Muscle Gain For Football

Hi, my name is Christian i’am 15 years old i wiegh about 162 lbs and about 5’10 and i’am desperate to gain muscle. The problem is that i dont have a clue were to start or how to eat the right foods so i m asking anyone for advice my football coach said he would start me as a linebacker if i came back to school with a little bit more muscle but i m looking to gain good healthy muscule sp if anyone can help me i would appreciate it. thanks again.

Hey Christian-

The best way to train for football is to choose very “core” exercises which add overall strength and mass to your physique. These exercises will also provide the power and explosion you need to take on those burly guards and explode on a blitz as a linebacker. Here are some of the core exercises you should focus on:

Barbell Deadlifts
Barbell Full Squats
Power Cleans
Push Presses

Best of luck!

Have you read any of the articles on the site?

Check out Westside for Skinny Bastards #1+2 for training. Go to the article library (on the left) and check out articles by Dr. John Berardi (make sure to look at Massive Eating and Seven Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs). Then you should be good to go.

thanks alot for the advice i would still like more

Here’s some advice:

“You can’t have your cake and eat it too!”

Do a search. Read some articles. Learn. Practice. Just do it!

Hey Christian,

I had included a very usefull link. I sent you a personal message :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

You can’t go wrong with the West Side For Skinny Bastards programs.

Other then that just make sure your eating 5-6 meals a day, each containing a good protien source and stay away from junk food. Also make sure your are eating alot, I mean you shouldnt put down the fork until you are stuffed.

Make sure you have some good carbs/protien (i.e. Surge) before and after training as well.

More?

Joe detailed a full program that includes running and energy system work for you in part westside for skinny bastards part 2 that he used with HS and NFL athletes to gain muscle. What more could you want.

The next step is to start eating, read Berardi’s article and it’s all laid out for you

As a Freshman and 160 plus…Chill bro…just eat and lift.

Your school should offer a weight training program…Im 16 and i play football…im a center 5’11 266lbs we use the BFS program and i log my training. Ive rarely heard of a school that doesnt have weightlifting for football players