Must Reads for Beginners!

Amazing articles, excellent read and fulfils a great knowlege gap for begginers. I need a training program now, but most importantly i think a good exmaple of a clean diet is needed.

Awesome, thanks.

great site, great threads. Full of information and heated opinions i love it. Cant wait to contribute and learn.

I wish I had stumbled upon this thread with the different beginner article links all in one place a few months back when I first started to get serious about training. It’s very helpful and informative.

Good articles. I’d recommend these over Rippetoe’s book and workout in many cases.

Thanks. I’m glad to have someone just come out and say all this. I wont look as much like a fool at the gym.

Thanks for all these reads. Good information for starting

OMG The Best thing you can do for a Beginner is teach them how to create a basic workout routine for them selves! I had the most troubles figuring that part out. I thought my friend the personal trainer new what he was talking about and I figure something was wrong so I took 3 days of reading on this site and finally found what I was looking for.

There it is Read it ALL!

How to Design a Damn Good Program - Part 1
How to Design a Damn Good Program - Part 2

Great articles.I have not worked out for 5 yrs and getting ready to start again.I use to live in the gym but I quit because of personal.So now at 54 Im heading back.

[quote]sugarbnr wrote:
awesome articles!! nutrition for newbies is really good too.[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more - found this site by accident last August, lurked around a bit and found Nutrition for Newbies, applied the principles contained therein; six months later, I’m down 30-plus lbs BF! Go Thibs!

Great stuff.

Here is a question: I want to get in shape and look great physically, but currently I am unemployed and have no money, so going to the gym is out of the questions. How do I remedy this problem and do what needs to be done?

Hi TC
My name is Kobus,
I have recently joint a Biogenetics gym because of a problem in my back that is at times extremely painful, but since I have joint this gym things have been going better. But I need to lose tummy baby fat.

I go to the gym 3 times per week my program is designed to strengthen not to build. I have split my program so that I can spent more time on quality exercises I am trying to go every day but find my self only frustrated because of fatigue and pain. Because of this medical problem I am only allowed to do certain exercises.

For my tummy I use the abs sculptor doing 30 crunches one leg straight two sets each, and Mackenzie crunches and Romans chair.

Is there any other advice on diets and supplements?
Thanks

[quote]SMSnake057 wrote:
Here is a question: I want to get in shape and look great physically, but currently I am unemployed and have no money, so going to the gym is out of the questions. How do I remedy this problem and do what needs to be done? [/quote]

Try to Work partime job at the gym, you will workout free!!!

gotta thank you guys, setting me on my way to a whole new body.

awesome post man!!! I most definitely needed this article!

-Peace,except on the Iron.

Incredibly useful. That addresses several questions I put off asking, because I figured they had already been answered somewhere. Many thanks!

Cheers for these articles, definitely very helpful and learnt from them even after almost 2 years experience in the gym.

I just read the fist newbie article. … Riddick is looking good these days eh?

I strongly recommend this being added to the list or at least stickied.