Music Suggestions

My friend is a guitar teacher and one kid told him he liked heavy metal, so my friend was psyched and was like “what bands?” And the kids like “fallout boy and imagine dragons”

1 Like

This is how I know we’ve failed as a society…:frowning:

1 Like

Lol, wut?

hey I’ve had teenage girls tell me they listen to heavy metal because they listen to a day to remember or pierce the veil. I’m not one of those metal elietists however those two are clearly not metal, ATDR is pop with post-hardcore elements and pierce the veil is post hardcore. Post hardcore is derived from hardcore punk… not heavy metal

Anyhow I’m adding more sub-genres of heavy metal yeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Groove metal

Doom metal

Industrial metal

Nu-Metal (nu metal is absolute shit in my opinion and shouldn’t even be associated as metal but we knew it’d have to be covered because apparently some people consider it metal, I’ll put in the least terrible nu metal songs but I still dislike them all)

Nu-metalcore (actually don’t mind SOME of this, as in one song, and I’ll link the one song of this genre I don’t mind)

Note the extremely downtuned guitars

Pop-metal (once again I don’t think this counts but whatever, apparently too some people it does)

Christian hardcore/metal (otherwise known as white hardcore, black metal is usually characterised by it’s anti religious/ satanic lyrics and overall bleak atmosphere, white metal is typically pro religion, I don’t like pro religious metal, because I’m not pro religion, however every individual is different however I’m covering all genres)

With Shaking Hands - "Sons And Daughters" Official Music Video - YouTube (Christian hardcore)

August Burns Red - "Meddler" - YouTube (Christian metalcore)

symphonic death metal

Hard rock/ heavy metal hybrid

more later

2 Likes

I moved back to the 70’s a few years ago and am really digging the music. I have a “disco” playlist I set up when everything else gets old.

I like fluxcore and metalcore. They’re as hot and heavy as it gets.

Lake Street Dive popped up on my YouTube feed. I clicked for the hot chick then I surfed their music endlessly for their awesomeness.

Children of Bodom does the best covers.

I can’t figure out why children of Bodom would cover Britney Spears, either they have a wicked sense of humour or idk they must be crazy. COB is one of my favorite bands

Might be out of your alley, but ‘Bled for days’ by Static X and ‘Thunder Kiss 65’ by White Zombie are pretty good

I have been listening to the soundtracks from the animated Batman movies.

It makes me feel like that I am training to became the Batman.

tweet

2 Likes

Not sure if a recommendation or warning but Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day fame has released an album of cover songs. I have read glowing endorsements such as “it’s hard to make these songs sound bad”, Billie has given a good attempt though:

My general opinion is if you are an ordinary singer and just passable at your instrument, stay away from covers, no matter how good your band members are.

EDIT: pretty good thread ressurection but it seems the latest most generic music thread lol

I can’t quite tell from your post - do you consider Billie Joe Armstrong to be an ordinary singer and just passable at his instrument?

Yes but I think he writes well for himself/his band.