My 1000th Deadlift Form Check Thread

Hi friends! I haven’t done this in a while so it’s time for me to start questioning/hating everything about my deadlift form again …:sweat_smile:

I hate deficit deadlifts so here I am doing them and assuming they suck… (?)
Any feedback would be lovely
Unless it’s super mean then in which case keep it to yourself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

A little hard to tell if anything odd is happening since the plates cover you for the majority of the concentric.

Back angle looks fine, I see nothing obviously wrong with the start of your pull. Does the back angle look similar when you pull from the floor?

I think I start the same from the floor here’s a paused deadlift if I attached the link properly. I don’t usually post from my phone.

I don’t know why my form looks so absurd to me maybe I’m just bad at deficits :sweat_smile:

Yeah maybe I should stop doing deficits my butt looks like a torpedo or something

It launches off? In all seriousness though I don’t know what your analogy means

I think you’re worrying too much about your form. If you are recovering in a reasonable amount of time, nothing hurts excessively, and weight is progressing, your form is great.

2 Likes

The only problem I see is dragging the bar down your thighs just to drop it at the knee. You should “ideally” go down the same way you go up. Your form looks fine though and as long as it feels good, keep going.

1 Like

Oh ya look at that. Should I go down all the way faster or all the way slower lol

Try and lower it controlled obviously, but don’t focus on bar speed on the way down really. Just stay tight and controlled.

1 Like