Musharraf: A True Hero!!!

"Musharraf: The Tolstoy of the Zulus

If Republicans end up with a divided convention between Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani, I say we pick Gen. Pervez Musharraf.

Musharraf has declared emergency rule in Pakistan, shut down the media and sent Supreme Court justices home. What’s not to like about a guy who orders policemen to beat up lawyers? I bet he has a good plan on illegal immigration, too.

The entire history of Pakistan is this: There are lots of crazy people living there, they have nuclear weapons, and any Pakistani leader who prevents the crazies from getting the nukes is George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison all rolled into one."

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=23430

Later in the column:

“Weeks later, The New York Times editorial page called on “masses of Pakistanis” to participate in “peaceful demonstrations” against Musharraf, which would be like calling on masses of Pakistanis to engage in daily bathing (The New York Times editorial page being the most effective way to communicate with the Pakistani masses). Most of the editorial was a mash note to that troublesome woman Benazir Bhutto for demanding democracy in the land of the deranged.”

You serious? The past month all I have been thinking is how much of a badass Bhutto is.

mike

Hmm, I’m not sure on Pakistan. On one hand we have a dictator trying to stay in power in an effort to prevent the mad mullahs seizing control of yet another muslim country. On the other hand we have a democratically elected woman (didn’t she get disgraced for massive fraud or somthing?) who is potentially too weak to stand up to the mullahs but is not a dictator.

Then we have the mad mullahs who want to kill everyone who isn’t mad enough/has a lovely long beard/is a soap-dodger. Could a democratic Pakistan stand up to these mad mullahs, or rather is the prescence of a dictator like Musharraf just making support for mullahs stronger?

I’m just glad I don’t live in a majority muslim country. They all seem to turn into either military dictatorships or islamic fundamentalist regimes run under sharia law.

[quote] Joe wrote:
On one hand we have a dictator trying to stay in power in an effort to prevent the mad mullahs seizing control of yet another muslim country. [/quote]

That’s quite narrow-minded of you, Joe. You are missing the big picture.

The dictator is trying to stay in power in an effort to prevent the people of Pakistan from having a say in how their country is run. It’s nice and all that he’s opposing the fundamentalists, but that is no reason to justify supporting the thug.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
You serious? The past month all I have been thinking is how much of a badass Bhutto is.

mike[/quote]

But she is really a crook.

[quote] Joe wrote:
Hmm, I’m not sure on Pakistan. On one hand we have a dictator trying to stay in power in an effort to prevent the mad mullahs seizing control of yet another muslim country. On the other hand we have a democratically elected woman (didn’t she get disgraced for massive fraud or somthing?) who is potentially too weak to stand up to the mullahs but is not a dictator.

Then we have the mad mullahs who want to kill everyone who isn’t mad enough/has a lovely long beard/is a soap-dodger. Could a democratic Pakistan stand up to these mad mullahs, or rather is the prescence of a dictator like Musharraf just making support for mullahs stronger?

I’m just glad I don’t live in a majority muslim country. They all seem to turn into either military dictatorships or islamic fundamentalist regimes run under sharia law.[/quote]

That sums it up well.

Pay no mind to lixy. He roots for the mad mullahs.

I guess it’s a sign that they’ve embraced American-style democracy when their only choice is between the lesser of two evils.

Sorry to go off topic but is the website Headhunter linked to satirical/tongue-in-cheek?
This topic of discussion is very interesting, I was having a chat to the Pakistani guys at work about it. The general consensus was that, whilst they would all vote for Bhutto, they preferred Musharraf to an elected extremest government or even extremist members of parliament. Obviously this group would be somewhat bias because their families must be doing alright in order for them to be working and studying here in Aus. Good to hear from some locals though.

[quote]gotaknife wrote:
Sorry to go off topic but is the website Headhunter linked to satirical/tongue-in-cheek? [/quote]

You wish!

That’s the same gal who said about Muslims “We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity”, and whose image HH seem to be frantically masturbating to.

[quote]lixy wrote:
gotaknife wrote:
Sorry to go off topic but is the website Headhunter linked to satirical/tongue-in-cheek?

You wish!

That’s the same gal who said about Muslims “We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity”, and whose image HH seem to be frantically masturbating to.

[/quote]

HH, what was the link you posted the last time someone talked about masturbating? It was killer.

I watched an interview with a Pakistani journalist on PBS this week. It was educational.

When Bhutto was prime minister her government was responsible for more torture and human rights abuses than any other in Pakistans history.

Bhutto still has not been tried for taking one and a half billion dollars in kick backs on government contracts.

In Pakistan many earn less than a dollar a day. So they cannot afford to take time off from work to protest or do time in jail. That is why we see lawyers in suits out protesting. They are protesting on behalf of everyone else who can’t afford to be protesting.

It is a tough call to make on this one. On the one hand I can really sympathize with the lawyers and their call for the rule of law. On the other hand thanks to Bhutto’s father, Pakistan now has what he called “the Islamic bomb”.

I would hate to see one or more of those get into the wrong hands. So stability is important. Musharaff might be the best bet for that, even with his baggage. I have to wonder if having him take his uniform off is such a good idea.

I think Pakistans “Islamic bombs” are becoming a bit of a liability for the Pakistani people. They certainly have the rest of the world concerned.

Nephorm hit the nail on the head when he wrote they have embraced America’s lesser of two evils style of democracy.

Hillary’s Musharraf

by Greg Palast

"You’ve seen all those creepy photos of George Bush rubbing up against Pakistan’s President Pervez Musharraf, the two of them grinning and giggling like they’re going to the senior prom. So it’s hard to remember that it was Hillary and Bill who brought Pervez to the dance in the first place.

How that happened, I’ll tell you in a moment.

But first, let’s get our facts straight about the man in the moustache. Musharraf, according to George Bush, The New York Times, NPR and the rest of press puppies is, “our ally in the War on Terror.” That’s like calling Carmine Gambino, “Our ally in the War on Crime.”

Musharraf’s the guy who helped the Taliban take power in Afghanistan in 1996. And, through his ISI, Pakistan’s own KGB, he is still giving the Taliban secret protection.

And this is the same Musharraf who let Khalid Sheik Muhammed, Osama’s operations chief for the September 11 attack, hang out in Quetta, Pakistan, in the open, until Khalid embarrassed his host by giving a boastful interview to Al Jazeera television from his Pakistan hang-out.

And this is the same Musharraf who permitted his nation’s own Dr. Strangelove, A.Q. Khan, to sell nuclear do-it-yourself bomb kits to Libya and North Korea. When the story off the flea-market in fissionable materials was exposed, Musharraf (and Bush) both proclaimed their shock - shock! - over the bomb sales. Musharraf didn’t know? Sure. Those tons of lethal hardware must have been shipped by flying pig.

But, unlike Saddam and Osama, creations of Ronald Reagan’s and George Bush Sr.'s Frankenstein factories, Musharraf was a Clinton special.

And it all began with an unpaid electricity bill. In 1998, Pakistan wouldn’t pay up millions, and they owed billions, to British and American electricity companies. And for good reason: the contracts called for paying insanely high prices. It smelled of payola - and ultimately, the government of Pakistan filed charges against power combine executives and canceled the contracts. That’s the rule under international law: companies can’t collect on contracts they obtained by pay-offs.

But these weren’t just any companies. One was a Tony Blair favorite, Britain’s National Power. The other was Entergy International, a sudden big-time player in the international power market based out of, oddly, Little Rock, Arkansas. Despite the Clinton Administration’s claim to fight foreign corruption, this was an exception. Clinton and Blair voted to cut off Pakistan’s funding from the IMF. Pay-up the power pirates, they told Pakistan, or starve.

Why was President Clinton so determined to crush Pakistan because of an unpaid bill to some Little Rock company. This was not just any company. But that wasn’t much. More important, Entergy and its partners, the Riady Family of Indonesia had just paid about half a million dollars to Hillary’s old Rose Law Firm partner Webster Hubbell. Odd that, hiring Hubbell. Why would Entergy pay big bucks to a Hubbell as a “consultant” when he was on his way to jail for a felony. Hubbell was doing time because he refused to testify against Ms. Rodham.

Did President Clinton know about the payment to Hubbell? Clinton denied it to the press,but under oath, to the FBI, Bill said he, “wouldn’t be surprised” if the Riadys told him about the payoff to Hubbell in one of Bill’s several private meetings with
them in the Oval Office.

Was there a connection between Entergy’s kindness to Hillary and her law partner and the power company’s extraordinary sway with the Administration? From inside information on energy policies to favor requested of Tony Blair’s office by Hillary’s office, Entergy could do no wrong. Certainly, their consortium’s executives wouldn’t have to stand trial in Pakistan.

And Entergy got its money. On December 22, 1998, Pakistan’s military, at the direction of General Pervez Musharraf, sent thirty thousand troops into the nation’s power stations. At the time, Entergy’s partners told me, “A lot changed since the army moved in. Now we have a situation where we can be paid. They’ve found a way to collect from the man in the street.” Yes: at gunpoint, according to Abdul Latif Nizamani, a labor union leader who spoke with me after Musharraf’s gang had arrested him.

With Pakistan’s army in control of thenation’s infrastructure, and acting as guarantor of payment to the US and UK power giants, General Musharraf’s final takeover of the entire government nine months later - a “surprise” coup to the Western press - was, a forgone conclusion. And the Clintons, complicit, like Bush today, could say little.

Just months before he left office President Clinton paid a sudden visit to Musharraf. Congressional Democrats were stunned. Musharraf had quickly shown himself to be a Taliban-loving, unbalanced dictator who violated US treaty terms by exploding a nuke and threatening to incinerate our ally India. Notably, the Ambassador with Clinton made payments to the electric companies a top item on his
agenda.

Favors done; favors repaid. Nothing new under the sun, but it’s a dangerous game, Senator Clinton.

All right, maybe you can say that President Clinton’s blessing of the radioactive dictator can’t be blamed on Hillary despite the smelly money chain going from Arkansas to Karachi. But, be honest, the lady sure as heck ain’t running on her record as a Senator; her whole pitch is, “Re-elect Clinton.”

And I’d rather tell you this story before you hear it from President Giuliani.

Nevertheless, let’s not lose sight of the current danger. While the Clinton’s may have handed us the Lunatic of Lahore, it’s George Bush who leaves mints on his pillow. I have no information that Clinton knew of the sales to North Korea. The Bush Administration did and, we discovered at BBC, blocked the CIA investigation that could have exposed it in 2001. And that, Mr. Bush, is a very, very dangerous game. The problem of creating Frankensteins, whether an Osama or a Saddam or a Musharraf, is that these creatures are often known to rise and turn on their creators.

But I’m sure we’ll correct the error. Four years ago, as Bush was proclaiming victory over the Butcher of Baghdad, I wrote, “Given our experiences with Saddam and Osama, our monsters tend to get out of control after about 11 years. Therefore, we can expect, in the year 2013, that President Jeb Bush will have to order the 82d Airborne into Pakistan to remove Musharraf, the Killer of Karachi.”

Unfortunately, we may not have that long."

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=44&ItemID=14299

[quote]lixy wrote:
gotaknife wrote:

You wish!

[/quote]

Being a Muslim Lixy, here’s some ‘forbidden fruit’ eye-candy for you.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
lixy wrote:
gotaknife wrote:

You wish!

HH, what was the link you posted the last time someone talked about masturbating? It was killer.[/quote]

Hmmm…was it from a TC column about a woman who whacks off dogs for a living? That is a classoc!!