Must Read for New People

Not to be mean, harsh etc but there are some things that are just really old.

1. There are a million threads on whey protein asking and answering any question you can think of. Go to “search” narrow it down to “posts” and search for “whey protein”.

2. No, fish oil is not all created equal. Biotest has the hest DHA/EPA concentration which is what you want. The CLA is an added bonus. Fish oil is THE joint supplement. Everyone in the entire world will benefit SOME way by taking fish oil.

3. Creatine Monohydrate is the most researched and proven sports supplement in history. Micronized simply means the powder is finer and thus improving mixability. Creatine Monohydrate is all you need…no other “special isomer bonding molecules”

4. NO2 in any form is virtually useless. PERIOD.

5. If you have just recently started training just get some whey and fish oil. They are the two most basic supplements there are. Learn why you need them and use them.

6. Don’t ask “Is this a good stack for my goals?” If you had taken the time to read up on the supplement you would know whether or not it was a good stack for your goals.

7. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT: Supplements will be useless (READ: USELESS!!!) for you if you don’t have a proper DIET.

Good post and so true.

just one question GetSwole, when do i drink my Surge shake? lol

haha, preferably before bed, poured over ice cream. If your bulking of course.

And rest.

So I’m not the only one who has noticed the upsurge of newbie questions since new years. Good post.

1. Post workout drink is SURGE for cutting or bulking. If you can not afford it…something with comparable ingredients.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
8. Post workout drink is SURGE for cutting or bulking. If you can not afford it…something with comparable ingredients. [/quote]

If people cannot afford it, they need to re-calculate their PWO prices.

I recently checked out a source of mine for hydrolized whey, and it works out to over $40/kg. Even with the extreme shipping and customs prices here to the UK, Surge it still more or less a good option for a PWO drink.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
So I’m not the only one who has noticed the upsurge of newbie questions since new years. Good post.[/quote]

no, you are definitely not the only one. I don’t mind the influx of “newbs.” what I do mind, however, is that they expect things to be spoon fed to them. I don’t like that. most, if not all, of us here have researched and studied to gain the knowledge we have. it wasn’t handed to us, we had to look for it and find it.

we have things called “search engines” and on this site specifically, a great search feature. I suggest people use it.

Don’t overcomplicate things.

Eat 5 times a day

Protein with every meal

Protein Sources: Lean red meat, chicken, turkey, shrimp, tuna, salmon, other fishes, cottage cheese, etc.

Fat Sources: fish oil, various (raw) nuts, NATURAL peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil, nut oils, coconut oil, flax seed, etc.

Carb sources: Fruits, veggies, quinoa, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, etc.

The most important factor in making progress is

1. training intensity and progression in weights

2. diet

3. rest/recovery

4. training routine

5. supplements

Just some basic shit…

But kalle…theres so many calories in fats. Why would you suggest eat them. ;}

[quote]Kalle wrote:

1. diet

2. training intensity and progression in weights

3. rest/recovery

4. training routine

5. supplements

Just some basic shit…
[/quote]

Fixed that for ya. :wink:

GetSwole i was joking around man… you yanks eh hehe! new years always sprouts people who want to get fit so noob Q’s are prime are they not!!!

oh and why do i need protein! lol…

lol this thread is gonna get modowned!!!

I was joking too you silly Brit.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Kalle wrote:

1. diet

2. training intensity and progression in weights

3. rest/recovery

4. training routine

5. supplements

Just some basic shit…

Fixed that for ya. ;)[/quote]

If your goal is fat loss, yes, if it is strength gains than swap 1 and 2.

1. When asking what your body fat is, post a picture holding a shoe.
  1. When asking for advice, go to Beginners. NOT, Post a Picture of a Bicep and go “Huge?” and Most Muscular saying “I know i am small. BUT.”

Just one thing that has to be said.

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
So I’m not the only one who has noticed the upsurge of newbie questions since new years. Good post.

no, you are definitely not the only one. I don’t mind the influx of “newbs.” what I do mind, however, is that they expect things to be spoon fed to them. I don’t like that. most, if not all, of us here have researched and studied to gain the knowledge we have. it wasn’t handed to us, we had to look for it and find it.

we have things called “search engines” and on this site specifically, a great search feature. I suggest people use it.[/quote]

Lately they don’t even need to do a search, they could just scroll down half a page and find the exact same question.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
9. When asking what your body fat is, post a picture holding a shoe.[/quote]

brilliant… i remember that thread! lol… oh and getswole, i didnt read your post properly! Surge b4 bed… oh man hello BULK!!!