My Anabolic Diet

Thanks a lot Mlettier! I’ve worked hard the past 5 months, and I think it’s finally starting to show! I was thinking the same thing for the Surge on low carb days. My only concern are the incidental carbs that are in nuts, natural PB (I need this on my low carb days), green veggies, etc. My incident carbs usually come in around 10-12g. Maybe I’ll try it for a week and see how I do on 40g carbs during low carb.

On the workout front, I’m not going to do cardio on Sat or Sun, but what about Monday after the carb-up? I’ve seen mixed opinions on this.

in my experience, at 5 months into the diet my body was able to handle 50g of carbs per day EASY (this includes incidental carbs). i found that as i progressed further into the diet, the more carbs my body could metabolize at a faster rate.

what i’m trying to say is that at 1 month into the diet i was not be able to handle 50g of carbs per day like i can now (13 months in). i recently started to use a midweek carb load on wednesday nights and so far it has had no negative effect on my bf%.

However, on the low carb weekdays that i do not train, i significantly lower my carb intake to at most 30g … sometimes only trace carbs from protein shakes (around 12-15g). I believe that this cyclic effect really helps rev your metabolism and others who follow the same methods would probably agree.

I personally don’t see a problem with cardio on Monday. it’s dumb to say that if your trying to lose bodyfat to stop doing cardio so the crap you ate over the weekend can metabolize at a slower rate … doesn’t make sense to me. If you were trying to put on weight the OBV it would be another story.

i hope this helps !! and i can only give you advice fom my personal experience - everyone reacts differently to different compounds but i’m sure you’ll figure out what’s best for you. you’re certainly on the right track !

Had my first carb up this weekend. I think it went well other than gorging myself at the Italian Feast at my aunt’s house! I didn’t look like I had spilled over prior to the meal and I trained back (thickness workout) & hams this morning.

Trained quads and calves last night. My strength was way up last night. Did 3 plates on each side of the leg press for 3x12, which was a good increase for me.

The only other non clean carbs I had were Southwest Chicken Tacos at On the Border (with some chips & queso too) yesterday afternoon and a personal pizza BBQ chicken pizza from CA Pizza Kitchen (66g carbs, 27g fat).

Had plenty at the feast, but that was the end of the carb up. Back on AD now and I’m actually happy about that! Very cool to see the veins in my hands and wrists popping out!

I did try the 2 scoops of Surge postworkout last night, but I couldn’t finish it. So today I had the 1 scoop of Surge and 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive.

That worked much better and will be my PW meal during my carb up weekends. I think during the week I’ll do 1/2 scoop Surge and 1.5 scoops Metabolic Drive PW when low carb.

Tomorrow AM will be shoulders, abs, and 20 mins HITT.

Back…trying to get it back to what is was in my avatar :slight_smile:

Trying to get my 2 pack to show up, but it didn’t work. Will use this for comparison over the next few weeks.