T Nation

Muscle Percentage? Body Fat Percentage?

I am 20 and my Muscle percentage is 40.9% and bodyfat is 21.0%, I am gonna start a new program tommrow, What sort of percentage is good for me who weight 72 kg or about 164 pounds.

Should i get lean first before building or build then cut?

huh? what is the other 29% of you made of?

It’s usually referred to as fat mass and lean mass.
You can get a decent idea of both, but you’re not going to know how much muscle percentage you have.

although your BF is high, i can tell you, before you get flamed for this post, BULK UP. 164 is tiny, you are SKINNY-FAT, eat a lot, eat clean, and eat often, and build some muscle.

Have you ever worked out before?

[quote]ttboy1988 wrote:

I am 20 and my Muscle percentage is 40.9% [/quote]

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

You can get a decent idea of both, but you’re not going to know how much muscle percentage you have.[/quote]

Bones, water, connective tissue…

Anything that isn’t muscle or fat, obviously.

OP

You belong in the beginners forum. No disrespect intended, but that forum will be more receptive to your present question.

[quote]dakotah_13 wrote:
although your BF is high, i can tell you, before you get flamed for this post, BULK UP. 164 is tiny, you are SKINNY-FAT, eat a lot, eat clean, and eat often, and build some muscle.[/quote]

A midget at 164 is huge.

[quote]icehawk wrote:
dakotah_13 wrote:
although your BF is high, i can tell you, before you get flamed for this post, BULK UP. 164 is tiny, you are SKINNY-FAT, eat a lot, eat clean, and eat often, and build some muscle.

A midget at 164 is huge.[/quote]

Great post. /sarcasm

164lbs at 20% for a male is underdeveloped regardless of height.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

You can get a decent idea of both, but you’re not going to know how much muscle percentage you have.

OP

You belong in the beginners forum. No disrespect intended, but that forum will be more receptive to your present question.

[/quote]

well duh lol, but how does one compute muscle percentage? Unless you have an autopsy done, how do you measure the weight of everything besides muscle or fat :wink:

BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

OP

well duh lol, but how does one compute muscle percentage? Unless you have an autopsy done, how do you measure the weight of everything besides muscle or fat ;)[/quote]

One of those scales that you grab the handles and do a little dance on… duhh 9000% accuracy guarenteed!

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

OP

well duh lol, but how does one compute muscle percentage? Unless you have an autopsy done, how do you measure the weight of everything besides muscle or fat :wink:

One of those scales that you grab the handles and do a little dance on… duhh 9000% accuracy guarenteed![/quote]

Do you have to eat carrotz? I herd they make your balls shrink

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

OP

One of those scales that you grab the handles and do a little dance on… duhh 9000% accuracy guarenteed!

Do you have to eat carrotz? I herd they make your balls shrink[/quote]

Big balls are overrated. It becomes too difficult to wear a nice pair of skinny jeans

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

[/quote]

WTF

“I have 20% muscle, 20% bone, 40% penis, 10% internal organs and 10% bad-assness”

logs out of thread before IQ falls to negative range

[quote]Professor X wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

WTF

“I have 20% muscle, 20% bone, 40% penis, 10% internal organs and 10% bad-assness”

logs out of thread before IQ falls to negative range[/quote]

Considering the fact that you are a bright guy I’ll assume that the “WTF” was in response to the whole thread and not my partially serial post made in response to this magically intellectual thread topic.

well duh lol, but how does one compute muscle percentage? Unless you have an autopsy done, how do you measure the weight of everything besides muscle or fat ;)[/quote]

DEXA scans. Many universities do them.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

DEXA scans. Many universities do them.

Dual energy xray absorbimetry scans will measure bone density, sure, but they won’t tell you about internal organs etc, as far as I’m aware.

How is it used for body comp assessment? I see that it is listed as a method, but couldn’t find any specifics on a 5 minute search.

Cheers,
BBB[/quote]

that’s what I was thinking. I know DEXA can give you more detailed info on limbs and such, but distinguishing between all those different tissues?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

logs out of thread before IQ falls to negative range[/quote]

leave it to the black guy to have 40% of his bodyweight in penis.

Professor X wrote:

leave it to the black guy to have 40% of his bodyweight in penis.[/quote]

LOL.

Professor X wrote:

leave it to the black guy to have 40% of his bodyweight in penis.[/quote]

Mods, can you just bin px’s thread so he can start a new one about his penis development program?
Are you selling it on late night tv by any chance? Come on, I not the only potential buyer am I?