'Muscle Profiling?'

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
It’s definitely worth thinking about, whatever you feel about drug use. I’m certainly not pro or against steroids, my attitude has always been that you can do whatever you want as long as no one else is hurt in the process (unlike drinking and driving). But, and I guess this is the thing that really made me pause,… what if you know,… I mean you 100% KNOW that someone has done something illegal (or course in this instance, I doubt the cops have degrees in pharmacology and are acting merely on stereotyped uninformed ‘knowledge’),… but you have absolutely no way of actually proving it other than somehow pressuring them to admit as much, but in the process essentially trample their rights to due process (the whole Superhero dilemma of not ‘sinking to their level’?), would you do it? Are you really making the world a better place, or are you just stepping one inch further away from democracy…

S[/quote]

Ultimately, the reason this is bullshit is because their steroid use isn’t hurting ANYBODY, and there is no valid reason to have steroids outlawed, when we have things like tobacco and alcohol legal. Note…I don’t think ANY of those^^^ things should be illegal. But OBVIOUSLY tobacco and alcohol to a lot more damage than steroid use, so it’s a ridiculous double standard.

Not to nit-pick Stu, but neither Switzerland nor America is a democracy…

[quote]hungry4more wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
It’s definitely worth thinking about, whatever you feel about drug use. I’m certainly not pro or against steroids, my attitude has always been that you can do whatever you want as long as no one else is hurt in the process (unlike drinking and driving). But, and I guess this is the thing that really made me pause,… what if you know,… I mean you 100% KNOW that someone has done something illegal (or course in this instance, I doubt the cops have degrees in pharmacology and are acting merely on stereotyped uninformed ‘knowledge’),… but you have absolutely no way of actually proving it other than somehow pressuring them to admit as much, but in the process essentially trample their rights to due process (the whole Superhero dilemma of not ‘sinking to their level’?), would you do it? Are you really making the world a better place, or are you just stepping one inch further away from democracy…

S[/quote]

Ultimately, the reason this is bullshit is because their steroid use isn’t hurting ANYBODY, and there is no valid reason to have steroids outlawed, when we have things like tobacco and alcohol legal. Note…I don’t think ANY of those^^^ things should be illegal. But OBVIOUSLY tobacco and alcohol to a lot more damage than steroid use, so it’s a ridiculous double standard.

Not to nit-pick Stu, but neither Switzerland nor America is a democracy…[/quote]

It’s because the roidz make the heart explode.

What did the authorities say about the Toney Freeman thing,… wasn’t there a reference to pro bodybuilders being bad role models or something similar? Obviously these people aren’t hurting anyone, but try arguing with a local cop who gives you a ticket for parking 14.5 ft from a hydrant at the end of the month (“we don’t have ticket quotas” -lol). At what point are they just looking to give people a hard time, and at what point are they really protecting the public interest. I’ve heard of some downright asinine laws that are still on the books (no one bothers to enforce them though, it’s just sort of a given).

And sorry 'bout the Democratic inaccuracy, been out of school for a while now, and World Affairs and Swedish History aren’t exactly on my recreational reading lists :slight_smile:
(but I agree that America is heading the wrong was as well… sadly, another thread in the wings)

S

[quote]goldengloves wrote:
People care very little for those with the physique of a bodybuilder, why would they be up in arms over them being profiled when racial profiling receives very little attention?
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Are you even from America? You just pulled “people care very little for those with the physique of a bodybuilder” comment right out of your ass.

You completely skipped over my question as to why one basis of profiling is worse than the other?

just give it some time.

give the state near unlimited power to “protect” and pretty soon you will be the one being protected against.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
just give it some time.

give the state near unlimited power to “protect” and pretty soon you will be the one being protected against.[/quote]

That was so deep that I don’t even know what it means

Sounds like a woman gene.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
just give it some time.

give the state near unlimited power to “protect” and pretty soon you will be the one being protected against.[/quote]

That was so deep that I don’t even know what it means[/quote]

Hmm. I didnt word that very well.

If you give the state the unlimited power to protect its citizens from what the state declares dangerous, pretty soon the state will be coming after you.

Sweden case in point: the state SAYS steroids are dangerous, so regardless of how law abiding you are, you are now the danger to be protected against.

[quote]gregron wrote:

People care very little for those with the physique of a bodybuilder, why would they be up in arms over them being profiled when racial profiling receives very little attention?
[/quote]

What are you talking about? Are you even from America? You just pulled “people care very little for those with the physique of a bodybuilder” comment right out of your ass.

You completely skipped over my question as to why one basis of profiling is worse than the other?[/quote]

Alright, show me the sympathy from the average American on this issue. I bet most haven’t even heard of this and if they’ve they don’t care. Steroids are so demonized in this country it’s comical, I doubt many would care if they started muscle profiling anyway.

People make the choice to compete as a professional bodybuilder, that’s who’s being profiled in this case. You don’t make a choice to belong to an ethnic group.

I’ve heard that Scandinavian countries tend to be a bit moralistic.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

You completely skipped over my question as to why one basis of profiling is worse than the other?[/quote]

Alright, show me the sympathy from the average American on this issue. I bet most haven’t even heard of this and if they’ve they don’t care. Steroids are so demonized in this country it’s comical, I doubt many would care if they started muscle profiling anyway.

People make the choice to compete as a professional bodybuilder, that’s who’s being profiled in this case. You don’t make a choice to belong to an ethnic group.[/quote]

so its ok to profile someone as long as what you’re profiling them for you deem to be their choice?

(i still dont think you’re from the US)

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

People make the choice to compete as a professional bodybuilder, that’s who’s being profiled in this case. You don’t make a choice to belong to an ethnic group.[/quote]

so its ok to profile someone as long as what you’re profiling them for you deem to be their choice?

(i still dont think you’re from the US)[/quote]

Those professional bodybuilders are most likely using AAS aren’t they? I’m not saying I support “muscle profiling”, just that it’s ridiculous to think there would be an outrage over it in America. There’s not even an outrage over racial profiling in America and it’s far more prevalent than “muscle profiling”. Racial profiling in America maybe gets a 5 minute discussion on a news network every so often.

What would make you think I’m not from the US?

I sadly know a whole lot of people who I think would be FOR “muscle profiling” It is just crazy.

This article was posted in the Tony Freeman thread and there is an actual guideline to how to spot steroid users. Which includes “large trapezius muscles” which is just ridiculous.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
I sadly know a whole lot of people who I think would be FOR “muscle profiling” It is just crazy.

This article was posted in the Tony Freeman thread and there is an actual guideline to how to spot steroid users. Which includes “large trapezius muscles” which is just ridiculous. [/quote]

So it’s went beyond just profiling bodybuilders? That’s really weird then. I’m wondering what the motivation for it’s, if any.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

(i still dont think you’re from the US)[/quote]

Those professional bodybuilders are most likely using AAS aren’t they? I’m not saying I support “muscle profiling”, just that it’s ridiculous to think there would be an outrage over it in America. There’s not even an outrage over racial profiling in America and it’s far more prevalent than “muscle profiling”. Racial profiling in America maybe gets a 5 minute discussion on a news network every so often.

What would make you think I’m not from the US? [/quote]

Again you’re avoiding my original question based on your first post. It’s ok to profile people in certain cases? Profiling someone based ok their race or sexual orientation is worse than profiling someone based on their size?

[quote]Kalle wrote:

This article was posted in the Tony Freeman thread and there is an actual guideline to how to spot steroid users. Which includes “large trapezius muscles” which is just ridiculous. [/quote]

So it’s went beyond just profiling bodybuilders? That’s really weird then. I’m wondering what the motivation for it’s, if any.[/quote]

Yes, they are arresting people just because they look like they’ve seen a gym before. One guy was arrested at a night club by another lady cop and taken in for testing only to come up clear. They are NOT just going after IFBB pros. They are being told that large traps mean you use steroids illegally so anyone with big traps who looks like they lift could be arrested.

Anyone supporting that at all even by ignoring arrests of pro bodybuilders seems to be missing a few screws. If you are ok with it happening to them, but not ok with it happening to people who look like you, then you seem to be ignorant of the snowball effect these types of actions can have…even here.

This thread is Official Sweden is one fucked up place LOL

It’s Sweden man, they have to watch out for them vikingzzz…

[quote]Daniel-San wrote:
It’s Sweden man, they have to watch out for them vikingzzz…[/quote]

Not really, in fact they are pretty much the only ones who do not have to watch out for them.

I believe I saw a picture of the police cheif responsible for the new policy in sweden. If its him that I saw then it really explains everything. The guy looked like he weighed 120lbs soaking wet. He probably took a beating at school from all the big guys on creatinz.

Its a sad world sometimes. Muscle profiling? Its no different than racial profiling. Anyone that gets picked up and passes needs to start a civil suit for discrimination. It would only take a few cases too before the cost of “profiling” became uneconomical.