T Nation

My 5/3/1 Program Including Accessory Lifts

Hello, I have decided to chose this 5/3/1 program and I chose the accessory’s from the book which I like and benefit me the most.
Back Exercises superset with Rear Delts, Joker Sets ONLY done if I feel like I can do plenty more but won’t be done very often.
Cardio Will be done on rogue dog sled (6-8 Sets) 3 Times a week
Squat = 100KG, OHP = 60KG, Bench = 95KG, Deadlift = 140KG
Warm Up Sets – 40% X5, 50% X5, 60% X3
Monday - Squat – 5/3/1, Lunges – 5X8, RDL – 5X10
Wednesday – Bench – 5/3/1, Weighted Dip (5X10), Cable Row – 5X10
Friday – Deadlift – 5/3/1, Squats – 5X10, Leg Press – 5X10
Saturday – OHP – 5/3/1, DB Press – (1X15), Smith Incline – (4X12), Chins – 5X10

Could anyone tell me if this is fine as I just want to make sure before I start to run it and then find out its over training or I’m doing the program wrong

Looks good.

One question. Why the Smith Incline for 4 sets but only 1 set of dumbbell press on Saturday? Personally I would drop the Smith machine and just do all the push assistance with the DB press. I think that would give you more bang for your buck.

But if you have something particular in mind for your goal your probably good either way. Its more of a personal preference thing.

Continuing[quote=“nogearoridea, post:1, topic:240608, full:true”]
Hello, I have decided to chose this 5/3/1 program and I chose the accessory’s from the book which I like and benefit me the most.
Back Exercises superset with Rear Delts, Joker Sets ONLY done if I feel like I can do plenty more but won’t be done very often.
Cardio Will be done on rogue dog sled (6-8 Sets) 3 Times a week
Squat = 100KG, OHP = 60KG, Bench = 95KG, Deadlift = 140KG
Warm Up Sets – 40% X5, 50% X5, 60% X3
Monday - Squat – 5/3/1, Lunges – 5X8, RDL – 5X10
Wednesday – Bench – 5/3/1, Weighted Dip (5X10), Cable Row – 5X10
Friday – Deadlift – 5/3/1, Squats – 5X10, Leg Press – 5X10
Saturday – OHP – 5/3/1, DB Press – (1X15), Smith Incline – (4X12), Chins – 5X10

Could anyone tell me if this is fine as I just want to make sure before I start to run it and then find out its over training or I’m doing the program wrong
[/quote]

the discussion from My 5/3/1 Program Including Accessory Lifts:

It mainly because I’d rather train Chest more and I did the shoulder workout today with the 5X10 DB press and its left my right shoulder really aching also the incline press partly works front delts as well.

Fair enough. Looks good. Get to lifting.

1 Like