My Body Stopped Gaining Muscle

hi I’ve been training about 1.5 year now with the same range of set and rep in all my workouts about 6 months i notice that my weight stooped increasing now i’m 165lbs and before i stared training i was 123lbs you can see my pictures the old one and the new .i think my body adapted this kind of routine reps(8-15) and sets (3-4)

can you help me guys i don(t know what’s wrong with me i eat well i sleep well ! please guys

this is the old photo of me before sorry for the bad english

Change the focus of your training for 6-12 weeks

I didn’t understand can you make an example.

[quote]k030r wrote:
I didn’t understand can you make an example.[/quote]

Post the routine that you are using right now and I’m sure we can make some suggestions.

[quote]k030r wrote:
i notice that my weight stooped increasing now i’m 165lbs [/quote]

Then eat more. This has nothing to do with your training routine.

Monday :back/triceps

pull ups 8-123
dumbbell row 8-12
3 or seated cable row
t bar 8-123 or barbell row
hyper extension bench 8-12
dips 8-123
bench press close grip 8-12
cable press down 8-123
dumbbell overhead extension 8-12

Wednesday :legs

squat 8-153
front squat 8-15
3 or leg press machine
leg curl machine 8-153
calf raise 15-20
seated calf raise 15-20*3

Friday : chest/biceps

Barbell Bench Press 8-123 or dumbbell bench press
incline Barbell Bench Press 8-12
3 or incline dumbbell bench press
incline dumbbell fly 8-123
dips 6-12

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]k030r wrote:

Then eat more. This has nothing to do with your training routine.[/quote]

This all the way.

Beginners need to understand this. You eat x calories per day and it is a surplus. So you gain weight. You gain 40 lbs and are still eating x calories per day. But now x calories isn’t a surplus anymore, it is too close to maintenance to gain anymore weight. So you stop gaining weight. Its pretty simple.

How is your strength progressing? I know you have given a rep range for each lift but can you give a specific example of your progression? It would be useful to see your last 10 squat sessions.

You’ve answered your own question -move on to a new program:

Gainz in a bottle…

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]k030r wrote:

I beg to differ. If he just eats more, he may just gain more fat if he doesn’t also train productively.

OP, try a) eating more (yes, it’s one piece of the puzzle) b) training with more frequency and different rep ranges. RampantBadger made a good suggestion, another (which will be gruesome but effective) will be Mass Made Simple.

thank you guys this my 1 rep max in the 5 compound exercise
pull ups my weight(165+59lbs)
squat 224lbs
dead left 247lbs
bench press 176lbs
dips my weight(165+95lbs)

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]k030r wrote:

I beg to differ. If he just eats more, he may just gain more fat if he doesn’t also train productively.

OP, try a) eating more (yes, it’s one piece of the puzzle) b) training with more frequency and different rep ranges. RampantBadger made a good suggestion, another (which will be gruesome but effective) will be Mass Made Simple.
[/quote]
???

He says his problem is that he hasn’t been able to gain any bodyweight after hitting 165lbs. What does his program have to do with it? Please explain.

[quote]k030r wrote:

pull ups 8-123
dumbbell row 8-12
3 or seated cable row
dips 8-123
cable press down 8-123

squat 8-153
front squat 8-15
3 or leg press machine
leg curl machine 8-153
calf raise 15-20

dips 6-12
[/quote]
No shoulders?

[quote]dt79 wrote:
???

He says his problem is that he hasn’t been able to gain any bodyweight after hitting 165lbs. What does his program have to do with it? Please explain.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure what he actually means is he wants to gain more muscle. This is where his program comes in. “Just eat more” without a reasonable program just leads to a trip down dreambulking lane. Please note that I did acknowledge that his diet is important - I just think it’s not the only factor.

OP,

Can you gain any weight past 165lbs? Any kind of weight. Fat. Muscle.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]k030r wrote:

pull ups 8-123
dumbbell row 8-12
3 or seated cable row
dips 8-123
cable press down 8-123

squat 8-153
front squat 8-15
3 or leg press machine
leg curl machine 8-153
calf raise 15-20

dips 6-12
[/quote]
No shoulders?[/quote]

i have injured my right shoulder, i feel weakness and pain while doing shoulder workout so i avoid this workout till my shoulder heal

[quote]dt79 wrote:
OP,

Can you gain any weight past 165lbs? Any kind of weight. Fat. Muscle.[/quote]

yes i can gain weight but just fat

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
???

He says his problem is that he hasn’t been able to gain any bodyweight after hitting 165lbs. What does his program have to do with it? Please explain.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure what he actually means is he wants to gain more muscle. This is where his program comes in. “Just eat more” without a reasonable program just leads to a trip down dreambulking lane. Please note that I did acknowledge that his diet is important - I just think it’s not the only factor.[/quote]
Sorry, misunderstood his post. You’re right.

Maybe just some stupid suggestions but:

1. diet is very important. Don’t try to push your calories over the border. But make sure you get in 2 grams of protein per kilogram/0.8 gram of protein pound of bodyweight. For fats and carbs: on training days, eat more carbs, play around with this. Given your body comp, try to get as much carbs in as protein. If you get fat, eat less, if you feel tired, eat more.
    For fats, eat around as much fats as protein on non-training days.
    So to give an sample (can be different for you): on training days protein/carbs/fats: 30/40/30
    On non-training days: 30/30/40

2)Well, you said you use the same reps and sets for 1.5 year. That is quite a long time! I hope you added weight every 1 or 2 weeks.
But to be honest, I can really see why you don’t gain mass anymore. 1: you probabely aren’t getting very strong on this program. Being strong is a really good base to get bigger. 2: this is pretty much a “smart bro-split”. It certainly isn’t stupid, for a pure bulking program, it’s pretty decent!
The problem is, you can’t really get stronger at a more advanced point if your stuffing all this extra stuff in.
Try this: The Complete Power Look Program

You have built mass in the last 1,5 year, now is your time to get strong enough for this mass.

To get say it as simple as possible:
-take like 6 to 8 weeks of doing 1 heavy main lift everyday, (a variantion of the folowing: bench/deadlift/squat/Overhead press), like ramping up to a 3 RM (not a personal maximal per se). Use the same main compound lift every week during this phase!

• Do accesory work to fix weak points, and do pull-ups and rowing to balance the pressing.
    -Don’t do anything like calfraises, biceps curls, tricieps extensions. No fluff, just hard work on the basic stuff.
    -When you have done this, go back to your old program. See what happens.
  1. Sleep like a baby 8 hours a night and don’t stress. Recover!