Muscle Patheticness

Yesterday I was playing an online video game on my computer where you have a profile picture, or avatar, where you choose what to put. What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as «Built» or «Big papa pump» or whatever.

Where are we now as a society where some people feel the need to define themselves and put themselves forward with the fact that they go to the gym, take steroids and after some time get muscular? I see tons of people take steroids and get steroid-buff. You don’t even have to train that hard. After this usually they think they are the shit and act like they are really something.

Like most people here I like to lift weight, I like to feel good and get stronger, but do these people realize how defining yourself with this is lame?

1 Like

Live and let live.

[quote]Claudan wrote:
Live and let live. [/quote]

This. /thread

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I see tons of people take steroids and get steroid-buff. You don’t even have to train that hard.
[/quote]

Really? Don’t have to train that hard? So the only thing I have to be to become a freak is just take roids and chill? gtfo with that

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Yesterday I was playing an online video game on my computer where you have a profile picture, or avatar, where you choose what to put. What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as �«Built�» or �«Big papa pump�» or whatever.

[/quote]

That’s why it’s called an avatar.

[quote]BigDawg6593 wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I see tons of people take steroids and get steroid-buff. You don’t even have to train that hard.
[/quote]

Really? Don’t have to train that hard? So the only thing I have to be to become a freak is just take roids and chill? gtfo with that[/quote]

That is all you need… o_O

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as �?�«Built�?�» or �?�«Big papa pump�?�» or whatever.

I see tons of people take steroids and get steroid-buff. You don’t even have to train that hard. After this usually they think they are the shit and act like they are really something.[/quote]

Maybe these people playing are actually these hyooge steroid monsters you spoke of because of all the spare time they have, cause they don’t have to train hard and they get pics of skinny fat teens to use as their avitars so that they fit in better with the gamer crowd?

jus sayin… lol

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Yesterday I was playing an online video game on my computer where you have a profile picture, or avatar, where you choose what to put. What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as �«Built�» or �«Big papa pump�» or whatever.

Where are we now as a society where some people feel the need to define themselves and put themselves forward with the fact that they go to the gym, take steroids and after some time get muscular? I see tons of people take steroids and get steroid-buff. You don’t even have to train that hard. After this usually they think they are the shit and act like they are really something.

Like most people here I like to lift weight, I like to feel good and get stronger, but do these people realize how defining yourself with this is lame?
[/quote]

What should they define themselves by?

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as �??�?�«Built�??�?�» or �??�?�«Big papa pump�??�?�» or whatever.

I see tons of people take steroids and get steroid-buff. You don’t even have to train that hard. After this usually they think they are the shit and act like they are really something.[/quote]

Your avatar hypnotized me before I could read a word you wrote.
Maybe these people playing are actually these hyooge steroid monsters you spoke of because of all the spare time they have, cause they don’t have to train hard and they get pics of skinny fat teens to use as their avitars so that they fit in better with the gamer crowd?

jus sayin… lol [/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Yesterday I was playing an online video game on my computer where you have a profile picture, or avatar, where you choose what to put. What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as �?�«Built�?�» or �?�«Big papa pump�?�» or whatever.

[/quote]

What should they define themselves by?[/quote]

Bank account.

Lay count.

Penis size.

You cant just veer of and try to live up to your own standards…

You are to put your shoulder to the wheel and internalize values that serve your betters.

While I really see nothing wrong if someone chooses to primarily identify themselves with one particular hobby or work related trait, I will agree that the whole muscle ego Alpha Male thing can sometimes come across as a bit douchey (and believe me, I’ve got plenty of my own douchey photos which I will own to).

S

1 Like

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
While I really see nothing wrong if someone chooses to primarily identify themselves with one particular hobby or work related trait, I will agree that the whole muscle ego Alpha Male thing can sometimes come across as a bit douchey (and believe me, I’ve got plenty of my own douchey photos which I will own to).

S
[/quote]

I have a feeling those men would be douche bags regardless of whther they have mucles or not.

Muscle doesn’t make the man, Man makes the muscle

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Yesterday I was playing an online video game on my computer where you have a profile picture, or avatar, where you choose what to put. What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as �??�?�«Built�??�?�» or �??�?�«Big papa pump�??�?�» or whatever.

[/quote]

Bank account.

Lay count.

Penis size.

You are to put your shoulder to the wheel and internalize values that serve your betters. [/quote]

What if I post a pic flexing next to my bank?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
Yesterday I was playing an online video game on my computer where you have a profile picture, or avatar, where you choose what to put. What strikes me is how some people put dumb picture of themselves flexing their muscles, with user names such as �??�??�?�«Built�??�??�?�» or �??�??�?�«Big papa pump�??�??�?�» or whatever.

[/quote]

Bank account.

Lay count.

Penis size.

You are to put your shoulder to the wheel and internalize values that serve your betters. [/quote]

What if I post a pic flexing next to my bank?[/quote]

You’ll just be giving people two reasons to be jealous and hate.

S

I don’t advoate uploading pictures of yourself to the net flexing in your underwear.

Well excpet here on T Nation…where I wish MORE PEOPLE WOULD DO IT!

S
[/quote]

Boom. Nailed it. “The whole muscle ego Alpha Male thing” is pretty retarded to outsiders - you know why?

Because (and I’m insulting all of us including myself, so don’t go apeshit) it is insanely narcissistic at its core. We lift weights to feel better about ourselves. I realise that we’re on a page where TC writes about ‘being better than our neighbour in case the aliens ever come’ - but let’s be real: getting bigger won’t save the world. This is not a Conan movie.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

S
[/quote]

Boom. Nailed it. “The whole muscle ego Alpha Male thing” is pretty retarded to outsiders - you know why?

Because (and I’m insulting all of us including myself, so don’t go apeshit) it is insanely narcissistic at its core. We lift weights to feel better about ourselves. I realise that we’re on a page where TC writes about ‘being better than our neighbour in case the aliens ever come’ - but let’s be real: getting bigger won’t save the world. This is not a Conan movie.[/quote]

Who cares really if it narcissictic? Fuck them. Lifting weights makes you a bette person, period. The better your are at this, the better you become as a person. End of story.

I am being semi-serious here.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
Who cares really if it narcissictic? Fuck them. Lifting weights makes you a bette person, period. The better your are at this, the better you become as a person. End of story.

I am being semi-serious here.[/quote]

No. Lifting weights CAN be a learning tool for discipline and consistency which can help you achieve other things. Lifting itself does NOT directly make you a better person.

(I ignored the irony on purpose since many people actually mean it when they say what you said)

Troll / 10

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

S
[/quote]

I have a feeling those men would be douche bags regardless of whther they have mucles or not.

Muscle doesn’t make the man, Man makes the muscle[/quote]
The fact that you can joke about this, Stu, is exactly what makes you NOT a douche. The douches define their lives by this pastime and use it as a reason to look down on others who don’t have the same level of development as them. But, I agree that they would be douches regardless and that their douchiness would simply manifest itself in another way if they didn’t have the weights.