Friday: Shoulder/Leg

• Shoulder Press
  • Arnold Press
  • Dumbbell Lateral Raises
  • Squats
  • Dumbbell Lunges
  • Calf Raises

any advice for above?

and should I use 3x12 for all exercises or 12-10-8 reps (more weight in next set) then superset with 8-12 reps? or you suggest what I should use?

What are your goals? How long have you been training? Assuming you are trying to gain mass and are a beginner, why are you doing things like floor presses when you aren't even doing regular bench presses? Also, not to be a prick, but how do you do incline floor presses?

Here's a couple of additional comments:
1. Move big compound exercises like squats and deadlifts to the beginning of the workout.
2. Stick with something like 5x5. It would get you bigger and stronger.
3. Ditch the supersets. It is not necessary to get into advanced techniques when the basics are all you need.

Also, not to be a prick, but how do you do incline floor presses?

x2

And yes, stick with 5x5's and with squats, deads, bench, cleans... you will gain size in no time, assuming thats what your shooting for.

iwong: My goal is to have lean muscle, just nice like model. Not like bodybuilder. I'm doing at home with pair of 20kg dumbbells. Incline floor press, I lean against sofa by 45 degree and my shoulder rest on sofa. I heard 8-12 reps will provide mass size so I use it. Or I should use 5x5? I just want to have lean muscle.

bmbweber: Incline floor press, I lean against sofa by 45 degree and my shoulder rest on sofa. Will try 5x5 later.

How long have you been doing the current routine you listed? What gains have you had on this program? Are the gains you are getting in line with your goals?

I know we all like free internet advice but sometimes self assessment is the best answer. None of us know you personally we can only make assumptions based on what you tell us.

You should keep a training log if you haven't already. Also take photos or body measurements every two weeks. Track bodyweight and your waist. Also keep some sort of record of your food intake, (at the very least track total kcal and protein). Use this personal and detailed information that you record to assess how good your program is.

For all we know you could have picked out the perfect program for yourself (though unlikely). Only you can tell if a program is working or not. You have to put in the time experimenting and learning from yourself. Absorb information from the internet if you have to but all the information in the world is useless unless you self-assess.

And remember don't change your routine so often. Don't just change from 8-12 reps to 5x5 the next day on a whim. You have to pick a routine and try it out for at least 4 weeks. After 4 weeks you should be able to tell from all the detailed personal information whether or not the routine is providing you with the results you want.

Also no routine will give you ripped abs and 40lbs of muscle in 4 weeks so have realistic goals. If the routine is giving you good results after 4 weeks then continue for another 4 weeks and then SELF-ASSESS again.

If you stop getting results then you need to look at you personal information and try and figure out what part is going wrong. Here are some simple self-assessment guidelines:
-----If you are not gaining weight then you are not eating enough.
-----If you are gaining weight but also gaining lots of inches on your waist then you are not training hard enough, you might also be eating too much.*
-----If your waist has gotten too big (ref: http://phatstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/height-waist-chart.jpg ) then go on a cutting phase.**

*If you think you are eating too much be careful because you need keep kcals high to gain muscle. So you could try keeping the kcal the same but changing the macro nutrient breakdown to less carbs more protein, no need to go low carb but just take off Xg of carbs and add Xg of protein so there is no loss in kcal (you decide X based on your personal detailed information).
**Add in Cardiovascular training such as HIIT. Restrict calories but try to keep protein intake high. Try and make the cutting phase short and brutal so you can get back to gaining muscle.

If you learn how to self-assess then you are made for life.

Also join a freaking gym or invest some serious money on a home gym. Get a part-time job if you don't have the money. You are wasting your time otherwise. 20kg dumbbells at home, jeez.

I just started this routine last Monday. Before this routine, I had been using full body workout 3 times per week. I gained abit muscle, not so much. Like my bicep increased from 12 inch to 13.4 inch for 1.5 month. I haven't check weight yet. I heard training each muscle part once per week is the most recommended, so I use this routine.