Muscle Snatch on a Pumped Muscle

Hi CT,

I recently been given the muscle snatch a try in my program and am loving it combined with high pulls and dead start rows. My question is can you see any benefit in pumping the traps/ upper back and then immediatley performing muscle snatches? I tried it the other day and it felt great. Heres how i programmed it.

1. High pulls 3,3,3,6,6,6

2. Deadstart Rows 5,5,5,8,8,8

3. Face Pulls Max pump style (5 reps, 5 sec hold, 4 reps, 4 sec hold…) x 4-6

4. Muscle Snatch x 4-6

3 and 4 are performed in a superset fashion with 45-60 secs of rest between each superset.

Can you see a benefit to doin explosive work like muscle snatches on a pre pumped muscle?

Many Thanks CT

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
Hi CT,

I recently been given the muscle snatch a try in my program and am loving it combined with high pulls and dead start rows. My question is can you see any benefit in pumping the traps/ upper back and then immediatley performing muscle snatches? I tried it the other day and it felt great. Heres how i programmed it.

1. High pulls 3,3,3,6,6,6

2. Deadstart Rows 5,5,5,8,8,8

3. Face Pulls Max pump style (5 reps, 5 sec hold, 4 reps, 4 sec hold…) x 4-6

4. Muscle Snatch x 4-6

3 and 4 are performed in a superset fashion with 45-60 secs of rest between each superset.

Can you see a benefit to doin explosive work like muscle snatches on a pre pumped muscle?

Many Thanks CT[/quote]

Actually I did those while pre-pumping the delts and traps and it worked well for feeling the muscles. BUT most of the time I prefer to avoid doing anything before the muscle snatch since I see it more as a high performance lift and I do not want to do anything that might hurt performance.

ok, I thought that might be your thoughts on it. Would it be better to use it as you said, as a pre pump to the whole session? Possibly like this:

1. face pulls pre pump- max pump style- 3 sets
  2. Muscle Snatch- 3,3,3,6,6,6
  3. High pulls- 3,3,3,6,6,6
  4. Deadstart rows- 5,5,5,8,8,8

Many Thanks

[quote]Hull2012 wrote:
ok, I thought that might be your thoughts on it. Would it be better to use it as you said, as a pre pump to the whole session? Possibly like this:

1. face pulls pre pump- max pump style- 3 sets
  2. Muscle Snatch- 3,3,3,6,6,6
  3. High pulls- 3,3,3,6,6,6
  4. Deadstart rows- 5,5,5,8,8,8

Many Thanks
[/quote]

It’s not a pre-pump exercise… it’s a whole body power & strength move. When used, it needs to be the cornerstone of a session and the session planned to maximize the progress on the muscle snatch.

Sorry I meant use the face pulls as a pre pump and to warm the shoulders up, then have the muscle snatch as the first main movement as well as potentiating the high pulls