My Before & Afters

This is the opposite of progress though. Look what what I’ve become. Do I still have potential to get back to the level of where I was at? I honestly don’t even remember how I did it. I never cut in those before pics. I hate healthy and super clean but didn’t count macros. Got depressed for a while… one of my best friends got blown up in afghanistan. Was in a bad relationship… was going through a lot of training and was sleep deprived for a good 6-7 months. I’m out of all that stuff now and back in school now… 22 years old. Still young. Idk how to get back guys. Please help.

Right now I’m cutting eating 2200 calories a day. 180lbs… 5"11

Before: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
After : http://imgur.com/a/agXom

I’ve been really interested in SARMs. Been doing a little research. Still have a lot more research to go but I was thinking of running a cutting cycle of SARMS. I also avoided AAS because of the HTPA shutdown but this seems like a great alternative to avoid all of that.

[quote]fearlessbanana wrote:
I’ve been really interested in SARMs. Been doing a little research. Still have a lot more research to go but I was thinking of running a cutting cycle of SARMS. I also avoided AAS because of the HTPA shutdown but this seems like a great alternative to avoid all of that.
[/quote]

this isn’t really the part of the forums to discuss it but SARMs will shut you down. Stay away from that sort of thing for a couple of years yet.

From what I see, you would be better off crushing some weights than cutting. You aren’t that big, more so just got softer looking if that makes sense. What has your training looked like now vs in the past?

SARMS won’t do what you want them to do, particularly if you’re trying to go from you’re after picture back to what you used to look like. You did it once, man. You can do it again. You’re young as fuck! Hell, I was MUCH worse off than you at 22.

And I agree with what’s been said. Cutting at 180 lbs, 5’11 is not the right move. You’re gonna be a stick if you do that.

I looked much worse than your after photo and looked pretty much like your before in a matter of about 4 - 5 months. And that was at 40. It won’t take much. Just put your head down and get after it.

I really don’t know how to approach it. I really suck at counting macros. I’m on the run a lot so it really difficult to sit there and bust out a tupperware meal everywhere I go. On top of that counting and scaling everything out just takes forever. How do you guys do it? I think instead of logging everything into myfitnesspal I’m just going to memorize what all my basics have. Medium bananana = 27 grams of carbs and I’ll round up to like 30.

I really don’t know how I did it before. I never counted… I just trained hard. Ate a lot of good clean healthy foods.

I’ve been going back and fourth with bulking and cutting and since I’m already 5 days in the cut I feel I have to continue this for at least a month. Stick with I start. My body looks like crap. I want to be able to see abs again. My chest looks really terrible and flat.

Any advice guys? Also I’m surprised to hear what you guys are saying about SARMS I’ve read nothing but good things about them.

Use your twenties to bulk and get freakish strong. You shouldn’t be thinking of cutting right now, you need mass.

Pick a good BB routine and progress on it, find a good gym where most of the people are bigger and stronger than you.
Eat to grow (increase bodyweight at a reasonable pace). Go by the scale and the mirror, you don’t need to fucking count macros at 22 when growing.

If you find that you’ve gained too much fat in the next 6-12 months (which I doubt will happen, get a reality check on the forum here though) - clean up the diet and do some damage control. If you’re not gaining weight, eat more.

Get to be the biggest baddest motherfucker in the gym - THEN do a cut.

Dude, quit overthinking this. The first thing I’d try is to do just what you did before. If you didn’t count macros before but “just trained hard”, then do that and see where it takes you after a few months. If you don’t like the results, then start counting.

But if you insist on staying on a “cut”, and convenience is an issue with regard to meals, then consider intermittent fasting: 16 hour fast, 8 hour eating “window”. On my cut I slowly pushed out the time I would first eat by 15 or 30 min little by little until that become 1 or 2pm. That way I could eat bigger meals and not worry about pre-making anything. (And getting a food scale and creating a basic spreadsheet of the foods you eat is not that hard to do.)

Stay away from any chemicals for now. You are no where near where you should be to consider such things.

Update to my progress… I’m 7 days in.

I really don’t know how I did it before. I never counted… I just trained hard. Ate a lot of good clean healthy foods.

[/quote]

You already answered your own question.

I eat pretty close to the same thing every day to take out the guess work.

I really don’t know how to approach it. I really suck at counting macros. I’m on the run a lot so it really difficult to sit there and bust out a tupperware meal everywhere I go. On top of that counting and scaling everything out just takes forever. How do you guys do it? I think instead of logging everything into myfitnesspal I’m just going to memorize what all my basics have. Medium bananana = 27 grams of carbs and I’ll round up to like 30.

I’ve been going back and fourth with bulking and cutting and since I’m already 5 days in the cut I feel I have to continue this for at least a month. Stick with I start. My body looks like crap. I want to be able to see abs again. My chest looks really terrible and flat.

Any advice guys? Also I’m surprised to hear what you guys are saying about SARMS I’ve read nothing but good things about them. [/quote]

Just about everyone who raves about SARMS has a financial interest in a company that sells SARMS. They can be somewhat effective at best. If training and diet aren’t great, they’ll be useless.

Your reason for continuing your cut for a month is stupid. No reason to sugar coat that. Why, if you realize you’ve been doing the wrong thing for 5 days, would you feel the need to continue doing that thing for a month? A smart person would cut their losses.

My guess is you’re oscillating between bulking and cutting far too much, and overthinking things now. Do what worked before. ‘Training hard and eating reasonably well’ is what I advise everyone to do. It’s what I do. I don’t count macros, and I don’t even follow a real lifting program.