Music for School Weightroom

I’m trying to put together a CD of stuff for school weight room.

Looking mostly for faster paced hard rock/ metal stuff.
Trying to keep the profanity to a lesser extent, f-bombs mostly.
I realize the f-bomb fits the genre but there’s some cleaner stuff that’s still solid.
So far I’ve come up with:

Diecast
Metallica
Godsmack
Dragonforce
POD
Drowning Pool
RATM
AC/DC
Korn
The Offspring
System of a Down

Anything specific you guys suggest? Any specific tracks.

I’m always looking for good small label bands, and I’ve sure I’ve missed some obvious big label stuff.

I usually mix in a fair bit of rap into my stuff, if it’s heavy that’s cool, but coaches would rather rock instead of rap.

Heck, anything I’m missing, some non-American stuff maybe?
I’m a music addict, and don’t like to kill the same tracks over and over while training.

I found Diecast from one of Cressey’s articles and they are one of my favorites now, so I’m sure there’s a lot more out there to enjoy.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO to every band on that list. (with the exception of Metallica 1981-1987).

Step out of the mainstream and listen to some extreme metal that’s NOT on the radio for a change.

"I’m always looking for good small label bands, and I’ve sure I’ve missed some obvious big label stuff. "

Yeah, I was asking for some other stuff.

All of my chill music is non-mainstream and I hate to listen to the radio.

Suggestions?

rock/glamish:
queen
europe
quiet riot
zeppelin
george thorogood
velvet revolver
skynyrd
ted nugent
blue oyster cultbe easiest to find

Punk:
the clash
Dead kennedys
The sex pistols
black flag
so many more here

Metal of no particular genre:
Metallica
megadeth
anthrax
slayer (the less evil songs)
becoming the rchetype
between the buried and me
dark tranquility
god forbid
war of ages
pantera and all of it’s spinoff bands ie DP, SJR

It’s gonna be reletively difficult to find school appropriate death/black metal.

Hatebreed-Live For This
All That Remains-The Air That I Breathe
Five Finger Death Punch-White Knuckles
As I Lay Dying-Forever
Slipknot-The Blister Exists

RATT !

It’s a band…

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO to every band on that list. (with the exception of Metallica 1981-1987).

Step out of the mainstream and listen to some extreme metal that’s NOT on the radio for a change.[/quote]

There’s extreme metal on the radio? You country hicks in Oklahoma have all the luck…

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
rock/glamish:
queen
europe
quiet riot
zeppelin
george thorogood
velvet revolver
skynyrd
ted nugent

Punk:
the clash
Dead kennedys
The sex pistols
black flag
so many more here

Metallica
megadeth
anthrax
becoming the rchetype
dark tranquility
god forbid
war of ages

It’s gonna be reletively difficult to find school appropriate death/black metal.[/quote]

That is a fantastic punk list! I can’t believe you listed Europe though and I’m not a big Nugent fan, and you left out The Who, but hey, to each his own…props on the punk list my friend. Cheap Trick has good energy too. And if you like rap - Eminem, 50 cent and others could probably recommend more. I’m trying to stick with good gym music since Beck, Phish, Fugaze and Fatboy Slim aren’t the best for training. Social D and Von Bondies would be good to though.

Personally, I would feel naked without Pearl Jam and Soundgarden on my ipod. I guaran GD tee a daily dose of Outshined in the weight room would be much appreciated.

Peace,

Mousse

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

There’s extreme metal on the radio? You country hicks in Oklahoma have all the luck…[/quote]

Well, I’m sorry we can’t all be smug and listen to our chart busting, current music such as Limp Bizkit, Creed and CrazyTown like you snobs from Shittsburg can.

You cannot go wrong with Killswitch Engage.

[quote]Mousse wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
rock/glamish:
queen
europe
quiet riot
zeppelin
george thorogood
velvet revolver
skynyrd
ted nugent

Punk:
the clash
Dead kennedys
The sex pistols
black flag
so many more here

Metallica
megadeth
anthrax
becoming the rchetype
dark tranquility
god forbid
war of ages

It’s gonna be reletively difficult to find school appropriate death/black metal.

That is a fantastic punk list! I can’t believe you listed Europe though and I’m not a big Nugent fan, and you left out The Who, but hey, to each his own…props on the punk list my friend. Cheap Trick has good energy too. And if you like rap - Eminem, 50 cent and others could probably recommend more. I’m trying to stick with good gym music since Beck, Phish, Fugaze and Fatboy Slim aren’t the best for training. Social D and Von Bondies would be good to though.

Personally, I would feel naked without Pearl Jam and Soundgarden on my ipod. I guaran GD tee a daily dose of Outshined in the weight room would be much appreciated.

Peace,

Mousse[/quote]

I kinda skimped on the punk becuase I kinda doubted people would awnt to listen to most other then the clash anyways.
to keep on going:
crass
the misfits
circlejerks
I don’t have my ipod with me am I missing others?

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Steel Nation wrote:

There’s extreme metal on the radio? You country hicks in Oklahoma have all the luck…

Well, I’m sorry we can’t all be smug and listen to our chart busting, current music such as Limp Bizkit, Creed and CrazyTown like you snobs from Shittsburg can.[/quote]

that shit was like 5+ years ago. and i agree with steel nation on living arrangements, steelers ftw

becoming the rchetype
[/quote]

fuck yea, you have got to be the only other person ive ever seen who has heard of this band. unblack metal at it’s finest…

You can’t say no to AC/DC, gates. Come on buddy.

Iced Earth–Night of the Stormrider (album), other assorted songs

iron maiden–not extreme, but awesome

I can’t workout to half this shit man.

Subtract Metal + Add Gangster Rap and Jock Jams.

Were not allowed to listen to Hardcore anything. Our school says its a bad influence on us all. Were pretty much force to listen to Elevator music…and Michael Bolton.

Punk:
the clash
Dead kennedys
The sex pistols
black flag
so many more here

Peace,

Mousse

I kinda skimped on the punk becuase I kinda doubted people would awnt to listen to most other then the clash anyways.
to keep on going:
crass
the misfits
circlejerks
I don’t have my ipod with me am I missing others?[/quote]

Yeah…that is a horrible punk list. Except maybe Black Flag. Real Punk is not acceptable for school.
Check out G.G. Allin, older MeatMen, Naked Raygun, TSOL, CruciFucks, Reagan Youth, Revolting Cocks, Germs, etc. for some low-fi pissed off music.

As a metalhead myself (fuck what anyone else says about your music choices, find shit you can bang your head to), I’ve recently been big into Amon Amarth. Maybe a little more death than your kids are gonna be used to, but there’s no profanity. Maybe some Sabaton while you’re at it (Attero Dominatus never fails to get me ready to go.)

Mousse wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
rock/glamish:
queen
europe
quiet riot
zeppelin
george thorogood
velvet revolver
skynyrd
ted nugent

Punk:
the clash
Dead kennedys
The sex pistols
black flag
so many more here

Metallica
megadeth
anthrax
becoming the rchetype
dark tranquility
god forbid
war of ages

Peace,

Mousse

to keep on going:
crass
the misfits
circlejerks
I don’t have my ipod with me am I missing others?[/quote]

Nah, nice work man…well, Ramones come to mind, that would be a worthy add.

Also, (not punk) Queens of the Stone Age would work.