My Bench Press is Straight Sh*t

You’re not a shit bencher, so much as an awesome squatter/deadlifter. There. Your only problem is perspective. :wink:

And you have to understand it takes time to build strength. I’m with the earlier posts saying that your progress was good. Give it 6 months, and you’ve put another 60lbs on your bench. I think it’s a huge mistake for you to change anything. Nothing is wrong.

1 Like

I didn’t want to make a new thread since this one isn’t even a week old.

So I find out that I have bad levers for deadlifting with good back (My wingspan is 6’ at 6’3) and below the knee point I wont have good posture unless I do a snatch setup (my butt is really really low) but I use even more leg power then. Should I switch to rack pull or trapbar deadlift? I also wondered that I could do both (trapbar deadlift 5/3/1 and then rack pull 5x5 or 5x8 as assistance to it).

Second question - best mobility/stretching drills to help vertical jump? Right now my running vertical reach is about 10ft 8 inches and its constantly growing I feel that if I get even more stretching and mobility I could jump out of the building in no time. Also my standing reach is 7ft 7 inches

As long as you continue to look for excuses as to why you shouldn’t deadlift, you will continue to flounder. Are you trying to win a world deadlift championship? If not, then who gives a flying fuck how poor your levers are. Just get stronger.

Ordinarily, I’d say there are many alternatives to deadlifting but you’re just trying to justify dancing around your weaknesses. Once the rack pulls get hard, you’ll have a reason not to do those.

Basically, shut up and deadlift

2 Likes

Seconded. It’s funny how its generally the small, weak guys who bitch about having poor leverages or whatever that stops the deadlifting (or squatting, or benching, or anything else they suck at). The big strong dudes just do whatever work is necessary to work around their leverages.

1 Like