Muscle Starring Paul Rudd

[quote]Miserere wrote:
By the way, where did you read this? There is no mention of it on IMDB.[/quote]

Didn’t read it.

My brother’s the Vice President of Show Biz, he told me.

He is also the reason I’m going to see Superman Returns two days early for free.

Kiss the rings, bitches!

I read the book a couple years ago. I remember it as casting a negative light on the “sport”. The author ended up quiting lifting and never wanting to do it again. Plus, all of the dumbass stereotypical BB’s he was freinds with will only harden the public’s negative view of weightlifters.

Plus, he goes into stories of his “roid rage”. That’s not gonna help either.

Still wanna see it though.

It is a great book. I would rank it with Chemical Pink.

I am curious about how much weight they can put on Rudd and how fast. Same for Will Smith for Ali, and a lot of others I can name. With all the money in the world for trainers, nutrition, roids, PCT etc. I would bet the stack includes some things most of us have never heard of.

Once they put some lean muscle on him, a little CGI, some lighting tricks and he’s ready to go.

The fact that the book, and inevitably, the movie will cast bodybuilding in a negative light matters not a whit. Compared to the freak show that is pro bodybuilding, the characters in the book will seem normal.

[quote]hankr wrote:

The fact that the book, and inevitably, the movie will cast bodybuilding in a negative light matters not a whit. Compared to the freak show that is pro bodybuilding, the characters in the book will seem normal.[/quote]

How does it not matter? I suppose that would be the case if you don’t happen to appear to be a “bodybuiulder” to most people. However, anytime there is more negative media thrown at bodybuilding, any big guy with arms much larger than average is going to get looked at funny.

Most of the general public doesn’t even pay attention to pro bodybuilding so that is a non-issue. Their perception will be based off of what they do get shown. It isn’t like the average person is knowledgeable enough to even dig deeper into bodybuilding for truth.

[quote]"I’ve been looking for years to find out whatever happened to Sam Fussell, but he has hidden himself quite well since the book came out.

Coincidentally, Rudd is one of my favorite comedians, which is why I’m a bit surprised at the casting. While the book definitely has some very funny moments, it’s certainly not a comedy. I hope they don’t try to make a joke out of the whole thing."

[/quote]

I’ve also wondered what happened to Fussell. I believe he later wrote another novel called “Missing Person” that’s now out of print and about $50 used on Amazon. Talented writer.

As far as the movie, I’ll believe it when it’s released. I certainly hope it gets made, but there are two thousand movies in pre-production right now. Who’s putting up the money?