Muscle & Superiority: Why?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
As far as the debate, people should just let people be what they want to be.

As long as them being hugely obese and lazy slobs doesn’t affect me by having to pay more taxes for their healthcare, then yes, I agree.

That’s not entirely true. The largest burden of taxpayer funded healthcare, about 80%, is spent on the last 6 months of peoples lives.

In other words - old people who don’t want to die.

Smokers, the obese, and alcoholics don’t cost nearly as much as people want to believe.

That’s another thing that amazes me.

People don’t know shit for shit where their tax money is going EVER. They don’t know how it gets sent to the county, then the state, then the Fed, or what the breakdown is, or what projects and legislator’s pockets it’s going into.

But they got the balls to say, “Look at that fat guy, he’s costing us money.” Keep thinking that dipshit- that’s exactly what the politicians would have you think.[/quote]

Go fuck yourself dickhead. Like you have to pay £350 for national insurance every month, or have some deep understanding of the UK tax system.

I take the view that muscle is better because on the most basic level, it’s hard to build. The dedication and discipline it takes day in and day out, would show in their character and work ethic. When I look at a fat slob, what disgusts me is not only their physique, but the habits they have (and don’t have) which reflects on them when no one else is around.

I have been told by those pencil necks in the gym, that it might not be the muscle to be envied but having the commitment required to get it.

It’s like that line in the movie “A League of Their Own” where Tom Hanks says, “it’s the hard that makes it great.”

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

Go fuck yourself dickhead. Like you have to pay £350 for national insurance every month, or have some deep understanding of the UK tax system.[/quote]

No idea, but I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about Americans where there is no nationalized healthcare and we don’t pay for it.

No one generalizes about Great Britain. You’re not important enough anymore to do so. Got it?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:

Go fuck yourself dickhead. Like you have to pay £350 for national insurance every month, or have some deep understanding of the UK tax system.

No idea, but I’m not talking about you. I’m talking about Americans where there is no nationalized healthcare and we don’t pay for it.

No one generalizes about Great Britain. You’re not important enough anymore to do so. Got it?[/quote]

Fair enough. My bad.

This thread needs a smiley face (^:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
tootles27 wrote:
As far as the debate, people should just let people be what they want to be.

As long as them being hugely obese and lazy slobs doesn’t affect me by having to pay more taxes for their healthcare, then yes, I agree.

That’s not entirely true. The largest burden of taxpayer funded healthcare, about 80%, is spent on the last 6 months of peoples lives.

In other words - old people who don’t want to die.

Smokers, the obese, and alcoholics don’t cost nearly as much as people want to believe.

That’s another thing that amazes me.

People don’t know shit for shit where their tax money is going EVER. They don’t know how it gets sent to the county, then the state, then the Fed, or what the breakdown is, or what projects and legislator’s pockets it’s going into.

But they got the balls to say, “Look at that fat guy, he’s costing us money.” Keep thinking that dipshit- that’s exactly what the politicians would have you think.

Go fuck yourself dickhead. Like you have to pay £350 for national insurance every month, or have some deep understanding of the UK tax system.[/quote]

But you are not angry because people make you pay for other peoples choices, oh no, you just assume that it has to be that way and blame the obese/alcoholic/smoking person.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I take the view that muscle is better because on the most basic level, it’s hard to build. The dedication and discipline it takes day in and day out, would show in their character and work ethic. [/quote]

What about genetics? Not everyone has to do the same amount of work for the same results.

As a teacher I know that effort is not always easily apparent in the results. I have worked with many students who struggled with the concepts, who put in more work than other students, and who still got lower grades.

Same applies to the body as well.

[quote]orion wrote:
But you are not angry because people make you pay for other peoples choices, oh no, you just assume that it has to be that way and blame the obese/alcoholic/smoking person.

[/quote]

So I should…commit tax fraud?

I blame the governemnt mostly, because of the services they offer to the lazy. I don’t really complain though, nor am I angry.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
Vegita wrote:

Most of the problems come from PEOPLE who view thier goals as supirior to other peoples goals. Really if a big guy who has a superiority complex got into astronomy instead of lifting, he would view all people who didn’t study astronomy as “inferior” it has little to do with the actual goals and levels of achievements.

That’s what I was trying to get at. Thanks for saying it better.

[/quote]

Heh, Well look, I mean you OBVIOUSLY need to work on your message board communication skills. I mean seriously dude, do you even read what you type. It’s borderline amatuerish/incoherrent. How bout this, next time you want to make a post and you think you might actually have something relevant to say, send me a PM of what you would have written, I’ll then edit it and send it back to you so you don’t come off looking like a complete D-Bag. P.S. Hang in there kiddo, you may still one day learn the ins and outs of message board worriordom.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:

Most of the problems come from PEOPLE who view thier goals as supirior to other peoples goals. Really if a big guy who has a superiority complex got into astronomy instead of lifting, he would view all people who didn’t study astronomy as “inferior” it has little to do with the actual goals and levels of achievements.

Heh, Well look, I mean you OBVIOUSLY need to work on your message board communication skills. I mean seriously dude, do you even read what you type. It’s borderline amatuerish/incoherrent. How bout this, next time you want to make a post and you think you might actually have something relevant to say, send me a PM of what you would have written, I’ll then edit it and send it back to you so you don’t come off looking like a complete D-Bag. P.S. Hang in there kiddo, you may still one day learn the ins and outs of message board worriordom.

V[/quote]

Hmmm. Not quite sure what to make of that. I’m pretty sure what I wrote was coherent. Overly complicated maybe.

And as for looking like a D-Bag, I disagree but hey.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
orion wrote:

So I should…commit tax fraud?
[/quote]

That is the least you could you.

Resistance to unjust taxation might be your moral and patriotic duty.

When you say small do you mean BPIFC small?
Or skinny-fat snot nosed self-disrespecting tool small?

because the latter tells you exactly why I would be more accepting of a muscular person. I’ve seen far too many lanky individuals that will shove tons of shit down their throats and wouldn’t move an inch if they didn’t have to. On top of this, that second demographic seems to bitch about being in better shape FAR MORE than any other, and they take no action.

Of course I’m generalizing, but I was feeling radical… take it as you will

Everyone wants a reason to feel better than everyone else.

Being big is it for some.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I take the view that muscle is better because on the most basic level, it’s hard to build. The dedication and discipline it takes day in and day out, would show in their character and work ethic.

What about genetics? Not everyone has to do the same amount of work for the same results.

As a teacher I know that effort is not always easily apparent in the results. I have worked with many students who struggled with the concepts, who put in more work than other students, and who still got lower grades.

Same applies to the body as well.[/quote

Why worry about something you have no control over? Am I not going to push weight because I have shitty insertion points on my body, I am an endomorph who has to work even harder to drop fat, and may lack any and everything required to have a nice physique?

Your work with your students who have struggled is no different, because through that work, you will learn more about yourself and be on the path to what does work. There are not many things that can teach better than failure, if you let it.

Vegita wrote:

V

Hmmm. Not quite sure what to make of that. I’m pretty sure what I wrote was coherent. Overly complicated maybe.

[/quote]

Just some friendly sarcasm, I was attempting to sound elitist, which could be construed as humor since the post of mine you said was good, was explaining how elitist behavior is stupid. I guess the fact that I am explaining this means I failed miserably. Either that or you are dense. :wink:

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
Vegita wrote:

V

Just some friendly sarcasm, I was attempting to sound elitist, which could be construed as humor since the post of mine you said was good, was explaining how elitist behavior is stupid. I guess the fact that I am explaining this means I failed miserably. Either that or you are dense. :wink:

V[/quote]

Hmmm. I’ll go for the dense option lol. My mind is elsewhere.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Tex Ag wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
I take the view that muscle is better because on the most basic level, it’s hard to build. The dedication and discipline it takes day in and day out, would show in their character and work ethic.

Same applies to the body as well.[/quote

Why worry about something you have no control over? Am I not going to push weight because I have shitty insertion points on my body, I am an endomorph who has to work even harder to drop fat, and may lack any and everything required to have a nice physique?

Your work with your students who have struggled is no different, because through that work, you will learn more about yourself and be on the path to what does work. There are not many things that can teach better than failure, if you let it. [/quote]

I do not disagree. I just wanted to point out that when looking at someone else’s build it is tenuous to assign how much effort they have made. That is what this thread is about,judgments made of others based on apparent muscularity.

Your example above could be viewed as less dedicated and disciplined than the guy who stays lean puts on muscle easily.

The only issue I have with the non lifting folks is when they mock me for being a “meat head” or “spending all my time” in the gym. If someone has different goals, then I say live and let live. Do I think my goals are superior? For me, they are. Because I’m damn sure not going back to the skinny (and prior to that, fat) kid that I used to be.

Do I think that everyone would benefit from lifting and eating right? Yeah, but if they don’t that’s their choice. In summary, as long as people don’t turn into mac-fans i.e. they won’t shut up about how great their (insert whatever’s great) then I’m fine with whatever goal they may or may not have.

[/rant]

Vegita wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
Vegita wrote:

V

V

Hmmm. I’ll go for the dense option lol. My mind is elsewhere.
[/quote]

Haha, and you thought only your muscles were getting dense with all this lifting. Perhaps there is some merit to the meathead myth after all. :wink:

V

Successful people are only truly successful if they are able to analyze and anticipate [what other people think or say in particular] rather than stick with what’s working now.

It’s about being one step ahead.
[/quote]

Yeah sure, but analyzing and anticipating the actions of individuals is not the same thing as being annoyed by those actions. In that respect what these other people say and think is just a means for the successful. And still, I am willing to bet even if someone does as you say to become successful there is only so much room in their mental capacity to give other people outside the scope of their expertise a further thought.