My Back Double Biceps Pose Sucks

[quote]Gorillakiv83 wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

i think my back is genetically soft[/quote]

lol… the things some people come up with[/quote]

jay cutler’s back double biceps was soft for years until 2005.
he was always in shape from 99 to 2005 but specifically that pose totally sucked.
why did it improve year after year?
he must have noticed and done something special right?[/quote]

TEH STERONZ

Im finally down to 80 kg and this is my latest back double biceps shot.

Im finally down to 80 kg and this is my latest back double biceps shot.[/quote]
Wait… If you had someone else holding the phone, taking the picture for you, why did they use the mirror?

Be proud of being a beginner. Its hard to stay motivated and keep on trucking when you dont have the track record a lot of these guys have. I know Im a beginner and look forward to a few years down the line when I have learned to listen to my body and actually be able to tell what works better etc. Wear it like a badge of honor bc everyone was once a beginner but not everyone gets past that.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Wait… If you had someone else holding the phone, taking the picture for you, why did they use the mirror?[/quote]

because the bathroom is too narrow for my wife to take the photo from that angle.

[quote]Sheed3K wrote:
Be proud of being a beginner. Its hard to stay motivated and keep on trucking when you dont have the track record a lot of these guys have. I know Im a beginner and look forward to a few years down the line when I have learned to listen to my body and actually be able to tell what works better etc. Wear it like a badge of honor bc everyone was once a beginner but not everyone gets past that. [/quote]

if thats you in the avatar, its humble of you to call yourself a beginner :slight_smile:

Thanks, that is me. My point is that there are tons of guys who have forgotten way more then either of us have ever known. If I wasnt a beginner I wouldn’t have been wasting my time over the last 10 years off and on doing ridiculous things at the gym. Because of this site I think I finally have started training properly and am on my way to where I KNOW I’m doing things right.

Once I reach what most would consider the barometers of strength (BW Press, 2.5 BW DL, 2x BW Squat, 1.5 BW Bench) then perhaps Ill be willing to shed the beginner label. My mindset is I dont know shit , be a sponge and learn more. If someone else has done it then Ill consider what they say.

[quote]Sheed3K wrote:
Thanks, that is me. My point is that there are tons of guys who have forgotten way more then either of us have ever known. If I wasnt a beginner I wouldn’t have been wasting my time over the last 10 years off and on doing ridiculous things at the gym. Because of this site I think I finally have started training properly and am on my way to where I KNOW I’m doing things right.

Once I reach what most would consider the barometers of strength (BW Press, 2.5 BW DL, 2x BW Squat, 1.5 BW Bench) then perhaps Ill be willing to shed the beginner label. My mindset is I dont know shit , be a sponge and learn more. If someone else has done it then Ill consider what they say. [/quote]

yes definitely i wasted my years with shitty nutrition. now im training and eating very good and i started to see great improvements. im leaner and bigger although im the lightest i’ve ever been. ( 80 kg )

yes definitely i wasted my years with shitty nutrition
[/quote]

we all did, mate. Once you get that shit dialled in the magic happens

Looking better already, keep going.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

we all did, mate. Once you get that shit dialled in the magic happens[/quote]

^^^ This this this! -lol

I made some of my best gains well into my years training, when I finally wisened up and started doing the footwork in terms of learning the nutrition and recovery side of things. Think about how many guys you’ve seen in the gym over the years, who despite their consistency in showing up and moving the weights, never seem to progress very far.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

^^^ This this this! -lol

I made some of my best gains well into my years training, when I finally wisened up and started doing the footwork in terms of learning the nutrition and recovery side of things. Think about how many guys you’ve seen in the gym over the years, who despite their consistency in showing up and moving the weights, never seem to progress very far.

S[/quote]

my problem was i was big but never lean.

no shape, ne definition. just mass.

when i first dropped below 100 kgs, i was afraid that people would think i wasnt lifting at all.

now im 80 kgs but i had never received that much compliment from the people around me.

so i understood that it doesnt matter how big you are. all that matters is how lean you are.

i also understood that you can never outtrain a shitty diet. great training + shitty nutrition doesnt work but mediocre training + great nutrition definitely works big time.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

^^^ This this this! -lol

S[/quote]

my problem was i was big but never lean.

no shape, ne definition. just mass.

when i first dropped below 100 kgs, i was afraid that people would think i wasnt lifting at all.

now im 80 kgs but i had never received that much compliment from the people around me.

so i understood that it doesnt matter how big you are. all that matters is how lean you are.

i also understood that you can never outtrain a shitty diet. great training + shitty nutrition doesnt work but mediocre training + great nutrition definitely works big time.
[/quote]

Who cares what people around you think. Train for whatever purpose makes you happy and see the big picture. If you lean out you may realize you dont like being so small.

Huge difference, making great progress, respect!

i think i made some improvements since i opened this thread.

oops wrong photo :slight_smile:

it still sucks

You got lean, dude. Good job. But you still don’t have any meat on there for it to look the way you want at your current bodyfat. As a natural lifter going the so-called MMC and “feel the squeeze” way (rather than piling on some weight and hitting deadlifts and heavy rack pulls) you’ll have to be really patient before you see some sizeable lumps and bumps all the time. For now, on some days your back will feel and look awesome other days it’ll look terrible.

Since you’re on a “lean kick” right now and since you’re impatient, why not buckle down and go all the way.- go ahead and drop some more fat and do a proper contest prep - you’ll see enough back detail. Then snap a dozen pictures on stage for posterity/instagram/T-Nation and bask in the forum praise for a few weeks. Get it out of your system.

ONCE you’re done with all that you can then make a conscious decision to add some meat - which is going to take a long ass time :slight_smile:

it still sucks[/quote]

[quote]jeremielemauvais wrote:
As a natural lifter going the so-called MMC and “feel the squeeze” way (rather than piling on some weight and hitting deadlifts and heavy rack pulls) you’ll have to be really patient before you see some sizeable lumps and bumps all the time.
[/quote]

Both heavy pulling and intensive bodybuilding work are useful for building an impressive back. The two are not mutually exclusive.

[quote]jeremielemauvais wrote:
You got lean, dude. Good job. But you still don’t have any meat on there for it to look the way you want at your current bodyfat. As a natural lifter going the so-called MMC and “feel the squeeze” way (rather than piling on some weight and hitting deadlifts and heavy rack pulls) you’ll have to be really patient before you see some sizeable lumps and bumps all the time. For now, on some days your back will feel and look awesome other days it’ll look terrible.

Since you’re on a “lean kick” right now and since you’re impatient, why not buckle down and go all the way.- go ahead and drop some more fat and do a proper contest prep - you’ll see enough back detail. Then snap a dozen pictures on stage for posterity/instagram/T-Nation and bask in the forum praise for a few weeks. Get it out of your system.

ONCE you’re done with all that you can then make a conscious decision to add some meat - which is going to take a long ass time :slight_smile:

it still sucks[/quote]
[/quote]

thank you.
i ve been focusing on romanian deadlifts for the last 2 months.
i expect some new thickness in my whole posterior chain.