Muscle Snatch and Muscle Clean

@ Ct,
Both of these lifts are my favorite. How do you go about improving them?

Thank you

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
@ Ct,
Both of these lifts are my favorite. How do you go about improving them?

Thank you[/quote]

Like any other big lift:

1. Train them often

2. Find your weakest link in them and strengthen it

3. Find your technical flaw that limits your performance and do drills to make it better

Without seeing you lift I can’t make specific recommendations about which assistance movements to use.

Sounds good. I want to do the complete power look program with the muscle snatch on chest day and the muscle snatch clean grip on shoulder day and I was wondering what assistance exercises to use. Thank you for your help as always.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
Sounds good. I want to do the complete power look program with the muscle snatch on chest day and the muscle snatch clean grip on shoulder day and I was wondering what assistance exercises to use. Thank you for your help as always.[/quote]

It still doesn’t tell me what your weak points in those movements are… the assistance exercises are picked to work on weak links in a movement.

Still you could go with:

PHASE 1
Muscle snatch: wide grip bench press, seated DB clean & press
Muscle snatch clean grip: Clean grip upright row to nipples, bar Cuban press

PHASE 2
Muscle snatch: seated barbell muscle snatch, snatch grip high pull
Muscle snatch clean grip: Cheated barbell front raise (full range to overhead), military press

PHASE 3
Muscle snatch: incline wide grip bench press from pins (from mid point), snatch-grip low pull
Muscle snatch clean grip: push press, clean-grip high pull to nipple line

Sorry I am weak at the transition point from high pull to press out. I think it might be weak external rotators. Thank you for your response! Cheers.

Sorry CT with the seated dumbbell clean and press do you use a pronated grip or a neutral grip? And the point of the muscle snatch where I am weakest is at the external rotation.

Thank you and have a great day :slight_smile:

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
Sorry CT with the seated dumbbell clean and press do you use a pronated grip or a neutral grip? And the point of the muscle snatch where I am weakest is at the external rotation.

Thank you and have a great day :)[/quote]

Pronated so that you have to do a dynamic external rotation to do the movement