Muscle to Fat or Vice Versa

my ex-girlfriend said that to me in the gym like a month ago. “you know your arms are jsut going to turn into fat” she doesnt like muscles to much so i think she used it as a way for me to not lift as much. she has to realize she is wrong and that i wasnt gettign in shape for her i was gettign in shape for all the other ladies. i already got her wehn i was outta shape. thats also why she is my ex-girlfriend…haha

[quote]Professor X wrote:
tmay11 wrote:
I know that this is the biggest fallacy out there and it pisses me off that in this day and age with so much information available people can be so ignorant as to still believe something like this!!

Anyways to my suprise there is alot of people that do. I know that fat and muscle are completely differnt things and can not go from one to the other but could someone give me a bit more of a complex explation so that I can say more then “No, your wrong” when people tell me “you know thats all just going to turn to fat when your older”.

Thanks.

Someone who would even say something like that doesn’t want to know any better. That makes anything you say a waste of breath afterwards. Most of the time, this is coming from fat people in reference to how they were supposedly huge and muscular years ago (in High school) but it all turned to fat right before their eyes. They are telling you this for one reason…you make them feel bad. They hate looking at you. It ruins their day that there are people walking around in better shape than them so the only way for them to justify their own lack of will power is to make you appear crazy for working out.

People like that don’t want scientific studies or truth. They simply want to make you feel bad and make themselves feel better in the process. What better justification for the overweight pencil pusher than to believe that you will one day be just like them and that your muscle is only temporary?

Other people do the same thing in different ways. People who look at anyone bigger than them and cry drug use are doing the same thing. It is a defense mechanism. Instead of accepting any faulst they may have…it is so much easier to make you look insane.
[/quote]

i really like this post