My Bench Form

Hi. Can you take a look on my bench press? It’s a deload week for clarity.

It is hard to judge based on a load that is quite easy, but you don’t seem to have much leg drive, and your feet aren’t really tucked up underneath you. Your knees are at the same height as your hips, rather than a little lower.

I always thinking my feet should be more forward but I’ll try place them under me. Thanks for response.

Looks fine. Might want to try and video a heavier weight if you are having concerns about form breakdown.

Don’t touch/go.

Way too loose on the bench but learning that takes time. I can’t tell bar path but its a bench…so if it goes up, it’s good.

knorm I’m starting next phase next week, I mean Beyond 1.2 so I’ll record video with heavier weight.

Jim pause on chest don’t have to be competition time? I’ll record from side next time.

Thanks for replies.

do you have to touch the chest for 5/3/1? Is it ok to have barbell about 1 inch above chest and pause there instead of on the chest?

[quote]powerbuffman wrote:
do you have to touch the chest for 5/3/1? Is it ok to have barbell about 1 inch above chest and pause there instead of on the chest?[/quote]
Is there a reason you would rather pause above the chest?

[quote]-Adrian wrote:
knorm I’m starting next phase next week, I mean Beyond 1.2 so I’ll record video with heavier weight.

Jim pause on chest don’t have to be competition time? I’ll record from side next time.

Thanks for replies. [/quote]

It doesn’t have to be a “competition” pause - but pause it. Besides the obvious reasons, this will really help with your shoulder health.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]powerbuffman wrote:
do you have to touch the chest for 5/3/1? Is it ok to have barbell about 1 inch above chest and pause there instead of on the chest?[/quote]
Is there a reason you would rather pause above the chest?[/quote]

that’s the bottom of my ROM, and where my shoulder feels most comfortable with. I used to touch the chest when I was young making my elbow going down far below parallel believing it was beneficial, ended up growing shoulder pain.

I can, however, touch my chest easily (more like under nipple line) if I create exaggerated arch on the lower back with belly sticking out and I see many power lifters use this form, as a bodybuilder I never really needed this form, I only need slight arch on the lower back and can chest up easily without having to create lower back arch too much.

[quote]powerbuffman wrote:
do you have to touch the chest for 5/3/1? Is it ok to have barbell about 1 inch above chest and pause there instead of on the chest?[/quote]

It is important to use a full ROM. So yes.