Muscle Media's 15 Rules For Skinny Guys

I stand corrected.
he did indeed only fail the lie detector test.
Thanks Bjaffe

I gained 12 pounds on Mag-10 in 12 days. I also have recently gained 10 pounds in the last three weeks by cranking up my protein intake, and I’m the proverbial skinny bastard (not in a couple weeks at this rate though!). It can be done. And I don’t know if it mentiones it, but Ellis went on past the 12 week mark and gained another 20 pounds or something, so he’s bigger now. I’ve also heard of people finding their “sweet supplement”, often creatine or the right combination of protein/BCAA/carbs and gaining 20 pounds in a month. I also know guys that have gained 30 pounds in a few weeks and just turned out being big fat guys with monster totals. So it ain’t all that impossible.

People, guys and gals can go into the gym and gain weight on food and squats. It happens all the time. I trained my 54-year-old Dad for 2 weeks and he gained twelve pounds and they stuck. 54. And my dad couldn’t tell Dianabol from Doo Dads. 20-rep squats put an inch on my thighs in 6 weeks. Your body is a an incredible machine if you just get serious about it. For me, getting serious has meant I needed to change gyms and get around some other people that were serious. Then I needed to find a training partner that wouldn’t take excuses and who showed up on time, all the time. Then I needed to balance the rest of my life so I didn’t turn into some socially inept weightlifting monk wannabe. Now, when I go to the gym, it’s do or fuckin’ die. I’m in there no more than 6 hours a week and I’m making awesome progress. Drug use is a personal choice and that’s fine. But saying something like “You can’t do that unless you’re juicing” says you either don’t have a whole lot of experience with training sans drugs, or you just don’t have a whole lot of experience training. Gimme a break.

Anthony Eliis? wasn’t he one of the three guys on that rotten body for life video that failed the lie detector test about using performance enhancing drugs? He beat the urine test (like thats hard), so Bill Phillips decided to throw out the polygraph results. The ironic thing is that all the skinny guys who muscled up were the ones who failed the test, while the ones who just lost fat were the ones who passed.

Unlike the current BFL contests which is limited to 12 weeks of training, the first contest was not time limited. I will have to thumb through some old issues of Musclemedia to see if I can find the issue that first talks about these guys. Many of the first competitors went on much longer than 12 weeks. Just something to think about. I’ll check tonight after work and post if I find anything.

Remember Casey Viator? He gained 60 lbs of lean muscle in 4 weeks. The results may not be of natural origin, although Casey swears that no drugs were used, but even still, 60 lbs. Some people have the genes.

I don’t know Ellis but it can be done under certain circumstances. In particular skinny guys that have worked out for a long time and got relatively strong but have gained only little on body mass have a big growth potential, once they discover what works (like eating more :)). But these are not typical gains. The longer you train the harder it gets to gain weight (i.e. quality mass - not fat). And Drax, it’s nice that you like Strossens book, but you don’t have to quote him in every second post. Many of these stories are myths (e.g. was it Hise who claimed that he would get taller when he gained weight? I don’t remember anymore - it was a while ago that I read that book).

I don’t know the deal with Hise and getting taller, but an old professor of mine who used to go through chronic weight shifts (180lbs to 300+) said that he was at least 1-2 inches taller when he was fat. Partly due to the increase in fat pad size on his feet. Just something to think about.

Did anyone notice (on Body for Life video) that the both of the guys who gained the MOST MUSCLE (Ellis & some other dude) FAILED the lie detector test! And they didn’t have a drug test - only the lie detector. Puhlease!!! THe only 2 to fail were the guy who gained 26lbs of muscle and the guy (Ellis) who gained 32lbs…No they didn’t juice! LOL!

Wait I was wrong. There was a urine test but by the time their 12 weeks ended and they were selected as finalists and flown to Colorado, they could have easily tested clean. That wasn’t even worth testing them…

The Rader Master Bodybuilding & Weight Gaining System is where all that stuff came from. It’s got better examples of serious gains in bodyweight than Super Squats does.

You guys are obviously the wimps if you can’t do it.

Stingray=limp

Nope, I was wrong. The original article shows Ellis making the transformation over the course of 12 weeks.