My Baby Got Sauce

[quote]cholulalula wrote:

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]cholulalula wrote:
So, I’m kind of thinking of doing the Jan. 28 meet again…it works perfectly with my 5/3/1 schedule (coming off a de-load), and it’s right in town. I’ve gotten advice both ways in terms of doing it and not doing it, so I’m torn. Humdehum.
[/quote]

The state meet, eh? Why not? A first meet is nothing more than gaining experience. A baseline. There’s never a perfect time. And since it’s USAPL, be careful on your squat depth. A few of those at 190 would be red-lighted. USAPL is a very strict fed in terms of depth.

I hope you choose to do the meet and will avidly follow along. Wish I could have been more help in helping you find coaching in your area.[/quote]

Snap you have been a huge help…Following you along the years has been a huge inspiration to me and I think I owe a big part of my desire to compete to you. Thanks.[/quote]

I like to encourage and help other women get into the sport of competitive powerlifting because it’s done so much for me.

I wanted to link you to this guy’s meet video because I think it’s a good example of how strict the USAPL (in this case, IPF: the international federation that USAPL feeds into) can be in terms of squat depth and supporting the bar on the thighs in DL (what the lifter calls “hitching.”). Not all judges are so strict, but it’s best to be prepared.