Muscle Loss While Dieting Article

muscle-insider.blogspot.com/2006/08/secret-to-preventing-muscle-loss-while.html

Read this and discuss. He makes a good point there at the end. It makes me wonder if your body “really” does need to lose muscle while you lose fat. What do you guys think???

Is this new information? There’s tons of articles on this site on how to lose fat without losing muscle. The only thing this guy says is to lift weights while you’re trying to cut fat, and that helps prevent muscle loss.

Gee, really?

Well what I found interesting is that he was bold enough to say there is “no” muscle loss. I have always believed, as I think most others on this site believe, that while cutting you lose at least some muscle. He took a sort of supply and demand approach to it.

I didnt think it was a ground breaking study, I just thought it was interesting that he says there will be no muscle loss instead of saying it will be minimal.

You probably lose a “small” amount of muscle, but say if you increased your fibre count due to muscle cell splitting you keep most of it.

Most of what is called “muscle” loss is actually “water” loss. Water is in the muscle.

[quote]boss99er wrote:
I have always believed, as I think most others on this site believe, that while cutting you lose at least some muscle.[/quote]

I think you can lose fat with zero muscle loss. I also think many on this site agree with this.

If you’re cutting and losing muscle, it’s because you haven’t read the nutrition and exercise articles on this here site.

[quote]Miserere wrote:

If you’re cutting and losing muscle, it’s because you haven’t read the nutrition and exercise articles on this here site.

[/quote]

I agree with this statement 110%