T Nation

My 2 Day Per Week Full Body Plan

I want to get in and out of the weights room in 45 mins and hit the exercises HARD. I find 2 days per week fine for me as I like lots of recovery time but also love full body. One min rest between sets. I am not doing them circuit, I do 3 sets of ten on one exercise and then move to the other. I cycle between exercise order for balance, so I’m not doing legs or chest last every session.

I am doing a lot of cardio as my aim is fat loss plus lean muscle. Plus I really love my cardio, I enjoy it as much as I do lifting.

Workout A

BACK - chins

Chest - flat bench

Shoulders - arnold press

Legs - leg press and calf press

Workout B

Back - bent over b’bell rows

Chest - incline bench press

Shoulders - millitary b’bell press - plus lateral d’bell raises (lateral delts my weak part so want more volume for these only)

Legs - (no squat rack at gym and my legs are already my best part, have visible teardrop and decent calves with good definition. I am an ectomorph whose shoulders are almost same width as waist) - leg extensions / ham curls / calf press

All 3 x 10.

Here is my weekly set up

Mon - workout A

Tues - 45 min steady state cardio - elliptical machine plus 3 x failiure decline sit ups, side to side for ABS.

Wed 30 mins HIIT run or swim, incuding 5 min warm up and five min warm down so only 20 mins HIIT.

Thurs - Workout B.

Fri - 45 min steady state cardio, elliptical or run.

Sat. REST DAY.

Sun. HIIT cardio or rest depending on energy levels.

Repeat.

Let’s assume my diet is good, 1g protien per pound of bodyweight and clean diet etc. I really just want to know if my exercise selection is good and my rep ranges, for a returnee who has been outof the gym for two years.

I am willing to consider one additional exercise for bi’s and tris, perhaps 3 x 10 b’bell curls on workout A and 3 x 10 cable push downs or tri dips on Workout B. I am not the type of body where ’ guns take care of themselves imho.

I am willing to drop to 3 x 8 also. I am also willing to consider a rest day after Workout A, steady cardio and abs, HIIT cardio.

I could do this.

Mon - Workout A
Tues - steady cardio and abs
Wed - HIIT cardio
Thurs - Rest.
Fri - Workout B
Sat - steady state cardio and abs
Sun - HIIT cardio
Mon - rest.
Tues - Workout A

etc.

My goals - to lose fat and gain lean muscle. Not looking for huge size, jst good body sculpting with slow but steady progression in my lifts.

Cheers all.

If you want to do full body, I would recommend 3x a week. And add a little more volume. 4 exerciese 2x a week is very very little volume for each bodypart. Add in some direct arm work. the fact that you think your legs are your best part just because you have a little definition makes me think you are very small and honestly pretty naive.

If the HIIT involves sprints, you probably have plenty of volume for your legs. Still, basically hitting each bodypart with 2 exercises PER WEEK is extremely low.

[quote]fisch wrote:
If you want to do full body, I would recommend 3x a week. And add a little more volume. 4 exerciese 2x a week is very very little volume for each bodypart. Add in some direct arm work. the fact that you think your legs are your best part just because you have a little definition makes me think you are very small and honestly pretty naive.

If the HIIT involves sprints, you probably have plenty of volume for your legs. Still, basically hitting each bodypart with 2 exercises PER WEEK is extremely low.[/quote]

Really. How about beginner prgrames that reccomend 3 times a week

A.

Bench
row
squat

B.

Mil press
Deads
chins

A.

etc?

They only hit each body part 3 times a week and some ‘experts’ say it’s even a good A/B workout for twice a week as opposed to ABA / BAB etc 3x a week.’