Muscle Growth Question

Hello everyone. I’m a newbie here and I had a question.

I started lifting about three months ago but somehow I don’t see a diffence in muscle growth.
What are the best supplements to use (that I can buy at GNC or whatever) that will hasten the muscle growth?

Does GNC sell steak, tuna, chicken, sweet potatoes, natural peanut butter, whole grain bread, oatmeal, eggs, mixed veggies?

NO!

Go to the supermarket, stay in the perimeter aisle (mostly) and spend your “supplement” money on more good food. It’s really that simple.

Eat, lift heavy, eat, eat, eat, rest, repeat!

I’m not trying to be an asshole either. This is sound advice.

My suggestion would be at your level to read through some articles on here, pick an author/coach whose philosophy you like, and follow their programs for a while. Or partner up with someone more advanced in the gym and work with them for a while. Supplements aren’t necessary after 3 months of training, think of them like a fall back to get you the last 5%, not something to get you started.

Good luck with it.

[quote]derek wrote:
Does GNC sell steak, tuna, chicken, sweet potatoes, natural peanut butter, whole grain bread, oatmeal, eggs, mixed veggies?

NO!

Go to the supermarket, stay in the perimeter aisle (mostly) and spend your “supplement” money on more good food. It’s really that simple.

Eat, lift heavy, eat, eat, eat, rest, repeat!

I’m not trying to be an asshole either. This is sound advice. [/quote]

actually we do sell natural peanut butter and oatmeal, but besides that your post is accurate. Plus if your looking for the best value supplements look online.

Make shakes! Milk, whey protein, flax oil, oats, natural peanut butter, yogurt, banana. Drink throughout the day, every day.

A full blender will add an additional 2,000 calories and 150 grams of protein per day to your daily intake.

I’ll keep that in mind. Thx for the replies.