T Nation

My abs hurt like a mofo!

Figured I'd try some weighted situps on a slight incline to strengthen the 'ol midsection yesterday. Took a 35lb plate and held it behind my head. Man that shit actually FEELS like it works! Could only do 10 reps, 10 reps, and 7 reps on the last set. Today they are the most sore they have ever been.
Have tried tirelessly to do ab work before with less than mediocre results using high reps and such and never felt soreness like this before.
Good stuff.

i know what ya mean my calves were the same last week....
i find it odd that people (in general) tend to do high rep abs but low rep stuff on movts like bench press. abs are still a muscle groups, sure somewhat different to others but that have got to be hit hard!

I hear ya, I did CT's Ab Training for Athletes and Babehounds (original version) for the first time a couple days ago and it just destroyed my abs. I have never followed a program for abs, and based on the soreness, I have never worked them hard enough in the past.

OK,
Today I could hardly sit up to get out of bed I'm so damn sore! All this after only (3) sets. I know part of it is due to lack of training the muscles but this exercise does work!