Muscle Gruel...

So I am like gorging out on foods that I think might really go good together and that I can really eat a lot of. So drinking a lot of coffee with a lot of cream was good, so why not start using cream in other things. So then I though, throw just about everything in a bowl and let it all marinate and eat it in the morning like cereal. I don’t know if it was really beneficial for me. To just run my calories up to the total of a big mac but eat it all in the morning, with really slow carbs, and almonds for omega’s and fruits with antioxidants and let it all soak in almond milk rich with fat and let all that nice food just marinate like a t-bone.

So it got me thinking what else do you like to eat that is also CONVENIENT? Something that is in any dude’s fridge, can be eaten. And relatively good taste can be made out of a concoction that you thought up because all you had was jarred kosher pickle relish and seasoning and you topped it with those cheese slices that you melted in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and boom you had a serving of vegetables.

Because that is something that probably tasted good, and is a lot better than the square of sliced green beans in your hungryman micrwaveable dinner but still about the same calories? For dinner’s too. I am talking for the three times you eat a day. Makes me think it would be something that would be on the menu if there was a T-Nation Cafe that you could eat at while waiting on your shipment of supplements you ordered with your food and they get brought out by a dude from Fed-Ex on a pallet that Thibs was leaning on while he was shouting at Kevin and the Doc. We can make an e-book and sell it. Or give it with any order???

Anytime I don’t feel like cooking, I just microwave a cup of oatmeal, mix in 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive, throw in a sizable amount of almond butter and I’m set. Easily ~800 cals, 50+ protein, 50+ carbs, and healthy fats to boot. In the past I have had days where I’ve done this twice in a day just for convenience’s sake (and b/c its damn tasty)

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Anytime I don’t feel like cooking, I just microwave a cup of oatmeal, mix in 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive, throw in a sizable amount of almond butter and I’m set. Easily ~800 cals, 50+ protein, 50+ carbs, and healthy fats to boot. In the past I have had days where I’ve done this twice in a day just for convenience’s sake (and b/c its damn tasty)

S[/quote]
i avoid oats nowadays, but this is definitely one of the top contenders

Not sure if it fits into your criteria, but I love adding avocado to everything. For instance, today I added 2 avocadoes to 5 cups of rice, covered it with hot sauce and ate it with wings. Yes, I eat wings with rice, can’t live without it.

I mix a cup of rice milk, 1 raw egg, 2 scoops chocolate whey, half-cup of Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a blender and drink.

40g protein
30 g carbs
450 cals

[quote]Hard2Gain wrote:
So I am like gorging out on foods that I think might really go good together and that I can really eat a lot of. So drinking a lot of coffee with a lot of cream was good, so why not start using cream in other things. So then I though, throw just about everything in a bowl and let it all marinate and eat it in the morning like cereal. I don’t know if it was really beneficial for me. To just run my calories up to the total of a big mac but eat it all in the morning, with really slow carbs, and almonds for omega’s and fruits with antioxidants and let it all soak in almond milk rich with fat and let all that nice food just marinate like a t-bone.

So it got me thinking what else do you like to eat that is also CONVENIENT? Something that is in any dude’s fridge, can be eaten. And relatively good taste can be made out of a concoction that you thought up because all you had was jarred kosher pickle relish and seasoning and you topped it with those cheese slices that you melted in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and boom you had a serving of vegetables.

Because that is something that probably tasted good, and is a lot better than the square of sliced green beans in your hungryman micrwaveable dinner but still about the same calories? For dinner’s too. I am talking for the three times you eat a day. Makes me think it would be something that would be on the menu if there was a T-Nation Cafe that you could eat at while waiting on your shipment of supplements you ordered with your food and they get brought out by a dude from Fed-Ex on a pallet that Thibs was leaning on while he was shouting at Kevin and the Doc. We can make an e-book and sell it. Or give it with any order???[/quote]

I would try to respond to you if I could find any semblance of meaning in your post. Dude, seriously, that was one of the most confusing things I’ve ever read. I really hope English is your second language (and if it is, then I guess I’m the asshole)

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]Hard2Gain wrote:

Because that is something that probably tasted good, and is a lot better than the square of sliced green beans in your hungryman micrwaveable dinner but still about the same calories? For dinner’s too. I am talking for the three times you eat a day. Makes me think it would be something that would be on the menu if there was a T-Nation Cafe that you could eat at while waiting on your shipment of supplements you ordered with your food and they get brought out by a dude from Fed-Ex on a pallet that Thibs was leaning on while he was shouting at Kevin and the Doc. We can make an e-book and sell it. Or give it with any order???[/quote]

I would try to respond to you if I could find any semblance of meaning in your post. Dude, seriously, that was one of the most confusing things I’ve ever read. I really hope English is your second language (and if it is, then I guess I’m the asshole) [/quote]

Agreed, yesterday I read it three times trying to figure out the context of the post and failed.

If you like cottage cheese, mixing it with pb is about as easy as you can get.

[quote]cally wrote:
Agreed, yesterday I read it three times trying to figure out the context of the post and failed.
[/quote]

I still don’t get it, so my answer is: STEAK!

Layer a package of trader joes cumin chickpeas, grilled chicken chopped and greek yogurt on top of each other. Top off with some hot sauce and you are golden.

Oh, and TJ’s chili pepper sauce tastes like taco bell hot sauce, just better.

S[/quote]

At what wavelength do you cook the oatmeal?

can of tuna + an avocado + franks hot sauce + some black beans… eat it in a bowl or in sandwich format.

Black beans + can of tuna + bunch of Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning = semi-tasty quick and easy meal.

I make two recipes pretty regularly that are cheap, healthy, tons of food.

Chicken Parmasan:
however many chicken breasts come in a big package of chicken breasts that happen to be on sale (usually 8 or so)
2 eggs
1 cup of grated parm cheese
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of water
2-3 cans of classico tomato basil sauce

Directions:
mix the cheese in one bowl, mix the eggs and water in another bowl, dip the chicken in the liquid then the cheese and put it in a baking pan (glass cake/brownie pan). Pour the sauce on top, sprinkle more mozz/parm on top and put it in the oven at 375 for about an hour. May need to put it in longer or put chicken in microwave when ready to eat to make sure chicken is all the way done.

Chili:
5 cans hot chili beans
1 big can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 can of chili tomato mix or another can of peeled tomatoes (regular size can) if you can’t find the chili tomato mix (kroger sells it if they have krogers near you)
1 tbsp coco
1.5 lbs of beef or more
pinch of salt
black bepper, red pepper, chili powder in a ratio of 2:1:4, spice it to your liking
1/4 white onion
2-3 tbsp of minced garlic

directions:
brown the onion and garlic, then brown the meat. Throw the chili beans in, puree the tomatoes and throw all that stuff in. Throw everything else in and taste it to see if it’s spicy enough for you. Cook for an hour on low-med and stir it every 15 minutes or so so as not to burn the bottom. Leave it on the stove longer if you want it a bit thicker.

Don’t cook it with a top on the pan (make sure you have a 5-6 quart pan). Personally I leave it on for 2 hours and then throw it in the fridge and eat over the next few days since the fridge ends up making it a bit thicker too.

S[/quote]

I do something similar to this when I’m real lazy. 1 cup of oats, 2 scoops Metabolic Drive, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 cups of milk. Blend it up, chug the shake and hit the road.

[quote]Mondy wrote:
Not sure if it fits into your criteria, but I love adding avocado to everything. For instance, today I added 2 avocadoes to 5 cups of rice, covered it with hot sauce and ate it with wings. Yes, I eat wings with rice, can’t live without it.[/quote]

Avocados are amazing! I have been making this mix lately with avocado, sour cream, and franks red hot. I’ve put it on all sorts of stuff so far and it’s been amazing.

Sweet. I have really been on an almond milk, coconut oil and cream binge. Last weekend I just fried some turkey bacon in the coconut oil and slapped it on some burgers with provolone cheese and called it good. But I really was just throwing food together at the time… Now time to give some of these a whirl.

not so convenient, but awesome nonetheless:

4 slices bread
4 eggs
4 turkey patties
2 slices cheese
butter

cook turkey burger patties
make 4 pieces egg in hole toast, over hard
double turkey burgers with cheese on egg in hole toast, add condiments to your discretion

delicious. I make it minimum every other month some saturday morning.