T Nation

Muscles=Epithets??

So, I’m just a longtime lurker, PL dabbler kinda gal. DL is my big fave, and at about 5’/100 lbs. I’ve cycled up to 220 lbs. a couple times (use a belt starting around 180). That’s about it for my thrillerama lifting history.

I loff PL (even if I haven’t gone hardcore), and am just curious about ‘language’. I can cuss like a sailor on speed, I gotta admit, but I try to keep the mega-curse stuff out of my public speech/writing.

A common concern for many women new to heavy lifting seems to be “Will I get big, icky muscles??” After reading a lot of threads, I’d be more inclined to ask, “Is my language gonna hit the shitter??”

Is there something about getting strong that brings out the incipient stevedore in us chicks? I mean, as a dabbler who just does simple protein type drinks, even I tend to growl and roar when I get over 200 on a DL.

However, I’ve noticed in some threads-most notably the ‘Ourobouro & Court’ show (now just Ouroboro, who’s slowed on the posting, lately), that the stronger they got, the more profane the writing.

Two women, both obviously eddicated well-and of course, to be lauded on their toughness, and progress lifting-but seemingly dedicated to wearing out the f-word…not to mention some even more choice graphic language.

And Ourobouro has 2 young girls? Hey, it’s great that she’s role modelling that strong woman thing, but what’s with the ‘like to fuck him in half’ type of comments; kids today are so computer-savvy, like hers aren’t gonna read that stuff someday?

I guess I finally posted today 'cuz I just noticed Black Widow Woman (with her tastefully titled ‘something NAZI’-whoa, now there’s a sweet word) reads like she’s taken over the PW Potty Mouth Title.

Like I say, especially when I’m around church-y folks, and kids, I really have to edit my salty language, but my cussin’, which I thought was pretty bad, is so weak. I’m nooo stranger to the F-word, but another factor is ‘repetition’.

If every second sentence is F-that, and c-sucker this, well, it just kind of wears a bit thin. Truly, big kudos to strong babes, and showing guys we can lift tuff, but what’s with going to a gym, and being real pissant arrogant??

As in, “Yah, this fuckwit dickwad was in the rack doing shitass BW squats-not even close to fucking parallel!-so I just went in there and showed that slack jawed titbrain how to do it! Fuckin’ knob!” (And that after maybe a year of lifting??)

In conclusion, y’know, not wanting to bust anyone’s chops in particular, but I’m thinking I’ll pass on the suit/kneewrap/shoes stuff (seems that’s when purty words/polite go south), and putter around with my only semi epithet-laced talk. Cheers, eh.

My mother once told me that I have a mouth that would embarrass a drunken sailor. I took that as a compliment, because I’m also one of the more articulate people I know.

so, puff, I’m curious. Do you feel better now, after posting?

I’m sorry, but what is your point? If you are offended by the language, don’t read the threads.
It’s easy to work the internet, just close your browser.
Less judging, more DLing and BTW for a first post, you are full of win.

Jeezus fucken christ!!! Headhunter has taken on a female persona!

First post bull shit. You people (trolls) have nothing better to do than to sit around and talk shit? Ouro’s and Courts’ aren’t the only threads in PW that use profanity either. Sounds like you may have a problem w/one of them or both.

Your avatar name says it all- Puff, says it all.

Muscles = Epithets

Sure, such as:

Ourobouro ‘the Strong’
Cbear ‘the Sharp-tongued’
Black Widow Woman ‘of the muscular thighs’

Haha.

At least I learned a new word from that post.

I’m just sad that it didn’t call me out for my foul mouth. I guess I’ll have to work on that shit.

^^^^^^^
but… but… yo mama, it prolly needs a sammich!

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
^^^^^^^
but… but… yo mama, it prolly needs a sammich![/quote]

Yeah, It needs a pounding in the ass. Put that between 2 slices of bread.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
^^^^^^^
but… but… yo mama, it prolly needs a sammich![/quote]

Yeah, It needs a pounding in the ass. Put that between 2 slices of bread.[/quote]

Unzips pants I fucking love my job.

hey!!!

HEYYY!

JON!!!

ME FIRST!

Jon listen to the redhead.
Seriously, my matchmaking senses are rarely off.

[quote]dianab wrote:
Jon listen to the redhead.
Seriously, my matchmaking senses are rarely off.[/quote]

a wise woman indeed.

I hail from the darkest recesses of south London, ergo I’m an 'orrible cunt.

What kinda troll has to take 2 months to gather enough guts to post?

Troll. FAIL.

[quote]skyel7 wrote:
What kinda troll has to take 2 months to gather enough guts to post?

Troll. FAIL. [/quote]

i picture someone with a list of screen names taped to their monitor, with the last date they posted under each one.

[quote]skyel7 wrote:
What fucking kinda fucking troll has to take 2 fucking months to gather enough fucking guts to fucking post?

Troll.FUCKING.FAIL. [/quote]

Fixed. Potty mouth.

Good post DLpuff. I’d say half the people who swear are just too lazy to think of the right word to use. ‘fuck’ can be used almost anywhere in a sentence as imhungry showed us with his edited post. Just not a very big vocabulary.

Before I have the fist of the gods reign down upon me…Cbear, pushmepullme and others have wonderful commands of the English language and fill their posts with emotion and colour by swearing. (am I safe now?)After reading some Steven king I have become a fan of the word ‘shitter’ or ‘shitters’.

And so with that,

Good fuckin day to all you shitters!

[quote]DLpuff wrote:
So, I’m just a longtime FUCKING lurker, PL dabbler kinda gal. DL is my big FUCKING fave, and at about 5’/100 FUCKING lbs. I’ve cycled up to 220 lbs. a couple times (use a belt starting around 180). That’s about it for my thrillerama lifting history.

I loff (WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN?) PL (even if I haven’t gone hardcore), and am just curious about ‘language’. I can FUCKING cuss like a FUCKING sailor on speed, I gotta admit, but I try to keep the mega-curse stuff out of my FUCKING public speech/writing.

A common concern for many women new to heavy lifting seems to be “Will I get big, icky muscles??” After reading a lot of threads, I’d be more inclined to ask, “Is my language gonna hit the FUCKING shitter??”

Is there something about getting FUCKING strong that brings out the incipient stevedore in us chicks? I mean, as a dabbler who just does simple protein type drinks, even I tend to growl and roar when I get over 200 on a FUCKING DL.

However, I’ve noticed in some threads-most notably the ‘Ourobouro & Court’ show (now just Ouroboro, who’s slowed on the posting, lately), that the stronger they got, the more profane the writing.

Two women, both obviously eddicated well-and of course, to be lauded on their toughness, and progress lifting-but seemingly dedicated to wearing out the f-word…not to mention some even more choice graphic language.=FUCK

And Ourobouro has 2 young girls? Hey, it’s FUCKING great that she’s FUCKING role modelling that strong woman thing, but what’s with the ‘like to FUCKING fuck him in half’ type of comments; kids today are so computer-savvy, like hers aren’t gonna read that stuff someday?

I guess I finally posted today 'cuz I just noticed Black Widow Woman (with her tastefully titled ‘something NAZI’-whoa, now there’s a sweet word-THANK YOU MA’AM! ;)) reads like she’s taken over the PW Potty Mouth Title. A FUCKING HONOR INDEED!

Like I say, especially when I’m around church-y folks, and kids, I really have to FUCKING edit my salty language, but my cussin’, which I thought was pretty bad, is so weak. I’m nooo stranger to the FUCKING F-word, but another factor is FUCKING ‘repetition’.

If every second sentence is F-that, and FUCKING c-sucker this, well, it just kind of wears a bit FUCKING thin. Truly, big kudos to strong babes, and showing guys we can lift tuff(IM SORRY, ISNT IT “TOUGH”, JUST FUCKING SAYIN’), but what’s with going to a gym, and being real pissant arrogant??

As in, “Yah, this fuckwit dickwad was in the rack doing shitass BW squats-not even close to fucking parallel!-so I just went in there and showed that slack jawed titbrain how to do it! Fuckin’ knob!” (And that after maybe a year of lifting??)

In conclusion, y’know, not wanting to bust anyone’s chops in particular, but I’m FUCKING thinking I’ll pass on the suit/kneewrap/shoes stuff (SORRY HONEY, RAW IS THE ONLY WAY I TAKE IT)(seems that’s when purty words/polite go south), and putter around with my only semi epithet-laced talk. Cheers, eh. [/quote]

I edited it… :wink: