My 2 Day Workout Program

Hi!I’m 16 years old, height 1.74 weight 69kg.I started to lift weights a year ago.
my workout program is
A. 1)squat 2)flat bench press 3)deadlift 4)calf raises
B. 1)incline bench press 2)chin up 3)up-right row 4)bench press close grip 5)bicep dumbell curl

2 set warm up
4x10-8-6-15
in the 4 set I decrease the weight and I if do 10-15 reps then to the next workout I increase the weight.
I have a 2 day split because I don’t have so much time to exercise three days a week.

[quote]Leo18 wrote:
Hi!I’m 16 years old, height 1.74 weight 69kg.I started to lift weights a year ago.
my workout program is
B. 1)incline bench press 2)chin up 3)up-right row 4)bench press close grip 5)bicep dumbell curl

2 set warm up
4x10-8-6-15
in the 4 set I decrease the weight and I if do 10-15 reps then to the next workout I increase the weight.
I have a 2 day split because I don’t have so much time to exercise three days a week.[/quote]

I think this is better exercise selection:
A. 1)squat 2)incline bench press 3)deadlift 4)calf raises
B. 1) military or push press 2)chin up 3)bent row 4)dips (or CGBP if you prefer) 5)bicep dumbell curl

do core work (ab wheel roll-outs, whatever) at both sessions.

Beginner forum ?

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Leo18 wrote:
my workout program is

2 set warm up
4x10-8-6-15
I have a 2 day split because I don’t have so much time to exercise three days a week.

B. 1) military or push press 2)chin up 3)bent row 4)dips (or CGBP if you prefer) 5)bicep dumbell curl

do core work (ab wheel roll-outs, whatever) at both sessions.[/quote]

ok.is this a program only for strength?

What’re your goals?

[quote]Leo18 wrote:
trextacy wrote:
Leo18 wrote:
my workout program is

2 set warm up
4x10-8-6-15

do core work (ab wheel roll-outs, whatever) at both sessions.

ok.is this a program only for strength?
[/quote]

No, it’s just better balanced than what you had b/c you had 3 bench movements and nothing for shoulders except upright rows (which i personally am not a fan of for injury reasons, but in any event some sort of overhead press would be better).

The cleans will also hit shoulders/traps/lower back along w/ some legs–just better bang for your buck with limited time. High pulls is another option. I just don’t like upright rows.

The strength/size has more to do w/ your set/rep scheme and how much you eat. based on what you said for sets/reps, i suspect you will get stronger and add size (assuming you eat enough). of course, this isn’t an ideal set up but for 2 days it’s not bad. If you can add in some bodyweight squats, core work and push ups at home on your off days (say, 100 reps of each total) you would get in some additional volume/stimulation and improve conditioning. again, since you are only in the gym twice i don’t think that is a bad idea at all (usually wouldn’t recommend that but hey, it’s more work).

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
What’re your goals?[/quote]

gain muscle.

Like trextacy said, when looking for size gains you alter your rep/set schemes more than the exercises themselves. You’re already doing the basics (squat, deadlift, bench) so you are on the right path. As long as you have an intense workout you should see an improvement; make sure the weights are heavy enough. Rest and eat plenty and you’ll see gains in size and strength.

Starting Strength

what about that?
A:chest-shoulders-triceps
B:legs-back-biceps

A:1)flat bench presses 2)overhead presses 3)dips 4)french presses or overhead tricep extensions

B:1)squat or deadlift 2)pull up 3)calf raises or hyperextensions 4)bicep curls
2 set warm up reps 12,10
I may use super set with 8-12 reps

anyone?

My suggestion is that if your main goal is to gain muscle and you don’t want any glaring weaknesses in your physique in the future, that you pick a 4 + day split.

Any of them.

Back/Bi’s, Chest/Tri’s, Shoulders, Legs.

Shoulders, Chest/Bi’s, Legs, Back, Tri’s.

Back, Chest, Legs, Arms, Shoulders.

etc. etc.

Or you could pick the OTS BBB program which many like, there is a thread on the main page.

Or C_C 's modified Yates split which I don’t know where that is actually but I’m sure someone could post it up.

Any of these are better than the one you have now.

ok thanks for the answer but I don’t have so much time to do a three day workout.

[quote]Leo18 wrote:
ok thanks for the answer but I don’t have so much time to do a three day workout.[/quote]

That is some schedule you’ve got where you can’t spare 1-2 more hours a WEEK.

[quote]Leo18 wrote:
ok thanks for the answer but I don’t have so much time to do a three day workout.[/quote]

Then don’t ask for advice in a bodybuilding forum. You want to build muscle, put the time in.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
Leo18 wrote:
ok thanks for the answer but I don’t have so much time to do a three day workout.

Then don’t ask for advice in a bodybuilding forum. You want to build muscle, put the time in. [/quote]

do you think that is’nt possible to build muscle with a 2 day program?

[quote]Leo18 wrote:
sam_sneed wrote:
Leo18 wrote:

Then don’t ask for advice in a bodybuilding forum. You want to build muscle, put the time in.

do you think that is’nt possible to build muscle with a 2 day program?[/quote]

Not the amount of muscle people on this forum are striving for. Some muscle? Sure I’ll give you that. It’s possible. But don’t be offended when people on a forum who make training a priority and find the time to get to the gym react negatively to guys who expect to get huge working out twice a week.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Leo18 wrote:

That is some schedule you’ve got where you can’t spare 1-2 more hours a WEEK.[/quote]

x2. You’re 16, how do you not have more time?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Leo18 wrote:

x2. You’re 16, how do you not have more time?[/quote]

Laziness?

I would take that back n the very rare (and commendable) event this kid is a dedicated bookworm actually takes a shitload of hard classes in HS or is already part of a school team (.ie. b-ball or football)… or that he lives in the middle of nowhere, a farm or something, far away from a gym, or he’s taking care of a sick person or something, or he has a pregnant girlfriend…

… or some other real life shit that takes time away from training.

Otherwise, for a 16 year old kid not having time to train a few more hours a week? Yep, laziness.

[quote]elnyka wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Leo18 wrote:

x2. You’re 16, how do you not have more time?

Laziness?

I would take that back n the very rare (and commendable) event this kid is a dedicated bookworm actually takes a shitload of hard classes in HS or is already part of a school team (.ie. b-ball or football)… or that he lives in the middle of nowhere, a farm or something, far away from a gym, or he’s taking care of a sick person or something, or he has a pregnant girlfriend…

… or some other real life shit that takes time away from training.

Otherwise, for a 16 year old kid not having time to train a few more hours a week? Yep, laziness.[/quote]

ok you can call me lazy or whatever you want.you have no idea about the educational system in my country.moreover, I want to have good grades.because of the school I don’t have so much spare time.I din’t say that I want to get huge like sam sneed said with a 2 day program.I just want to build mass.