My Back Double Biceps Pose Sucks

Not sure if OP is fishing for compliments, so here goes:

• OP’s fat loss journey has been a stellar success, so far
  • OP looks much more muscular since he ditched his softer ways
  • OP’s delts, bis and traps DO pop with his back double bi (sure, post. delts can never bee too big and them traps could use a tad more size, but still)

Gorilla, just keep adding muscle and staying lean.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Not sure if OP is fishing for compliments, so here goes:

• OP’s fat loss journey has been a stellar success, so far
  • OP looks much more muscular since he ditched his softer ways
  • OP’s delts, bis and traps DO pop with his back double bi (sure, post. delts can never bee too big and them traps could use a tad more size, but still)

Gorilla, just keep adding muscle and staying lean.
[/quote]

thanks man. your last sentence is what im trying to do at the moment.
i started doing hang clean & presses with dumbbells on shoulder day.
i think this movement can give me a little bit more trap pop.

Maybe the OP can post a pic of what he’s expecting/wanting to look like…?

[quote]MinusTheColon wrote:
Maybe the OP can post a pic of what he’s expecting/wanting to look like…?[/quote]

This :slight_smile:

You have alot of mass in your arms, i recommend doing arnold concentration curls

my rear lat spread doesnt suck :slight_smile:

Great job! Checked your instagram pics and you have done a damn good job. Would like to know your diet and workout details. Very much interested!

[quote]ani wrote:
Great job! Checked your instagram pics and you have done a damn good job. Would like to know your diet and workout details. Very much interested! [/quote]

thanks man. below is what i did until i got down to 78,5 kgs. im 75 kgs now.
the only thing i do differently nowadays is i cheat more comfortably and have more carbs like rice, whole grain bread, pasta, potatoes etc. otherwise my weight keeps dropping down and this is something i dont want.
my training is %90 same. i only added meadows rows, db romanian deadlifts and landmine chest presses to my arsenal.

i created a workout-meal plan and sticked to it for months. i started 93,7 kgs and my goal was to drop to 80 kg. actually i couldnt keep my weight steady after dropping to 80 and it is 78,5 kg now. i used only two supplements, whey and creatine. i drank whey only after the workouts, 4 times a week, never on my off days as a meal replacement. i took one teaspoon of creatine everyday, no exceptions.

i cheated only once in 3 weeks until i dropped to 80 kgs. after reaching my target weight, i started cheating once every weekend and i kept losing weight. since i am beyond my expections at the moment, i can comfortably have 2 cheat meals at weekend. one on saturday night, one on sunday breakfast. thats it.

i train in my basement gym and my whole equipment consists of a barbell, two adjustable dumbbells, lots of plates, an adjustable bench, a 18 kg kettlebell, a 10 kg weighted vest, push up handles and a swiss ball.

i trained 4 days a week. one day on, one day off. my split is as below

• back
  • chest + triceps
  • legs
  • shoulders + biceps

below list consists of everything i ate for 5 months. i didnt weigh my food, i didnt calculate how many grams of protein-carbs-fat i ate. when my weight loss slowed down, i reduced my complex carbs for a few days. i just went with how i felt. not having a deadline for reaching my target made it easier of course.

• whole eggs ( i ate 2 boiled whole eggs every morning )
  • whole fat dairy ( cheese, milk and yoghurt )
  • oatmeal ( my alternative to eggs on breakfast was a bowl of raw oatmeal, milk, sliced raw almonds, crushed walnuts, raisins and cinnamon. that is delicious )
  • white rice, bulgur and rarely pasta ( i ate white rice everyday and a very big plate of it )
  • chicken, meatballs made of ground beef, tuna and salmon ( i ate tuna max. 2 times a week, salmon once a week, grilled chicken nearly everyday )
  • all vegetables ( raw or cooked with extra virgin olive oil )
  • fruits (apple, pear, banana, melon, watermelon. i ate only one piece of fruit everyday)
  • beans and lentils ( at least 3-4 times a week )
  • nuts ( raw almonds, walnuts and cashews )
  • peanut butter ( i ate one tablespoon of it everyday )
  • whole grain bread ( max 2 slices everyday )
  • 2-3 liters of water, green tea and turkish coffee ( only once a day, after dinner, without sugar )

i had my breakfast at 08:00 am then went to work. i had my lunch at 12:00. then i had two snacks. first at 15:00, a piece of fruit. second at 16:30-17:00 depending on my hunger which is a full tablespoon of peanut butter. at 18:30 i left the office, went home and had my dinner at 19:00-19:15. i started my workouts approximately at 21:30 and finished at 23:00. after shower i had my post-workout shake which is one scoop of whey and one teaspoon of creatine. then i went to bed.

lastly, here is my workout program. my exercises dont change too much since my equipment is extremely limited. i never did cardio or trained abs until i dropped to 80. now i do 3-4 sets of swiss ball crunches at the end of every workout.

back
one arm deadstop db row or one arm barbell row - i learned both from john meadows
old school corner t-bar row with a v-bar ( always a triple dropset at the end )
dumbbell deadlift ( sets of 8, never lower )

chest + triceps
incline dumbbell press ( neutral grip, it feels very natural to me )
dumbbell squeeze press
weighted vest push-up ( feet elevated, hands on push-up handles )
bodyweight dips ( there is a broken treadmill in the basement and i use its side rails to do dips. they will collapse one day but until then i will go on )
two arm overhead dumbbell extension

legs
dumbbell sumo squat ( i stand on two chairs to increase ROM and hold one dumbbell between my legs )
barbell front squat ( heels elevated, i clean the weight from the floor )
kettlebell swings supersetted with jump squats
one leg calf raise ( i wear my weighted vest for this )

shoulders + biceps
arnold press
one arm dumbbell lateral raise
bradford press or dumbbell front raise
hammer curl ( i switch between regular and cross body )
one arm preacher curl

@Gorillakiv83: I love your minimalistic approach. Nothing fancy with the diet, supplements or workouts and still incredible results. I think that’s what is needed for 99% people out there along with the perseverance & commitment that you showed.

Thanks for answering in such a detailed fashion.

Thanks and good luck!

[quote]ani wrote:
@Gorillakiv83: I love your minimalistic approach. Nothing fancy with the diet, supplements or workouts and still incredible results. I think that’s what is needed for 99% people out there along with the perseverance & commitment that you showed.

Thanks for answering in such a detailed fashion.

Thanks and good luck! [/quote]

thank you man. in my humble opinion, consistency is the most important thing.
if you are stubborn enough, you see results.

How tall are you? What is your goal for weight after you’re done with this lean phase? 80kg seems like a low goal unless you’re under 5’8.

I don’t know that this is the issue, but many people lack back development because their arms do all the work. And you look like you have good arms relative to your back.

I have the same problem for triceps taking over pushing movements.

Good improvement.

You just need to keep plugging away, and remember that this shit is a process that takes TIME.

…it was recommended earlier in the thread, but your lower back doesn’t reflect its implementation so I’ll bring it up again: You need to introduce heavy deadlifts or rack pulls into your life.

yesterday i took a new photo of my back double biceps.
this is how it looks like.

Steal an idea from a pro (not me, MightyStu). A separate day for traps would do you a lot of good. You’re rear delts look pretty good, but your traps are thin and your lats are narrow.

I’m in the same boat, so I’ve started working traps and delts on one day, and chest and back on another (focusing on lat width). For traps, I do weighted scap pullups, bent shrugs (head supported), and standing shrugs. On back day, I warm up with single arm lat pulls (focusing on trying to squeeze my elbow into my back pocket), then go to wide grip lat pulls, t-bar rows, and back to single arm lat pulls with a deep stretch between sets.

Another idea, if you don’t have room for a separate trap workout, you could do your back work rep-and-a-half style, with the “half” being the scapular motion only.

I’ll have to add those Romanian deads to my program. nice work.

hello folks

i just wanted to stop by to post my updated back double biceps photo.

[quote]Gorillakiv83 wrote:
hello folks

[/quote]

arms and shoulders look good, need more lat width though imo. Looking good though

try preacher and Arnold curls, like you I hold my fat in my arms but those two exercises helped me see more of a peak. good luck and don’t let it worry you, if you needed to hit that pose it would be at a show where your bf% would be so low youd definitely see definition and peaking

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

[quote]Gorillakiv83 wrote:
hello folks

[/quote]

arms and shoulders look good, need more lat width though imo. Looking good though
[/quote]

thanks man. actually when i hit rear lat spread pose my lats look pretty wide. i dont know why they seem narrow in back double biceps pose.