my amerika

from Yahoo: ORANGE CITY, Fla. - A mob of shoppers rushing for a sale on DVD players trampled the first woman in line and knocked her unconscious as they scrambled for the shelves at a Wal-Mart Supercenter.

Wow, what can one say when faced with stupidity of such a degree.

Just thankful I haven’t been to a Walmart for years, nor will I go.

“I made a trip to Walmart to check in with my Amerika. There they were. Mulleted and super-wide, staggering down the aisles” - Henry Rollins

Much has been written about “mob psychology”. That is a good example of the pack racing to purchase something before someone else.

When I read things like this I always try to reflect on my own behavior and guard against such things.

The article stated that the trampled woman was trying to get a $29 DVD player. It also said Wal-Mart was kind enough to place one on HOLD for her. DAMN!! They can’t give her a damn $29 DVD player as a token? After all, they do bear some responsibility for this as owners of the store.

If Wal-mart gave it to her they would be admitting some fault, and then her lawyers would crucify them.

Kuri:

You’re implying this is capitalism, and not human nature. In Communist Russia, they used to line up not for $29 DVDs, but for toilet paper. They would have rioted, but then they would have been shot or shipped out to the gulag – or maybe starved to death as an ethnic group if Stalin’s policies still held.

People, in general, suck. A person can be grand, wonderful, caring, great, etc. – but people suck.

Rush song from “Roll the Bones” talks a lot about this. “We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost.”

Sad.

That would only happen at a Walmart. Try that same gig at Macy’s and you have a different story. Try $299 perfume or something.

this K-mart story is just a reflection of us:

We want it quick, cheap and now…and fuck you for being in my way, you bastard! But, have a nice day, and Happy Holidays!

Wait…did I just post that?

Oh well, y’all know what I mean. Then again, maybe the crowd was all hyped up on that MAG-10 stuff. Better call the senators to ban it. Too dangerous, that supplement!