Music for School Weightroom

A “clean” group that I love lifting to is linkin park, they have a few good heavy songs. Most everything else I listen to has to much profanity to listen at school

[quote]StonesAreFun wrote:
As a metalhead myself (fuck what anyone else says about your music choices, find shit you can bang your head to), I’ve recently been big into Amon Amarth. Maybe a little more death than your kids are gonna be used to, but there’s no profanity. Maybe some Sabaton while you’re at it (Attero Dominatus never fails to get me ready to go.)[/quote]

“Let the world hear these words once more
Save us O Lord from the Wrath of the Norsemen!”

Amon Amarth are ideal to lift to.

Of course because they have songs about killing the Irish Christians “Gods of War Arise”, his school will probably say no to that one too.

Dr Dre
Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
2pac
Biggie Smalls
Some Eminem
Sticky Fingaz
Onyx
The Streets
Soundbombing Part 1 and 2.
Snoop Dogg
Geto Boys
Wu Tang
Dmx
J-Dilla
Public Enemy

All That Remains - Fall of Ideals (album) and It Dies Today if you like prototypical new metal, namely synthesizer style double bass.

j-dilla…public enemy…snoop dogg? that shit gets you amped up dude?

[quote]Valentinius wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

Punk:
the clash
Dead kennedys
The sex pistols
black flag
so many more here

That is a fantastic punk list! I can’t believe you listed Europe though and I’m not a big Nugent fan, and you left out The Who, but hey, to each his own…props on the punk list my friend. Cheap Trick has good energy too. And if you like rap - Eminem, 50 cent and others could probably recommend more. I’m trying to stick with good gym music since Beck, Phish, Fugaze and Fatboy Slim aren’t the best for training. Social D and Von Bondies would be good to though.

Peace,

Mousse

I kinda skimped on the punk becuase I kinda doubted people would awnt to listen to most other then the clash anyways.
to keep on going:
crass
the misfits
circlejerks
I don’t have my ipod with me am I missing others?

Yeah…that is a horrible punk list. Except maybe Black Flag. TSOL, Reagan Youth,
[/quote]

Totally forgot about those two. I also like agnostic front

I also forgot iron maiden, I’m a dipshit.

[quote]Valentinius wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

Punk:
the clash
Dead kennedys
The sex pistols
black flag
so many more here

That is a fantastic punk list! I can’t believe you listed Europe though and I’m not a big Nugent fan, and you left out The Who, but hey, to each his own…props on the punk list my friend. Cheap Trick has good energy too. And if you like rap - Eminem, 50 cent and others could probably recommend more. I’m trying to stick with good gym music since Beck, Phish, Fugaze and Fatboy Slim aren’t the best for training. Social D and Von Bondies would be good to though.

Peace,

Mousse

I kinda skimped on the punk becuase I kinda doubted people would awnt to listen to most other then the clash anyways.
to keep on going:
crass
the misfits
circlejerks
I don’t have my ipod with me am I missing others?

Yeah…that is a horrible punk list. Except maybe Black Flag. Real Punk is not acceptable for school.
Check out G.G. Allin, older MeatMen, Naked Raygun, TSOL, CruciFucks, Reagan Youth, Revolting Cocks, Germs, etc. for some low-fi pissed off music.

[/quote]

Did you just say the clash, the sex pistols, and the dead kennedys aren’t punk. The scene would have died way sooner then it did without those band, if it ever even would have taken off.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

[/quote]

If i’m in the mood and they’re the right songs. But I normally mix it with some Audioslave, RATM, Metallica, Prodigy and QOTSA.

You guys are getting into a pissing match about who’s got better punk taste and no one’s mentioned Bad Religion? For shame…

[quote]Shire wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

If i’m in the mood and they’re the right songs. But I normally mix it with some Audioslave, RATM, Metallica, Prodigy and QOTSA.[/quote]

I have no idea who j-dilla is bc I don’t listen to rap anymore - not saying it’s bad, I like all kinds but I do find it unlikely that you would be able to piece together a pair of songs from either Snoop or Public Enemy that dood can play in his high school weight room :wink:

I hate rap, so I’m on par with most of you guys.

I think I’ve noticed that Disturbed might be some of the best workout music there is.
All That Remains.
Killswitch Engage.
My favorite band ever is Protest The Hero.
AC/DC.
Led Zeppelin.
Metallica.
Rage Against The Machine.

Those are some of the best workout related bands I could suggest, but really, anything you like works well.

[quote]Mousse wrote:
Shire wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

If i’m in the mood and they’re the right songs. But I normally mix it with some Audioslave, RATM, Metallica, Prodigy and QOTSA.

I have no idea who j-dilla is bc I don’t listen to rap anymore - not saying it’s bad, I like all kinds but I do find it unlikely that you would be able to piece together a pair of songs from either Snoop or Public Enemy that dood can play in his high school weight room ;)[/quote]

Haha you have a point. J-Dilla was a dj(he died last year I think) who did a lot of work on Kanye West and many other successful artists albums. He’s well worth listening to, he uses a lot of 60s/70s soul in his sampling.

Blenh…denh denh denh denh bah…denh dah

Out in the streeeets
That’s where we’ll meet
You take the night
We always cross the line

Beahr dearh dearh leh bamn

Round and Round
Well love will find a way just give it time

C’mon ! Give it up for RATT !

bastards…

Meshuggah and In Flames are awesome, as are lacuna coil and lamb of god. In flames can best be described as viking metal :P.

If you’re into something a little lighter and more prog I can highly recommend Cog and porcupine tree.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Blenh…denh denh denh denh bah…denh dah

Out in the streeeets
That’s where we’ll meet
You take the night
We always cross the line

Beahr dearh dearh leh bamn

Round and Round
Well love will find a way just give it time

C’mon ! Give it up for RATT !

bastards…[/quote]

There was a time when I thought they were way cool…junior

[quote]drenelin wrote:
Meshuggah and In Flames are awesome, as are lacuna coil and lamb of god. In flames can best be described as viking metal :P.

[/quote]

In Flames are anything but Viking metal. They’re Death Metal-Metalcore.

Bands like Ensiferum, Tyr, Turisas and Amon Amarth are considered Viking Metal because of their lyrical content.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:

In Flames are anything but Viking metal. They’re Death Metal-Metalcore.

…[/quote]

Where do these labels come from?

As being a club head. I listen to house tec-house and tec-trance. 130 bpm. Just keeps that driving force running. Also a good time keeper for rests between sets if you have a good enough ear.

[quote]Mousse wrote:
Shire wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

I have no idea who j-dilla is bc I don’t listen to rap anymore - not saying it’s bad, I like all kinds but I do find it unlikely that you would be able to piece together a pair of songs from either Snoop or Public Enemy that dood can play in his high school weight room ;)[/quote]

j dilla is a hip-hop producer who died recently. hes like every backpacker psuedo lyricist’s favorite producer and he makes pretty laid back beats…unless he produced “raise it up” by Blackmoon
the only type of rap (and i say “rap” purposely) is the high tempo crunk songs or the high tempo Harlem style Dipset songs. Santana’s town, Ya Dig, Get Em Girls/2, Riot Pump etc

Rammstein