Music To Lift To

[quote]CestMoi wrote:
No-one in for some serious techno/house during lifting? [/quote]

Techno, modern rock and some classic rock. Some surf guitar (can you say Miserlou?).

I don’t listen to anything slow, and I turn it up loud, but I don’t listen to heavy metal because there isn’t enough ebb and flow to the intensity of the music. I don’t stay psyched up for the whole workout, so I don’t see the point in playing heavy metal the whole time.

[quote]I AM wrote:
All you guys sound like screamo crazy asses. Not me, man. Maybe it’s because I’m younger. Off the top of my head, Story of the Year’s Until the Day I Die makes me feel like rippin heads off, and for some reason, every song on Puddle of Mudd’s Life on Display gets me amped. I always get PR’s listening to them. Incubus’ Pardon Me…Evanessence’s Bring Me to Life…and Taking Back Sunday’s entire Where You Want To Be album. [/quote]

Oh my…

It must be becuase you’re younger. Dig deeper Young Padawan (Homage to opening day)

The bands that you enjoy were influenced, I say again influenced by poppy little punk bands like Blink 182, Green Day, Unwritten Law, Lit, Zebrahead etc… Very Orange County

Find the bands that influenced the bands you listed and you will find the true meaning of what you’re listening too.

“Everything sucks, I hate my mom, I’m in love with a girl who doesn’t love me back because I have skin-tight black jeans and too many patches and safety pins on my hoody…”

Pretty pathetic.

If you want Anarchy, bedlum, take no prisoners music to lift to, then start your journey in Hell with a little bit of Slayer, then, roll on over to Iowa… You know, Slipnots second album, then proceed down south to pick up some Pantera, hop the red-eye to San Fran for some bitchin sea-food and early Metallica, take highway 1 down to LA (before they have to “learn to swim”) and grab everything Tool and Rage Against the Machine, then “Go Away” to Boston and snag some Godsmack…

That should get you started.

But, hey what the hell do I know. You could say “fuck you I won’t do what you tell me” and disregard everything I say.

GAINER

[quote]lees wrote:
Can people not think for themselves…listen to what you want and what gets you pumped for your workouts. If you need someone to pick your music you might as well ask them how much weight you should lift…better yet get them to hold it for you while you fix your hair.[/quote]

lol…I am a mindless drone!
Relax dude, I was looking for some suggestions…

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. There’s a lot of heavy, heavy metal being recommended, but I tend to shy away from overtly death-themed music. A general rule is that if I can’t make out any of the lyrics because they’re screaming too hard, I can’t mess with it.

I’m glad some mentioned Godsmack, Rage, and DMX – they definitely work me up a bit. I have a ton of older hip hop that will surely make the cut as well…Mobb Deep, Wu solo albums, Cypress Hill, House of Pain, B.I.G.

Also, some Nirvana, Chili Peppers, Guns and Roses and (one of my favorite “kick-ass” songs) Limp Bizkit’s Break Stuff.

[quote]I AM wrote:
All you guys sound like screamo crazy asses. Not me, man. Maybe it’s because I’m younger. Off the top of my head, Story of the Year’s Until the Day I Die makes me feel like rippin heads off, and for some reason, every song on Puddle of Mudd’s Life on Display gets me amped. I always get PR’s listening to them. Incubus’ Pardon Me…Evanessence’s Bring Me to Life…and Taking Back Sunday’s entire Where You Want To Be album. [/quote]

Elevationgain, good roadmap. AM, were going to the gym to lift not to yoga class.

[quote]iatguy wrote:

Children of Bodom last one was Hatecrew Deathroll, not bad.
[/quote]

cool thanks, i’ll check it out.

also chrismcl: Download Verdi’s Requiem-Dies irae (its only 2 minutes long, but if you get a good version its awesome)

[quote]stronglink57 wrote:
Stuff I put on my playlist… this sh*t makes my cardio peak like none other.

Dope- Burn
Dope- Die Motherf*#&*er Die
Devildriver- Meet The Wretched
Fear Factory
Lamb of God- 11th Hour
Marilyn Manson- The Fight Song
Motograter
Mudvayne- Dig
Mushroomhead- Before I Die
Pantera- Walk
Rammstein
Rob Zombie/ White Zombie
ANYTHING Slipknot
Static-x (Wisconsin Death Trip is the most hardcore album)
System of a Down
V-Shape Mind- Monsters

[/quote]

solid list…missing one serious ingredient DEFTONES BABY…and im sorry but noone gives chevelle any credit “forfeit” makes me salivate under the bench

I tend to listen to Rob Zombie, Korn, Metallica, AC/DC, or anything that’s pretty hard. Just heard this song by Korn called “Got the Life”. I recommend you check that song out. It’s fucking awesome. RLTW

rangertab75

static x also is pretty good

red man

ghost face killah

also check out dipset/diplomats

-juelz santana
-cam’ron
-jim jones

They have some overtly themed gangsta violent shit. Which works for me :stuck_out_tongue: