Muscle gain without any supplements

diesel, I’ve been lifting and for over 20years I still consider myself a newbie;) there is way too much information out there that we have even touch on here in t-mag world. We touch on the basic mostly. And expanded from there.

fitone, how old are you?

I did it when I first started lifting seriously, newbie status. I also did it when I stopped lifting for a year, and got back into lifting. (I don’t know why I ever did that.) I just wish I knew a little something about diet back then. I didn’t do a thing with my diet either of these times, and never took anything but maybe a multivitamin, and that was not very consistant.

Sure a newbie could do that no worries, or someone that has been heavily overtrained, or someone changing training priorities (off season mass gain).
Its just less likely to be achieveable by someone who is a long time dedicated smart trainee.
Why? Because if they could have, they would have.
Just cause you have been lifting for X amount of time doesnt make you advanced or intermediate or whatever, its the quality of training and the know-how you have that counts.
I know guys who have been training for decades that dont know their elbow from their ass, they sure as fuck aint advanced.

One’s height must be taken into consideration. 15lbs of muscle on a 5’4’’ guy is a different ballgame than on a 6’4’’ guy. And then there are gender differences as well.

Also, I don’t think the original question said muscle gain without fat. That would be pretty amazing, but with fat isn’t as hard as you think, unless you don’t enjoy eating.

I’ve done about a pound a week in muscle mass, but I was a teenager and had just overhauled my diet. And I didn’t know a whole hell of a lot about training (or so I think now). Age does come into play.

diesel, my strength has gone up considerably as I’ve gotten older, but I haven’t had the size gains that I might have expected. Yes, I do pay very close attention to diet, training, sleep etc. As I’ve gotten older, stress from work and other things in my life has sure played a part, no doubt. Age related hormonal changes have had an effect and I can feel the difference, that’s for sure. Now, if I went from the type of training I do to a balls-to-the-wall bulking phase for 3 months (I’d never do 3 months of anything, BTW), I’m sure I could put on a nice amount, but 10-15 pounds seems a little much, but perhaps it could be done. The original question had too many undefined variables for us to really be able to give a good response.