T Nation

Muscle Milk on the Anabolic Diet

I can make room for the carbs easily enough but what effect do MCT’s have on the anabolic diet?

Wow, I just realized how stupid I am for not posting this in the anabolic diet thread.

not nearly as stupid as buying MM :wink: j/k

I used to be a big muscle milk fan, but you can tell that they changed their formula and not for the better. I wouldn’t be surprised if the protein content wasn’t as good as it used to be.

:shrug:

The AD forces the body to use fat as the primary energy source. MCTs are metabolized directly by the liver and dealt with kind of like a carb. Consuming small amounts of them are fine but they are not beneficial on the AD. (according to the Metabolic diet book by Dr. Di Pasquale). Besides muscle milk is expensive and there are plenty of other great protein products out there.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

I used to be a big muscle milk fan, but you can tell that they changed their formula and not for the better. I wouldn’t be surprised if the protein content wasn’t as good as it used to be.

:shrug:[/quote]

I agree,Taste used to be great.
I loved the bananna Cream,almost like a coconut bananna flavor,mmmm

But they changed and I havent had any for months.

I would guess that MM would have too many carbs for the AD.
Dont remember the carb content so that may be a stupid remark…

[quote]Nich wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

:shrug:

I agree,Taste used to be great.
I loved the bananna Cream,almost like a coconut bananna flavor,mmmm

But they changed and I havent had any for months.

I would guess that MM would have too many carbs for the AD.
Dont remember the carb content so that may be a stupid remark…[/quote]

Not a stupid remark at all. Low-Carb Metobolic Drive has 4 grams total with 1 gram fiber, so if it’s used for the AD adjust accordingly. Seems to be a much better protein source then the MM the OP was/is/wants to use.