Mutant Mass - Anyone Tried It?

Was thinking about ordering up a bag of Mutant Mass Weight Gainer… has anyone tried it? If you have what did you think about the product. Would you recommend it? if not do you have another recommendation?

Thanks!

I havn’t tried that product before.

But have you ever tried making your own?

I’ve just started buying whey+maltrodextrin and mixing them up, in whatever macroratio you’d like.

It’s alot cheaper this way as well. Found a place where you can get 20kg of whey for 250ish$ which seems pretty nice… (It’s tasteless though, which I don’t mind, as I after a while, get a pukeinducing feeling, after a while with the same taste)

with a name like that, it must be good

As far as weight gain powders go which I generally tend to avoid - this QUITE as horrific as your average sugar laden and sawdust quality protein “weight gainer”. I would always advise real food items over liquid nutrition… but if one were to take this product… I would suggest halving the serving size and timing it for morning or after training. You can always up the serving size to 75% or the full 100% as the weeks go by.

What are peoples thoughts by the way on using supplements like these for athletes who have very high G-flux? Weight gainers are generally frowned upon but if one is getting through in excess of say 6000 calories a day and doesnt have access to large amounts of money… would this be such a bad food choice?

///////////////////////

PVL Mutant Mass Nutritional Information:

Serving Size - 4 scoops (260g). Servings Per Container - 26

PVL Mutant Mass Amount Per Serving:

Total Calories: 1050

Protein: 52g

Total Carbohydrates: 170g

Sugars: 29g

Dietary Fiber: 5g

Fat: 18g

Saturates: 3g

Trans Fat: 0g

Cholesterol: 60mg

Sodium: 360mg

Potassium: 1400mg

PVL Mutant Mass Ingredients:

Clean-Carb Pre-Blend (Vextrago Brand high molecular weight carbohydrate (Mw 1,000,000 - 1,200,000 from Barley Starch), Maltodextrin, Levulose, Corn Solids, Inulin (from Chicory), Soy Fiber, Wheat Fiber), Iso-Stack 10 Protein Matrix Pre-Blend (Multi Whey Blend CFM-92 and ISO-95 Whey Protein Isolates, WPC 85 and WPC 80 Whey Protein Concentrates, Whey 80P (Peptides), Milk Protein Isolate, Miceller Casein, Calcium Caseinate, Fat Free Eggplete, Egg White and Fat Free Egg Yolk Protein Isolates), Lipotherm Pre-Blend (MCT from Fractionated Coconut Oil), CLA from Sunflower Oil, Flax Seed Oil Powder, Borage Oil Powder) Intrasorb-5 Calorie Uptake Pre-Blend (Bio-immune Colostrum (High Immunoglobulin, Lactoferrin, EGF, IGF-1 & IGF-2), Insu-Drive Complex (Alpha Lipoic Acid, D-Pinitol, Inositol & 4-Hydroxyisoleucine), Vanillin, Natural Flavours, Sucralose, Soy Lecithin.

This entry was

Or you could just spend that money on real food. You could buy a lot of peanut butter and whole milk with that money.

I wouldnt recomend that stuff its got alot of sugar and other stuff that isnt ideal.If you have super fast metabolism and are an ectomorph than give it a shot but still i wouldnt recomend it.

If I were you, I’d save my money, head down to the store, then purchase some eggs, chocolate milk, and peanut butter. Then I’d go home, throw that stuff in a blender with a couple scoops of protein and pound it down.

I’m curious, what does the average natty peanutbutter cost in the states?

In Denmark, you’ll get one jar of 3-400ish grams for 5-7$…

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

In Denmark, you’ll get one jar of 3-400ish grams for 5-7$… [/quote]

same as regular

I started taking MM a month or so after I started lifting. Helped me put on around 20lbs. However, I also had a very high metabolism and was scrawny. I had been a distance runner through high school and been scrawny my whole life. I’ve always ate a lot, started drinking loads of milk and eating more once I began lifting but took this stuff too. So yeah, helped me put on weight, but I wouldn’t take it again. Sticking to real food.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
asusvenus wrote:

In Denmark, you’ll get one jar of 3-400ish grams for 5-7$…

same as regular[/quote]

And how much would that be?