T Nation

Muscle Snatch

@CT thank you for teaching this exercise. It has built my upper back, traps, delts, biceps and triceps like no other exercise. I find it a better power look builder than the snatch high pull.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
@CT thank you for teaching this exercise. It has built my upper back, traps, delts, biceps and triceps like no other exercise. I find it a better power look builder than the snatch high pull.[/quote]

Yeah it is one of my favorite exercise too. All of my clients use it. At first I didn’t want to talk about it because it is fairly complex to learn, but it works great.

My best guy on this movement did 225 two weeks ago. Two others do 205. They all snatch in the 280-290lbs range BTW. I did 215 myself and didn’t turn around fast enough to finish the 225… but I’m the old coach so that’s fine, as long as I can hang.

Incredible, coach any good movement or practice cues? The loading I use is less than half what I can do on SGHP. It always feels like a “weighted external rotation”. A narrower grip helps while wider grip basically becomes snatch for me…

I do something similar with DBS which feels natural and if I load up barbell have to pause and movement essentially becomes a push press

I cannot make recommendation on a lift like the muscle snatch without seeing you do it. So if you want some advice you will have to post a video.