Muscle Snatch, Muscle Clean & Press Vids?

CT, given your background in Olympic weightlifting, can you please post a Youtube video which shows proper technique of the Muscle Snatch and Muscle Clean & Press?

I did search Youtube but found contradictory lifting mechanics demonstrated which is why I ask for your input so I can learn real quality lifing form. Thank you very much!

[quote]bro1989 wrote:
CT, given your background in Olympic weightlifting, can you please post a Youtube video which shows proper technique of the Muscle Snatch and Muscle Clean & Press?

I did search Youtube but found contradictory lifting mechanics demonstrated which is why I ask for your input so I can learn real quality lifing form. Thank you very much![/quote]

I’ll see what I can do tomorrow. I don’t have any video apparatus myself but one of my athletes has one.

That having been said, I’m not a big fan of muscle snatches and muscle clean and never do them myself are extremely rarely do I use them with any of my athletes, maybe as a warm-up but that’s it.

Thank you very much, CT, I would be very grateful.

Why are you no fan of them?

[quote]bro1989 wrote:
Thank you very much, CT, I would be very grateful.

Why are you no fan of them?[/quote]

Well, if someone is not super efficient and automatic with the actual olympic lifts (or the power variations) the muscle snatch simply teaches bad habits.

In a highly skilled lifter they are okay to warm up for the snatch/clean and as a specific bodybuilding tool for the olympic lifts. Some lifters also use them to practice keeping the bar closer to the body during their competition lifts. But unless your technique is automatic on the full lifts, the muscle variations have more cons than pros.