Muscles

How many exercises should you do per muscle and for how long to get the best effect?. Also
I weigh 14.4 stone and am trying to increase my muscle mass and definition, how much protein per day should i take? At present I eat roughly, 85 - 90g per day is that enough for waht I want to acheive?

Keep up the good work,

tom

I’m not sure what a “stone” converts to but I’m guessing you weigh more than 90lbs. Eat at least 2.2 grams per kilogram of bodyweght or 1 gram per pound. 90 grams of protein a day isn’t going to be enough for anybody.

Tom, go check out this article that Ian wrote: Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

It'll tell you how many sets to do! For more information, you may want to buy his book "Get Buffed."

Are you kidding? Why don’t you ask us to recite Hamlet for you next time. Seriously, this entire site, all 128 webzines, and 2 paper editions, are devoted to your question. I really wish I could give you the ultimate weightlifting routine that everybody should follow with the precise number of sets, and I also wish I could tell you the golden rule of protein consumption as well… but these things don’t exist. Do me a favor: Buy Ian King’s book, “Get Buffed.” You can go to the Biotest online store and buy it right there. This one book will clear up a lot of confusion for you. In the meantime, start reading the back issues of t-mag, pick a program and get started.