Music

What type of music do you guys listen to while in the gym. I’m running out of some pumping music.

Scroll down a bit further.

HK pop is my favorite. nah just kidding, I put the DMX music service on the Alt rock or Metal channel at the gym. They play music that is great to ok, with most of the songs being pretty good.

After a few years of being harassed in gym with music suitable for grannies and not working out, I finally took things in my hands and ordered MP3 player that will hopefully be here by Tuesday. And then… unleash hell… Slipknot, Metallica, Anal Cunt, Dying Fetus, Pantera, Pig Destroyer, Prodigy, Chemical brothers, Disturbed, Static X, Fear Factory, American Head Charge, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, hardcore/gabba techno… bring it on, baby!

Soft, emotional ballads.

Pet shop boys? Boy George? Right said Fred? Army of lovers? Queen? Sorry, couldn’t resist, won’t anymore… :wink:

some good old Kurt Cobain angst ridden anthem rock does it for me…

As the days go by, I seem to lower my gym music standards. Sinatra-like music is usual stuff in my gym,and I can’t forget that time when I did weighted dips, with “You’ll be a woman soon” in the background. Lately, Barry White is very popular in my gym. Balads? Always on my bench day. I brougth my own Rammstein cassete, but when they play it,the volume has to be turned very very low, because the owner of the gym,a drunk btw, along with his fat wife,shouldn’t be disturbed.Poor baby.
So, for now,I’ll settle for everything which is fast and loud.

PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK PUNK

Actually, I would be able to workout listening to Sinatra. Sinatra was a great guy and
I usually get all worked up just listening to My way. Barry White is cool as hell too! However,“You’ll be a woman soon” is where I draw the line. Today I had to do 3x1RMs
(part of Poliquin influenced 1-6 training) on the flat bench listening to Celine Dion. Beat that!

Trance and 80’s Heavy Metal such as Iron Madien, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeath, Anthrax ect…

Anything by Rob Zombie

‘MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat’ Slayer, Mudvain, Scarface.

I can’t believe this shit. I was informed this morning that Interalpina, Croatian affiliation of FedEx, lost my package! Tomorrow I have back/bis workout and I will have to listen to Titanic soundtrack again. I will go crazy… yes, I will…

Axy, do you actually listen to that music in the lifting room? I did an experiment a while ago where I played Slayer “God Hates Us All” and deadlifted 350. The next week I played Hewy Louis and the News “If this is it” and I almost died with 330. The titanic soundtrack! I would immediately start to cry and turn into an emotional sensitive pussy!

Defex, I’ve recently become a big fan of punk for my workouts. I was wondering if you could recommend me some bands.

Yes, I am actually listening to that music because unline sea lions, I can’t just “shut down” my ears. :wink: However, my workouts suffer because of that crap, and when I finally decided to get MP3 player, they managed to lose it. I am more than just pissed off.

System of a Down.

I guess i’ve got a little different taste than most on this thread but I go in a different direction to get pumped for my workouts. I’ll usually start out with some DMX or Redman on the way to the gym to get me started and then once I get to there the song “Bad Boys” by Shyne gets me into the zone where I just get totally focused on what I came to do. I know it’s not fast paced and doesn’t get me as pumped as some of the other stuff I listen to but it gives me the attitude I need to put in as much work as I want to. After I get into my workout the music varies between something like Nas or Method Man. “Bring the Pain” is a good workout song along with “Time for sum action” by Redman.

80’s HEAVY METAL, IRON MAIDEN!!! RULES while lifting…