My Apologies

In the “Draft” thread, I acted like a complete dumbass yesterday and into last night.

I want to apologize to soco for the hijack, and utter destruction of his thread.

I want to publicly apologize to Prof for anything that I might have said that would leave one with the impression that I have anything other than the utmost respect for those in the Armed Forces.

I apologize to everyone who has tried to contribute to the ‘Draft’ thread, but got caught in the crossfire of some just plain childish banter between croooz and I.

I apologize to crooz for leaving the impression that I think military personnel are murderers. I apologize for all the name calling.

I love debate - I love it when I talk out loud at the monitor in response to something that a liberal said. I like pissing folks off, as well.

But the name calling that ensued last night was not fun - it was just childish. I should be mature enough to take the high-road (whatever that means), but yesterday’s display made me look childish and petty.

Well, apology accepted. And, I apologize for being incredibly right all of the time and for being such a pleasure to read the words of. I know this can be hard some of you lesser humans…you know, being in the presence of the great and omnipotent me…but I am sure you will all get over it. Some Mr. T cereal will clear those inferiority issues right up. I swear, that shit is like Robitussin.

Wow, I’m great.

Seriously, we’re guys. We get over shit quick unless you happen to be a blatent racist or total dumbass. I only hold grudges with those. Everyone else I am sure I would be drinking a beer with by the afternoon if this were real life…and it just might be.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
But the name calling that ensued last night was not fun - it was just childish. I should be mature enough to take the high-road (whatever that means), but yesterday’s display made me look childish and petty.
[/quote]

Hey, rainman, someone hijacked your log in and is trying to make you look goo…ok, less bad. Better call the mods.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Well, apology accepted. And, I apologize for being incredibly right all of the time and for being such a pleasure to read the words of. I know this can be hard some of you lesser humans…you know, being in the presence of the great and omnipotent me…but I am sure you will all get over it.[/quote]

LOL

Rainjack,
You just haaaaaad to one up me on the whole apology thing. :wink: I’m sorry it denegrated into what it did and I’m at fault as well. It was really Jana and then my own wife who showed me the light. I truly believe men left to their own would just not survive for long.

I didn’t intend to demean your service but in my rage got waaaay off the mark and did more than just demean your service. I still don’t know what a DD201 is… :slight_smile:

If you’re ever down in DC send me a PM and I’ll buy you a beer & steak, unless your doing the Velocity diet…

POX wrote:

"Well, apology accepted. And, I apologize for being incredibly right all of the time and for being such a pleasure to read the words of. I know this can be hard some of you lesser humans…you know, being in the presence of the great and omnipotent me…but I am sure you will all get over it. Some Mr. T cereal will clear those inferiority issues right up. I swear, that shit is like Robitussin.

Wow, I’m great.

Seriously, we’re guys. We get over shit quick unless you happen to be a blatent racist or total dumbass. I only hold grudges with those. Everyone else I am sure I would be drinking a beer with by the afternoon if this were real life…and it just might be."

I’m not a big POX fan. However, this was one hell of a funny post.

JeffR

[quote]Croooz wrote:
Rainjack,
You just haaaaaad to one up me on the whole apology thing. :wink: I’m sorry it denegrated into what it did and I’m at fault as well. It was really Jana and then my own wife who showed me the light. I truly believe men left to their own would just not survive for long.

I didn’t intend to demean your service but in my rage got waaaay off the mark and did more than just demean your service. I still don’t know what a DD201 is… :slight_smile:

If you’re ever down in DC send me a PM and I’ll buy you a beer & steak, unless your doing the Velocity diet…[/quote]

shit im down in DC, northern VA, you can buy me a beer and steak any day of the week

My poor little thread I had such great plans for it too.

Frankly I don’t care. I have my opinions and while I can defend them, I think these threads end up being complete time wasters.

Hoosier,
Let’s trade insults then kiss & makeup and we’ll see about that steak. Thought you were in Indiana?

Damn Rainman, I’m flabergasted… an apology! Maybe I will see world peace one day. You were coming a bit unglued if you will, but I myself have certainly done it in the past. I thought maybe you were in a roid rage from your cycle! (JK)

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
Damn Rainman, I’m flabergasted… an apology! Maybe I will see world peace one day. You were coming a bit unglued if you will, but I myself have certainly done it in the past. I thought maybe you were in a roid rage from your cycle! (JK) [/quote]

Elk - my favorite gun-totin’ liberal!!

I haven’t started taking ‘medicine’ yet. This rage you speak of was a direct result of no sleep, too much Spike, and the ink used to print bank statements with.

It’s tax season, baby!!

Okay…I sense a group hug coming…where’s the exit? LOL

I agree with ZEB. Everyone hug their monitors tonight at exactly 6 P.M. mountain.

ok not really

Yeah that draft thread got way out of hand. I truly hope there were lessons learned from the way some of you all acted.

In the words of Ron Burgundy “Wow! that escelated quickly!!”

I mean damn, you were arguing over a fucking DD form for goodness sakes. I won’t speak for anyone else, but I feel that reading threads that turn into a bunch of chest beating and online bragetry is monotonous and extremely counter-productive.

I’m happy to see that fences are being mended and cooler heads are prevailing.

Oh, and Doc, your assistant is a rare breed in the enlisted side of things. Usually, if one scores high enough in his or her competencies and have some goals they want to achieve, a recruiter will generally work with them to find the best position available. If your assistant wants to work with people but doesn’t like blood, perhaps you should encourage her to find another field of work. (Dispersing, Admin, Appointments, Physical Therapy, Public Health, Epidemiology, Industrial Hygiene, no blood in those fields)

Write her a strong recommendation in order to expedite these wishes and wish her good luck. She’s not indentured to you, and if she can be better served doing something else then you’re in a position to help her along.

GAINER

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Well, apology accepted. And, I apologize for being incredibly right all of the time and for being such a pleasure to read the words of. I know this can be hard some of you lesser humans…you know, being in the presence of the great and omnipotent me…but I am sure you will all get over it. Some Mr. T cereal will clear those inferiority issues right up. I swear, that shit is like Robitussin.

Wow, I’m great.

Seriously, we’re guys. We get over shit quick unless you happen to be a blatent racist or total dumbass. I only hold grudges with those. Everyone else I am sure I would be drinking a beer with by the afternoon if this were real life…and it just might be.[/quote]

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again–I love Prof X!
…well, in a non-sexual, non-gay gee I think he’s funny kind of way.

I thought the only way lovin’ and monitors were connected around here concerned the Vegita/Xen Nova/Joe Weider pic threads…

I guess i’ll need to throw my hat in the ring too. I got way off topic. This was not the way i wanted to start off my first responce to threads. But on the bright side i did have my best workout in the 3 months i’ve been over here with all the anger that was generated.

[quote]Croooz wrote:
Hoosier,
Let’s trade insults then kiss & makeup and we’ll see about that steak. Thought you were in Indiana?[/quote]

I play football at IU, but I live in the Northern VA area, as does BostonBarrister…

oh, and you’re a piece of shit (i had to start somewhere!)

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Elkhntr1 wrote:
Damn Rainman, I’m flabergasted… an apology! Maybe I will see world peace one day. You were coming a bit unglued if you will, but I myself have certainly done it in the past. I thought maybe you were in a roid rage from your cycle! (JK)

Elk - my favorite gun-totin’ liberal!!

I haven’t started taking ‘medicine’ yet. This rage you speak of was a direct result of no sleep, too much Spike, and the ink used to print bank statements with.

It’s tax season, baby!![/quote]

Hell hath no fury, like an accountant during tax season…

and that av needs work, remember what I said about desecreting my happy place?