his past. Try to understand him. Then throw money at the problem. Hope this helps.

hillary/billyboy/jerrynadler/alfranken/jacqueschirac/alancolmes/nancypelosi/barneyfife/barbaraboxer/williebrown in 2004!!!

Probably because he doesn’t want to be his cell mate. DUH!

you should getsome “Frying Pan Repellent Serum”

(any family guy fans?)

I just have a plain reccommendation - get him to learn Aikido.

Doesn’t matter two shits if your 100# and 4’ high and your oppenents 230# and 6’6", as long as the guy isn’t jet li you can defend yourself quite well with Aikido. Even teaches you how to sense incoming attacks (without having to see a guy running from 100m away)

Rip the dudes ear off. Show it to him, and see if he still wants to brawl. Chances are when you show somebody a peice of their own flesh, they slow down real quick. I know a guy up in VA that’s gotten into quite a few street brawls and survived every time. He teaches but I;m not sure what city. Send me a PM if you want more info.

Oh and Target Focused Training is bad ass. I met Tim Larkin in Vegas and have learned much of the same stuff he teaches. Also Tony Blauer is good, but he’s more directed towards us in Military spec ops and LE.

Nathan

“I just have a plain reccommendation - get him to learn Aikido.”

“Doesn’t matter two shits if your 100# and 4’ high and your oppenents 230# and 6’6”, as long as the guy isn’t jet li you can defend yourself quite well with Aikido. Even teaches you how to sense incoming attacks (without having to see a guy running from 100m away)"

Dude, you’ve watched way too many Steven Segal movies.
I dont want to say Aikido is worthless but most Aikido dojos spend an inordinate amount of time doing randori (sparring) with opponents that arent resisting.
They also spend a lot of time showing counters to unrealistic attacks like wrist grabs, throat grabs, bear hugs, etc. It’s hardly a “fighting” art. It’s more of a commercial art that hippies gravitate towards

Someone already suggested it, but when enough time has passed, get a few friends together with some bats, and jump the bastard. Leave with a little message that next time he touches the friend, you’ll break his knee caps and slice his tongue out.

Course, if he’s really pyscho, I wouldn’t be leaving the friend alone for the next few years after doing that. Guy might wanna take revenge.

Tell your boy to get to a boxing or MMA gym ASAP. As for self-defense products I like OC Gas (pepper spay).

Either take the legal route and fuck him over in court. Or hit up the army/navy store get a ski mask, some leather welding gloves, duct tape,and heavy piano wire. Btw wear something you’re not afraid to ruin. I hate getting jumped.

Just out of curiousity ,did your freinds attacker take an ass beating from your buddy in the first place?

Pressing charges was a good idea. But just in case he gets jumped before the cops find the predator, he should develop some good techniques.

When he’s somewhat alone, he should be very aware of his surroundings, and be alert. He should expect this guy at every moment. That way, the adrenal response will kick in effectively. Instead of freezing, he will have the fight-or-flight effect, IF he’s alert.

Also, he should attack vulnerable (but not fatal) areas, like the knees, groin, solar plexus, anywhere on the face.

If he wants to take martial arts, I would recommend Krav Maga. It earned a good reputation for self-defense. It is used by the Israeli Defense Forces (the army - 2nd most powerful in the world!).

Hope that helps!