My Body Just Won't Burn Fat. Help

I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with my body?!

Is there some conditions out there were your body just always wants to burn muscle and carbs and never whats to use fat as a energy system?

I’ve tried 1-1 intermittent fasting (1 day 500cal/1day normal eating) for 3 months, just lost heaps of muscle, didnt loose any fat at all.

I’ve tried just eating 1600 (250p,100c,20f) cals a day and working construction work 4-8 hours a day for 3-5 days a week, while lifting weights every day as well. The amount of work I do while working my job is insane like digging holes, lifting huge logs around all day, sweating and high heart rate for hours and hours every time im working. All that does fucking nothing! don’t loose any fat at all. My body just eats my muscle away and I get skinny fat looking.

Its sooo sooo soo fucking annoying to work so god dam hard and be strong with diet and get fuck all results!

Seriously what else can I try?

I am 6’2 and 200lbs with about 15% body if I had to guess, have 4 abbs and a small gut below them and some little love handles.

I just want to be lean and get a strong summer bod god damit!
Thanks

Yep it can be pretty hard to lose fat whilst maintaining muscle. I’m no expert but the theory is these days to minimise carbs, so the body is more likely to use fat as an energy source, keep protein high to stop the body becoming catabolic on your muscles, fats are fine in moderation. You probably already know this. It sounds good as a theory but doesn’t work for everyone, because you can feel weak/low energy on low carbs.
You can do what a lot of competitive bodybuilders do and take steroids like primobolan on anavar which seem to be good at maintaining/building muscle on a restricted calorie diet. This brings with it a dimension that you may not want to go down, depending on your age and training experience.

you need to look at your eating plan,the 2 examples of your eating suck
i work a fast paced manual labor job and lift 4 days a week i eat 3k to 4k calories a day to maintain weight
if you cut calories to low your body thinks there is a famine and will burn lean tissue because it takes more resources to keep, and hold fat because your body doesnt know how long the famine will last

Dude, you don’t need to get into a huge surplus but eat 2500kcals for a while (because you’ve eaten so little for so long) and give your body something to work with.

6 weeks, hit the numbers each day and go from there.

You have 7 months until summer

Green Faces eating style with a slight reduction in calories. 7 months is plenty of time

Post a pic.

I’m going to guess you’re not tracking the appropriate things, or not doing it correctly, so you have no idea what’s actually going on beyond you don’t like how you look.

Here’s what I would expect from a well reasoned, good post, about someones body not burning fat:

OP: come back when you actually have some real information.

Until then, here’s what I think: your body can burn fat, you’re just eating too much (despite what you think).

We are the same height, I used to weight 200 (looked not well, lost 35 lbs, my wife thought I had cancer), all because I was eating about the same amount has you are (long story, got really sick, did not do it by planning it).

Short story, you are not eating enough to sustain working out and working heavy labour. Eat man. Bump it up to 2500 (not over night mind you). You are loosing muscle because your body is eating itself. It’s a self preservation method the body adapts when you are an idiot with your calories. Protein breaks down way easier then fat.

Get on a proven program (Chad Waterbury, for example), eat to grow, get your peri work out nutrition going and don’t sweat the small stuff.

I now eat 18000 calories a week, not including 1.5 scoops of plazma. Went to 215, lost an inch off my waist. Not asying this to impress you, but to impress on you the mentality shift you need to take.

Oh, and by the sounds of it, you need yoga and meditation.

[quote]Judas wrote:
I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with my body?!

Is there some conditions out there were your body just always wants to burn muscle and carbs and never whats to use fat as a energy system?

I’ve tried 1-1 intermittent fasting (1 day 500cal/1day normal eating) for 3 months, just lost heaps of muscle, didnt loose any fat at all.

I’ve tried just eating 1600 (250p,100c,20f) cals a day and working construction work 4-8 hours a day for 3-5 days a week, while lifting weights every day as well. The amount of work I do while working my job is insane like digging holes, lifting huge logs around all day, sweating and high heart rate for hours and hours every time im working. All that does fucking nothing! don’t loose any fat at all. My body just eats my muscle away and I get skinny fat looking.

Its sooo sooo soo fucking annoying to work so god dam hard and be strong with diet and get fuck all results!

Seriously what else can I try?

I am 6’2 and 200lbs with about 15% body if I had to guess, have 4 abbs and a small gut below them and some little love handles.

I just want to be lean and get a strong summer bod god damit!
Thanks [/quote]

Intermittent fasting is fucking you in the ass then dick slapping you across the face.

Does that analogy get the point across? For your sake I hope so.

Your job burns 400 OR MORE cal per hour. So you’re already in a deficit before you even hit the gym. The fat around the waist might be from hormonal imbalance, poor diet, your body’s efficiency at gluconeogenesis, etc.

And, nothing personal here, but I’d bet your exercise program isn’t exactly mind blowing.

Also, don’t even day dream about sticking a needle until you’ve completely exhausted all other options.

There’s a couple of guys here who are open about using and have impressive physiques. But they also have their nutrition and training dialed in. I believe they both have coaches.

The other users have little or nothing to show - as evidenced by the fact they never post a single pic. You’ll know them because all they do is just parrot some advice they read or heard elsewhere.

Trust me: you can progress without going that route.

What kind of food are you eating? The quality of diet is just as important as the quantity. Don’t expect results if you’re having fries, candy, soda and protein shakes everyday.

[quote]JFG wrote:
We are the same height, I used to weight 200 (looked not well, lost 35 lbs, my wife thought I had cancer), all because I was eating about the same amount has you are (long story, got really sick, did not do it by planning it).

Short story, you are not eating enough to sustain working out and working heavy labour. Eat man. Bump it up to 2500 (not over night mind you). You are loosing muscle because your body is eating itself. It’s a self preservation method the body adapts when you are an idiot with your calories. Protein breaks down way easier then fat.

Get on a proven program (Chad Waterbury, for example), eat to grow, get your peri work out nutrition going and don’t sweat the small stuff.

I now eat 18000 calories a week, not including 1.5 scoops of plazma. Went to 215, lost an inch off my waist. Not asying this to impress you, but to impress on you the mentality shift you need to take.

Oh, and by the sounds of it, you need yoga and meditation.[/quote]

I just get fat if I bump up my calories

I eat clean as fuck. Just oats and whey for breakfast. Eggs and salad and low gi whole grain pasta for lunch. Oats after work and some more whey. Meat and salad for dinner. All the above is what I eat 90% of the time. The lunch gets mixed up a bit with some quiches.

[quote]reconbyfire wrote:

Green Faces eating style with a slight reduction in calories. 7 months is plenty of time [/quote]

I live in the southern side of the world mate! Summer is in 2.2 months

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Post a pic.[/quote]

[quote]lift206 wrote:
What kind of food are you eating? The quality of diet is just as important as the quantity. Don’t expect results if you’re having fries, candy, soda and protein shakes everyday.[/quote]

I eat clean as fuck. Just oats and whey for breakfast. Eggs and salad and low gi whole grain pasta for lunch. Oats after work and some more whey. Meat and salad for dinner. All the above is what I eat 90% of the time. The lunch gets mixed up a bit with some quiches.

Do protein shakes make you fat? I eat them 1-2 times a day?

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Post a pic.[/quote]

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
I’m going to guess you’re not tracking the appropriate things, or not doing it correctly, so you have no idea what’s actually going on beyond you don’t like how you look.

Here’s what I would expect from a well reasoned, good post, about someones body not burning fat:

Until then, here’s what I think: your body can burn fat, you’re just eating too much (despite what you think). [/quote]

I told you the exact numbers I was eating per day in the 3 month diet? plus energy expenditure etc

What more information would you like?

[quote]Judas wrote:

[quote]reconbyfire wrote:

Green Faces eating style with a slight reduction in calories. 7 months is plenty of time [/quote]

I live in the southern side of the world mate! Summer is in 2.2 months[/quote]

Check out lyle mcdonalds stubborn fat solution, Ketogenic Diet, etc. His stuff works.

[quote]Judas wrote:

[quote]goochadamg wrote:

Until then, here’s what I think: your body can burn fat, you’re just eating too much (despite what you think). [/quote]

I told you the exact numbers I was eating per day in the 3 month diet? plus energy expenditure etc

What more information would you like?[/quote]

BF % readings. Weight change information. Without these two things you can’t arrive at the conclusion that you’re not burning fat.

But we already know you can burn fat; even if you were hypothyroid this would still be the case, you would just have to eat less than if you weren’t. It’s impossible to not be able to burn fat. So, your body is burning fat. However, you have little muscle, and just do not realize you are still too heavy. You probably need to be more like 170-180lbs to be “lean”.

Get the scale to move (be more consistent/eat less/move more), and continue, or start, following a solid tried and true lifting program.

[quote]Judas wrote:
I’ve tried 1-1 intermittent fasting (1 day 500cal/1day normal eating) for 3 months, just lost heaps of muscle, didnt loose any fat at all.[/quote]

How muscular were you before you started IF to be able to lose “heaps” of it? From the photos you posted, you look slightly more than untrained. What were your stats before IF compared to now? And since you’ve had an account since 2006, what have you been doing all this time?

I feel as though the primary issue is that you’ve not built enough muscle to cut down to anything.