My Anti-Peta Hero

i was sure we had a we_hate_peta forum on here, but alas, i could not find it, so i posted here.

No, we don’t. Most people don’t enjoy condoning ignorance and stupidity. Although I believe peta is overzealous in much of their campaigns, I believe that something is lost to those who mock them outright. Heads up, I AM A FARMER. I lop animals heads of with cutlery on a semi-regular basis. I love to eat meat. While I don’t believe in going vegan, I do feel that factory farming is a pretty horrible tragedy.

Animals are kept in pens so small they can barely move, fed the cheapest feed they can possibly get, and injected with a medical cocktail to compensate for the atrocious conditions they live in. As a meat eater I have to think, " Why would I eat an animal that was sick for its entire life?" I think that if we as a species are going to continue consuming other animals, we should at least have the decency to let them have a decent life beforehand.

win!

om nom nom nom

[quote]Rock_Steady wrote:
i was sure we had a we_hate_peta forum on here, but alas, i could not find it, so i posted here.[/quote]

om nom nom nom. lol

Apart from the epic win, the look on that black dude’s eyes is priceless.

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:
No, we don’t. Most people don’t enjoy condoning ignorance and stupidity. Although I believe peta is overzealous in much of their campaigns, I believe that something is lost to those who mock them outright. Heads up, I AM A FARMER. I lop animals heads of with cutlery on a semi-regular basis. I love to eat meat. While I don’t believe in going vegan, I do feel that factory farming is a pretty horrible tragedy.

Animals are kept in pens so small they can barely move, fed the cheapest feed they can possibly get, and injected with a medical cocktail to compensate for the atrocious conditions they live in. As a meat eater I have to think, " Why would I eat an animal that was sick for its entire life?" I think that if we as a species are going to continue consuming other animals, we should at least have the decency to let them have a decent life beforehand. [/quote]

I agree. I raise cattle on my property. We make sure they always have plenty of good food and stress free lives. This is also an advantage because the meat comes out very tender. Also we make sure that there is enough natural vegetation for each animal to feed on…2 acres per cow. Plus the cows tend to be alot less skiddish around vehicles and people.

[quote]Paste42 wrote:
BrownTrout wrote:

Animals are kept in pens so small they can barely move, fed the cheapest feed they can possibly get, and injected with a medical cocktail to compensate for the atrocious conditions they live in. As a meat eater I have to think, " Why would I eat an animal that was sick for its entire life?" I think that if we as a species are going to continue consuming other animals, we should at least have the decency to let them have a decent life beforehand.

I agree. I raise cattle on my property. We make sure they always have plenty of good food and stress free lives. This is also an advantage because the meat comes out very tender. Also we make sure that there is enough natural vegetation for each animal to feed on…2 acres per cow. Plus the cows tend to be alot less skiddish around vehicles and people.[/quote]

Going to ahead and agree with both you guys. I obviously eat animals every single day (with joy,) but the techniques aforementioned and conditions that a lot of the animals are raised in are pretty pathetic - Because it saves the company such an amount per month. I’m no PETA member by a far shot, but I think there’s ethics involved with animals - IMO. KFC is a big perputrator, too…

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:

Animals are kept in pens so small they can barely move, fed the cheapest feed they can possibly get, and injected with a medical cocktail to compensate for the atrocious conditions they live in. As a meat eater I have to think, " Why would I eat an animal that was sick for its entire life?" I think that if we as a species are going to continue consuming other animals, we should at least have the decency to let them have a decent life beforehand. [/quote]

You know you’re right but PETA just takes it too far. They have let a pro animal group warp into an anti human, liberal nut case group. They want to have fishing banned because it’s stressfull for the fish. Hunting would be illegal if it were up to PETA. They would also rather save all the poor dogs that were killed in Katrina instead of saving the hundreds of people that needed to be saved first. PETA is a Wacko liberal group that lives with their heads in the clouds, and I cant say that I agree with one thing they stand for.

Maybe someone should creat a group for the ethical treatment of animals raised for human consumption. I could get behind that cause because it would mean healthier meat for me. It might be more expensive meat but that’s ok I guess. As long as it’s not a government mandated thing. If people want healthy meat then capitalism will provide healthy meat. Right now the masses are saying give me cheap unhealthy meat and that’s what we have.

[quote]Brett295 wrote:
BrownTrout wrote:

You know you’re right but PETA just takes it too far. They have let a pro animal group warp into an anti human, liberal nut case group. They want to have fishing banned because it’s stressfull for the fish. Hunting would be illegal if it were up to PETA. They would also rather save all the poor dogs that were killed in Katrina instead of saving the hundreds of people that needed to be saved first. PETA is a Wacko liberal group that lives with their heads in the clouds, and I cant say that I agree with one thing they stand for.

Maybe someone should creat a group for the ethical treatment of animals raised for human consumption. I could get behind that cause because it would mean healthier meat for me. It might be more expensive meat but that’s ok I guess. As long as it’s not a government mandated thing. If people want healthy meat then capitalism will provide healthy meat. Right now the masses are saying give me cheap unhealthy meat and that’s what we have. [/quote]

its still funny

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:
I think that if we as a species are going to continue consuming other animals, we should at least have the decency to let them have a decent life beforehand. [/quote]

Agree. This reinforces our humanness.

Conversely, PETA has ruined their own initial good intentions with an outlandish public persona. Sometimes the pendulum needs to make radical swings to alter public opinion, but not at the expense of intelligence and practicality.

[quote]Rock_Steady wrote:

its still funny[/quote]

Yes it is. I won’t argue with that.

As a card carrying member of PETA I would like to take this time to discuss our TRUE mission statement; not the one perpetrated by misleading articles.

We believe that as humans evolve our relationship with those animals we share this Earth with will evolve also. We will slowly become telekinetic brethren and communicate on a much deeper level with them than we are able to with our human brothers.

As this bond intensifies so will our feelings for out four legged (and some times two legged) friends. We will be able to hold sea kittens in our arms as gingerly and affectionately as we would our own offspring.

We believe this is the next evolutionary step towards a greater being. We believe once out genetics become mixed with those of our animal brethren we will have the intellect to achieve interplanetary space travel and to find ways to resurrect our fallen and extinct comrades, the dinosaur.

We will, then, proceed to furnish those extinct love-puppies with laser helmets and missile-equipped back packs for the event of interplanetary conquest with alien beings who do not share in our vision of the ethical treatment of animals and they will be forced to succumb to our will…

And now you know … and knowing is half the battle!

[quote]polo77j wrote:
As a card carrying member of PETA I would like to take this time to discuss our TRUE mission statement; not the one perpetrated by misleading articles.

We believe that as humans evolve our relationship with those animals we share this Earth with will evolve also. We will slowly become telekinetic brethren and communicate on a much deeper level with them than we are able to with our human brothers.

As this bond intensifies so will our feelings for out four legged (and some times two legged) friends. We will be able to hold sea kittens in our arms as gingerly and affectionately as we would our own offspring.

We believe this is the next evolutionary step towards a greater being. We believe once out genetics become mixed with those of our animal brethren we will have the intellect to achieve interplanetary space travel and to find ways to resurrect our fallen and extinct comrades, the dinosaur.

We will, then, proceed to furnish those extinct love-puppies with laser helmets and missile-equipped back packs for the event of interplanetary conquest with alien beings who do not share in our vision of the ethical treatment of animals and they will be forced to succumb to our will…

And now you know … and knowing is half the battle![/quote]

I really shouldn’t have taken a drink of water while reading that. Oh man…

[quote]Shavit wrote:
Apart from the epic win, the look on that black dude’s eyes is priceless.[/quote]

I see him saying “Doooooooooood???”

Farmers do you sell your livestock? if so to who?

[quote]polo77j wrote:

This sounds like a great idea for an episode of South Park.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
As a card carrying member of PETA I suck goat balls![/quote]

ANIMALS GOT RIGHTS!!!

(To being tasty!!! on nom nom nom!!!)

[quote]polo77j wrote:
…to find ways to resurrect our fallen and extinct comrades, the dinosaur.

Gentlemen…I give you Peta’s plan for world domination.

[quote]BrownTrout wrote:

This is why I only eat organic meat. Getting the organic certification in Australia is really hard, and so I know I’m not getting some factory farmed cruelty (in Australia organic produce has requirements for the wellbeing of the animals)