Muscle Growth - Hypertrophy vs. Hyperplasia

Well, concerning the H vs H, they know that bodybuilders just build more protien in their individual cells with the added nuclei and all, and the hyperplasia is almost inexistant…but (do a quick internet search) and you will find that scientist can induce about (don’t remember the specific )180% hyperplasia and 200+% hypertropy in animals…(basically the chicken) they attached a weight representing 10% of the bird’s bodyweight on one wing (shoulder/back muscle) and noting on the other one and after 10 days, gave a two days rest, then put on a 20% weight on th same wing…then 10 days later, rest for 2 days, and then 30% weight on the wing for the last 10 days,and did the punction and the test…hyperplasia was found and hypertrophy was there big time.

Of course this type of training is relatively *(read extremely) inadequate for humans, keeping your muscle in a stretch like that is though, meaning not all muscle can be strecht easily and even so, I tried with the 30lbs dumbbell I have here, wich represent about 20% of my weight…which I can curl easy…frankly…after about 10 minutes of holding them straight down like the chiken must have done, I was basically shouting obcenities, and going in a zen like state of total pain…only achievable with Ian King’s PAIN programs…while at the same time going…wow, look at all them veins…then 10 minutes is 14 400 times shorter than the first 10 days that they did on the chicken…(alright, the chicken had not hit a plateau and it might have been some bigginers gains in the hypertrophy department…but 200+% and the hyperplasia that BBers don’t have…) Imagine taking 2 30%dumbbells, sitting your ass down on the incline bench…stretching to pecs completely…and just sit there for 10 days…feelling the burn, then the pain, then nothing, then pain again as the surgeon amputates from gangrene…

Just thought it was pretty cool,
AlexH

Nkeago, the sp??..I wasn’t sure I spelled your handle correctly and I was in a hurry.

Supertraining is both the name of a book and an e-group. Dave Tate sells the book at elitefts and has a link to the group on his site. The book has it, and the group might have posted on it, but not sure.

Steve: Oh spelling!!! I should have know.

dman: Thanks for the info on supertraining.

Keago :slight_smile: